Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Not strictly an Omega.....  (Read 24793 times)

MarkC

• Midlands, Derby
    • Signum, CarltonGsi3000
    • View Profile
Re: Not strictly an Omega.....
« Reply #60 on: 02 December 2012, 18:06:53 »

I can appreciate practically what has gone into this "build" as I had one of these from new (a Company car), on a G plate as yours, and in black (sort of metallic black as I suspect yours is - a bit difficult to see 100% from a photo), and I have to say yours looks so much better than my one even when it was brand new!! :y :y :y

Thanks dbug, I've met a few people who either had one, wanted one, or knew someone who had one of these as a company car, including my MOT man, he told me (when he was testing this one) an old boss of his had one an everyone envied him. These seemed to be the cars to have back in the day, if you (or your boss) owned one in 1989 you'd 'made it'  :y

P.s. Colour is 'Starmist Black' - metallic. The original colour. (I've noticed in certain lights it looks grey, blue, and even green!!)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #61 on: 02 December 2012, 18:27:38 »

For some reason I have never noticed this tread until now, and wowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

What a superb restoration!  Absolutely better than new now it seems, and all done with utter determination that certainly I could never consider, let alone do ::) ::)  The patience you have leaves me in awe. :-* :-*

Mark you can be really proud of that car, and I would hope that it will be the classic now and of the future it deserves to be.  That is of museum quality in my humble opinion.

Great, great job! 8) 8) 8) 8) :y :y   

MarkC

• Midlands, Derby
    • Signum, CarltonGsi3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 02 December 2012, 20:34:35 »

For some reason I have never noticed this tread until now, and wowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

What a superb restoration!  Absolutely better than new now it seems, and all done with utter determination that certainly I could never consider, let alone do ::) ::)  The patience you have leaves me in awe. :-* :-*

Mark you can be really proud of that car, and I would hope that it will be the classic now and of the future it deserves to be.  That is of museum quality in my humble opinion.

Thank you very much Lizzie. Very kind comments indeed.  :) :)  :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #63 on: 03 December 2012, 15:52:47 »

I can appreciate practically what has gone into this "build" as I had one of these from new (a Company car), on a G plate as yours, and in black (sort of metallic black as I suspect yours is - a bit difficult to see 100% from a photo), and I have to say yours looks so much better than my one even when it was brand new!! :y :y :y

Thanks dbug, I've met a few people who either had one, wanted one, or knew someone who had one of these as a company car, including my MOT man, he told me (when he was testing this one) an old boss of his had one an everyone envied him. These seemed to be the cars to have back in the day, if you (or your boss) owned one in 1989 you'd 'made it'  :y

P.s. Colour is 'Starmist Black' - metallic. The original colour. (I've noticed in certain lights it looks grey, blue, and even green!!)

Yep thats the colour I remember :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #64 on: 03 December 2012, 15:58:34 »

Thank you very much Lizzie. Very kind comments indeed.  :) :)  :y

You deserve them Mark! :y  Still thinking of your wonderful car 8) 8) 8) :y :y

MarkC

• Midlands, Derby
    • Signum, CarltonGsi3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 03 December 2012, 18:48:24 »

You deserve them Mark! :y Still thinking of your wonderful car 8) 8) 8) :y :y

Aww stop it Lizzie......I'm blushing now (the Gsi has also turned a fetching shade of red too  ;D:D :D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #66 on: 03 December 2012, 18:51:36 »

You deserve them Mark! :y Still thinking of your wonderful car 8) 8) 8) :y :y

Aww stop it Lizzie......I'm blushing now (the Gsi has also turned a fetching shade of red too  ;D:D :D

;D ;D ;D ;D :y

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 04 January 2014, 14:14:17 »

Hi Mark, useless me trying to add anything that has not been already said, a truly immaculate car. Its one of the reasons I had the wheels off you. Anyone who takes this much pride in their work, would never have 'shoddy' stuff around. Know what? 'I was right'!! The wheels are great thank you mate, and I must say that your estate is none too 'shabby' either. nice to see someone taking so much pride in their motors. Good luck mate..  :y
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

MarkC

• Midlands, Derby
    • Signum, CarltonGsi3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 04 January 2014, 16:52:36 »

Thanks Rob, and thanks for taking the time to have a look through this thread and your kind comments.

Glad you're happy with the wheels, they'll look lovely on your Elite. It was a pleasure to meet you today.

Take care....and steer clear of those pesky surprise roundabouts!!

All the best.

almo

• Northants
  • 1998 Vauxhall Omega 2.5 TD (Pre-facelift)
    • Omega 2.5 TD, Triumph TR7
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 06 January 2014, 20:29:53 »

So rare to see one of these nowadays, let alone in such stunning condition... Something to be truly proud of!  :y

cam2502

• Omega Baron
  • dumfries,scotland
    • 08 BMW 520d & 03 Saab 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 06 January 2014, 21:30:43 »

Stunning. I prefer yours to your mates white one, and what a shine you've got there.

MarkC

• Midlands, Derby
    • Signum, CarltonGsi3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 06 January 2014, 22:39:08 »

Thanks guys, having shares in Meguiars and Autoglym help keep her body in tip-top condition  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 24 September 2014, 15:34:42 »

Just need to add my twopenneth,,, wow!!!  :y :y

May I ask with various underbody items, like the 'straps' that the fuel tank is held by, wishbones, brackets, diff mounts etc.. did you recondition the originals/replacements, or were these brand new from Vx ones?
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

2boxerdogs

« Reply #73 on: 27 September 2014, 20:23:41 »

Very very nice, great looking car..

Missy_MV6

« Reply #74 on: 27 September 2014, 20:50:11 »

Absolutely stunning makes me and my hubby yearn for another 8) owned 1 12v and 3 24v before the Omegas love love love them to bits and yours is a credit to you  :y
Angie
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.