Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Knife crime tsar  (Read 7621 times)

STEMO

Knife crime tsar
« on: 04 March 2019, 13:03:24 »

Bernard Hogan Howe, ex chief constable of various forces, inc Merseyside and the Met, has suggested that the government would be wise to appoint someone to coordinate the various agencies involved in investigating/preventing knife crime. I wonder who he has in mind?  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Knife crime tsar
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2019, 14:09:35 »

Bernard Hogan Howe, ex chief constable of various forces, inc Merseyside and the Met, has suggested that the government would be wise to appoint someone to coordinate the various agencies involved in investigating/preventing knife crime. I wonder who he has in mind?  ::)

Failing Grayling perhaps........he can't keep his job much longer. :)

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2019, 14:26:13 »

I think he may be mooting someone a bit closer to him.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2019, 14:46:47 »

.. and someone who knows his own @rse from his elbow would be a definite advantage. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2019, 15:18:52 »

.. and someone who knows his own @rse from his elbow would be a definite advantage. ;)
Yes, an ex chief constable should fit the bill nicely.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 March 2019, 15:32:52 »

So Mr Grayling falls at the first hurdle then. :-\

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 March 2019, 17:46:11 »

Sad reflection on our country , Blacks have been knifing each other to death for years and no one gives a s**t , two "nice" white kids die and all of a sudden we need action ?

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 04 March 2019, 17:54:00 »

Sad reflection on our country , Blacks have been knifing each other to death for years and no one gives a s**t , two "nice" white kids die and all of a sudden we need action ?
Yes. And your point is?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 March 2019, 18:17:23 »

He will need to be sharp....

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 04 March 2019, 18:27:18 »

That's the whole point.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 March 2019, 18:28:16 »

Bring back the Birch!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 04 March 2019, 18:29:36 »

OOOOOOOO........yes please  :-*

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 March 2019, 18:34:35 »

That's the whole point.

It was more for when the idea goes belly up.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 March 2019, 18:37:08 »

OOOOOOOO........yes please  :-*

Actually, I think the Stocks would be more appropriate for these wannabe gangsta teens.  :) 

Every town centre and housing estate green should have a set of stocks, as there would be nothing more humiliating for these little scrotes than to be locked up for everyone to see.  :y

Trouble is, that would mean expanding stop and search and the hand wringers would never have that!  :-\

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 March 2019, 18:40:32 »

Forget about a so called Zsar!

Mrs May has been interviewed today saying there is no correlation between these crimes and police numbers.  Absolute rubbish!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

She is just protecting her past record as Home Secretary when she cut police numbers.   The Police need another 20,000 officers nationally and until we get those numbers all of us will see ALL crime escalating and crimes going unreported/unactioned.

Police officers are tearing their hair out, if they have any left, fighting to keep us all safe and for justice to be done.

Mrs May now must go for many reasons!!! >:( >:( >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 04 March 2019, 18:45:30 »

There's £39,000,000,000 that could be reallocated into the Police Forces Services around the country!  :)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 March 2019, 19:05:44 »

Yes. And your point is?
And my point is if these two kids had been black it wouldn't have got anything like the media coverage it did get 

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 04 March 2019, 19:26:16 »

Yes. And your point is?
And my point is if these two kids had been black it wouldn't have got anything like the media coverage it did get
Correct.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 March 2019, 19:49:31 »

White girl stabbed by black youths for no apparent or obvious reason .... stinks of gang culture where you have to "do" something to be allowed to "join" ... so just how will any "tsar" (or any other title you choose to use) prevent these tragedies ???

There are numerous "new" laws being passed and even more "bodies" to oversee them .. but the results are always the same .. a law does not prevent something occuring, it merely means that if you get caught you get punished.

The ONLY way of stopping this (and IMHO it is almost impossible) is if parents take responsibility for their kids.

My son NEVER owned or went out with a knife or other offensive weapon, if I had even thought it he would have been searched. He was never out past 9.00pm whilst he lived at home ( until he went to uni at age 18) unless it was a previously agreed "late pass" for a specific place/reason. I was responsible for his behaviour, so I made sure I knew where he was and what he was doing there.

Didn't do him or me any harm AFAIK .. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 March 2019, 20:21:47 »

Useless Mayor of London had the choice of having an extra 1875 police officers or spending the extra money on politicians pay rises and massive subsidies to various trade unions. As London is in the midst I'm sure it was a difficult decision on spending it on jobs for the boys and Londoners can get stuffed over escalating crime. >:( >:( >:(

One of the biggest growing areas in burglary is while a house owner is at home and with the Tories planning to get rid of most jail sentences with no criminals ever going near one if they get less than 6 months, welcome to the UK crime rate growing to the same levels as South Africa. Standard MO for mugging in South Africa is to kill you first as it makes you easier to rob. How long before it is endemic here? >:( >:( >:(

Brexit has been good as it has exposed how utterly useless our self-serving politicians are in Westminster, where most will never ever have a clue as to what is going on in the real world as that would involve a painful operation of having their heads pulled out of their arses. >:( >:( >:( Taxes are the highest they have been for 50 years while our, increasingly expensive, jobs for the common purpose boys and girls, useless public services fall apart. The HS2 boondoggle sums up everything £100bn or £1m+ per rail sleeper. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 March 2019, 20:29:18 »

boondoggle

Good word that!  :y  I had to google it though.....  :-[  ;D

Boondoggle Google Linky

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 March 2019, 21:03:42 »

Mrs May has been interviewed today saying there is no correlation between these crimes and police numbers.  Absolute rubbish!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Surely that would be for a senior police officer to say.. or a criminal psychologist, or someone else who has some sort of qualification to pontificate on the subject. ::)

This reminds me of when she was home secretary, promising to clean up the internet in all sorts of ways that aren't actually technically possible.

