Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: help required please  (Read 4117 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: help required please
« Reply #30 on: 22 September 2010, 21:24:25 »

Bit of a update peeps, i took  the pleneum off tonight and it stunk of petrol,i also found that it wasn'tsitting properly. all put back together but still have same problem ,i,ve also noticed that the  chrome pipe in front of the drive belt  gets red hot !! can any one explain why is this??? it has also blown the short  rubber pipe it connects onto,could this be the problem??

Thats a blocked cat or exhaust centre section

TestOmega

• Mississauga, Canada
  • Been helped, will help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22 September 2010, 21:27:42 »

Bit of a update peeps, i took  the pleneum off tonight and it stunk of petrol,i also found that it wasn'tsitting properly. all put back together but still have same problem ,i,ve also noticed that the  chrome pipe in front of the drive belt  gets red hot !! can any one explain why is this??? it has also blown the short  rubber pipe it connects onto,could this be the problem??
If I am not mistaken those are the exhaust gases coming forward.  There is obviously exhaust pressure (misfires, blockage, failure of the SAI one way valve on the SAI pipe, etc.).  It may be related to your overall stuff but it is quite disturbing!

Should identify which side rubber coupling has been blown and others may help better or have ideas too.

Cheers.

Sorry I believe Marks DTM Calib already addressed it.   :-[
« Last Edit: 22 September 2010, 21:31:47 by TestOmega »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  May I be blessed to give more than I receive  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

000jonboy

• exeter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22 September 2010, 22:28:18 »

Thanks for reply yes kept same throttle body and pleneum plug leads all connected when engine was out of car  but will double check, the pipe which blew was on same side above air con pipe. don't think the cats are blocked as it runs fine when engine is cold,how can i check if they are blocked and how can i cure it if they are ? seems like there is plenty of pressure coming out or exhaust. many thanks for all your replys. i may sound stupid but what is the sai again ??? am getting old and can be quite forgetfull ::)
« Last Edit: 22 September 2010, 22:30:04 by 00jonboy »

TestOmega

• Mississauga, Canada
  • Been helped, will help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23 September 2010, 00:36:24 »

SAI is Secondary Air Injection.  There is an air pump in near the fron wheel well and under ECU, etc., control it pumps fresh air into the exhaust for emission purposes.  Heats up O2s fast as unburnt stuff gets the cats red hot fast.  There is a one way valve between the right and left rubber couplings to ensure that hot exhaust does not come to the front or flow in the silver pipe at front.  This pipe should remain cool to touch always.  The rubber couplings kind of insulate the middle pipe from connections at exhaust manifolds.

OK I need to cut it out, too much rambling  :-[

Cheers and good luck. :y
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  May I be blessed to give more than I receive  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

000jonboy

• exeter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 September 2010, 18:20:07 »

it is looking like the cats are buggered then by the looks of it then :( :(
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.