.. or brexit, where she undermines her cabinet, civil servants and advisors and negotiates her own deal, then wonders at the final hurdle why nobody else will back it. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 March 2019, 21:42:41 »

You import the third world on mass, you import their culture, what's acceptable there isn't acceptable here.
Hoof'land storeman.

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 March 2019, 22:56:35 »

Forget about a so called Zsar!

She is just protecting her past record as Home Secretary when she cut police numbers.   The Police need another 20,000 officers nationally and until we get those numbers all of us will see ALL crime escalating and crimes going unreported/unactioned.

Police officers are tearing their hair out, if they have any left, fighting to keep us all safe and for justice to be done.

Mrs May now must go for many reasons!!! >:( >:( >:(

Agreed Lizzie
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 March 2019, 23:12:50 »

My son NEVER owned or went out with a knife or other offensive weapon, if I had even thought it he would have been searched.  ....

Unless you did actually search him then you don't know he never owned a knife ....  ::) ::)

Not suggesting he ever did though  :y

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 March 2019, 23:33:09 »

You import the third world on mass, you import their culture, what's acceptable there isn't acceptable here.
.     Yes indeed agree 100%. 
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 March 2019, 08:43:13 »

Surely that would be for a senior police officer to say.. or a criminal psychologist, or someone else who has some sort of qualification to pontificate on the subject. ::)

This reminds me of when she was home secretary, promising to clean up the internet in all sorts of ways that aren't actually technically possible.

.. or brexit, where she undermines her cabinet, civil servants and advisors and negotiates her own deal, then wonders at the final hurdle why nobody else will back it. >:(

Yes indeed, and that is what they are saying, now more and more in public :y

As Home Secretary she went against all the advice, guidance and warnings of senior and general ranks police officers and cut the numbers to suit the political needs of "Austerity".

We, the public, are now reaping the "rewards" of that dismal policy!! >:(
« Last Edit: 05 March 2019, 08:47:40 by Lizzie Zoom »

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 March 2019, 12:51:35 »

Yes indeed, and that is what they are saying, now more and more in public :y

As Home Secretary she went against all the advice, guidance and warnings of senior and general ranks police officers and cut the numbers to suit the political needs of "Austerity".

We, the public, are now reaping the "rewards" of that dismal policy!! >:(

That is what arse licking yes people do. Yes, Mr Cameron how high and how many times do you want me to jump. Where the answer is I will get the Home Office and senior officers to advise on the acceptable minimum number of police officers to keep an acceptable level of law and order. The minister also covers their own butt if the PM overrules their advice. Such a thought would never enter PM May's head where she is clearly brain dead from the neck up. I personally think my calling her office junior May from day 1 on here has aged well as I never saw anything more, she never disappoints as she clearly being the line manager of a 3 person Civil Service typing pool is beyond her. Her annual review would be dresses smartly (office bimbo), likes to at the centre of office gossip and petty politics, but struggles to do her job and manage those under her.

The most culpable people in this sad situation is not PM May and her ambition clearly well exceeding her capabilities, but Tory party members, ministers, PMs and MPs who didn't do their job, by picking capable people for MPs and senior posts. May as PM has destroyed all Tory credibility in the eyes of voters and she will destroy her nasty party. If her WA abomination is passed (god forbid) or she extends Article 50, the Tory party will split with the ERG forming a new party or joining Farage's Brexit party.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 March 2019, 14:56:49 »

Although it isn't about knife crime, Littlejohns column in the Fail today beautifully demonstrates why Hogan Howe should always be ignored, May shouldn't ever have been promoted beyond running a bring & buy for her local W.I., and as an aside, why self appointed nonce finder general, Tom Watson really isn't the moderate, acceptable face of Labour who should replace Commie Corbyn.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-6771471/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-inquiry-not-one-behaviour-Tom-Watson.html
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 March 2019, 17:31:59 »

Unless you did actually search him then you don't know he never owned a knife ....  ::) ::)

I've had a knife in my pocket for most of the last forty years, including all seven years at grammar school. The first was a present for my 11th birthday from my Grandfather who always had one. As does Dad.

Unfortunately I the ones I now carry are illegal, but I consider a folding knife that doesn't lock to be dangerous to me. None of them are any good for offensive use.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 05 March 2019, 18:39:25 »

I usually carry a small (locking) folding knife from Poundland - amazingly useful, but no threat to a mouse!

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 05 March 2019, 19:11:06 »

Kinnell! The forum is full of mad stabbers.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 March 2019, 19:26:28 »

I carry a zombie knife, but its only for cleaning under my finger nails, honest.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 05 March 2019, 19:30:03 »

I carry a zombie knife, but its only for cleaning under my finger nails, honest.  :)
Are they for killing zombies? I thought they were already dead. :-\

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05 March 2019, 19:47:15 »

I have a Swiss Army Pocket Knife, given to me by our Swiss parent company for achieving our targets, which has 20 tools that I keep in my handbag for emergency use :D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #35 on: 05 March 2019, 19:58:05 »

I have a Swiss Army Pocket Knife, given to me by our Swiss parent company for achieving our targets, which has 20 tools that I keep in my handbag for emergency use :D ;)
Yeah, yeah. Tell that to the judge.  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05 March 2019, 21:12:54 »

Yeah, yeah. Tell that to the judge.  ;D

Yeah. Honest gov. Just for emergencies :D :D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05 March 2019, 21:44:09 »

Trouble is by the time you have decided what tool to use, have located and extracted it....... You are dead!  :o  ::)  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05 March 2019, 21:59:43 »

Yeah, yeah. Tell that to the judge;D

You'll be going down, Lizzie.......... :) :-* :-* :-* :-* ::) ::) ::) ::)

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 05 March 2019, 22:13:21 »

I beg you pardon  :o    ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 05 March 2019, 22:18:55 »

I thought you were streetwise.  ::)
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1612976/what-zombie-knife-street-weapons-ban-latest-uk/

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 05 March 2019, 22:43:15 »

I thought you were streetwise.  ::)
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1612976/what-zombie-knife-street-weapons-ban-latest-uk/
I thought you understood sarcasm.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06 March 2019, 00:26:49 »

Well, are you allowed to carry a screwdriver? Just as bad, and in most shops you go to you could simply pick a knife up on the display. It’s a hard call for police as it is, god forbid you search the wrong guy even though you’re doing it because statistics tell you to.
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06 March 2019, 09:55:48 »

Do not worry Opti, I am not going down any time soon. :-* :-*

A Swiss Army Knife is not considered to be a weapon as it's longest, folding knife, is less than 3" long.

I have even have it in my handbag when I go to Kent Police HQ and Training College. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06 March 2019, 13:35:27 »

Lizzie is a nice young lady. She knows I'm a gentleman and wouldn't dream of implying imply the other type of 'going down'. :) ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 06 March 2019, 15:29:38 »

Lizzie is a nice young lady. She knows I'm a gentleman and wouldn't dream of implying imply the other type of 'going down'. :) ::)

Exactly right Opti. I didn't know there was another way to "go down"......you go down to your car or go down to Australia, but surely there is no other meaning?    ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-*

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 06 March 2019, 15:37:19 »

When walking between the car and the beach I often walk in public with 2 knives strapped to my wetsuit while carrying 2 pretty big spearguns.  In Brighton that can be a couple of miles through the town centre.  Nobody bats an eyelid.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 06 March 2019, 16:27:55 »

When walking between the car and the beach I often walk in public with 2 knives strapped to my wetsuit while carrying 2 pretty big spearguns.  In Brighton that can be a couple of miles through the town centre.  Nobody bats an eyelid.

Stranger things have happened in Brighton. ;)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06 March 2019, 16:28:28 »

Exactly right Opti. I didn't know there was another way to "go down"......you go down to your car or go down to Australia, but surely there is no other meaning?    ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-*

Ahem - the lady doth protest too much! ;D :-*

Ron.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06 March 2019, 16:51:55 »

Are you speaking from experience there Mr W?  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 06 March 2019, 16:56:37 »

You're the one who chooses to walk the streets there dressed like a gimp. ;)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #51 on: 06 March 2019, 19:14:59 »

About 5 years ago our C&R instructor was withdrawing cash from a bank in Cambridgeshire two scumbags threatened him with a knife & demanded his cash , he is a very polite & slightly built man he asked them to politely move on otherwise he would be forced to defend himself to cut a long story short he disarmed them left them groaning on the pavement & handed the knives in to the local police after he called them to the scene, this scenario was witnessed by two of my colleagues , just wished I had been on that training event that week.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 06 March 2019, 19:47:03 »

You're the one who chooses to walk the streets there dressed like a gimp. ;)

I see you were stalking me around brighton again.  We've talked about this ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06 March 2019, 20:04:18 »

About 5 years ago our C&R instructor was withdrawing cash from a bank in Cambridgeshire two scumbags threatened him with a knife & demanded his cash , he is a very polite & slightly built man he asked them to politely move on otherwise he would be forced to defend himself to cut a long story short he disarmed them left them groaning on the pavement & handed the knives in to the local police after he called them to the scene, this scenario was witnessed by two of my colleagues , just wished I had been on that training event that week.

A neighbour on mine was a nurse at Broadmoor and had just competed his C&R refresher course and lightly showed me a couple of restraint moves and that was enough to get the gist of how easy it is to put people in very painful restraint positions that get much more painful as you resist. I must admit I was impressed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.