Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Phone stuff.....  (Read 3188 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Phone stuff.....
« on: 31 January 2008, 17:13:14 »

OK I admit it .. I know nothing about phones... :(

New beast has one of these fitted :

which I think from trawling the web might be a Nokia CARK-91

Q1. Can anyone confirm this, or tell me what it is oterwise !!  ?

Q2. What is the little plug right at the top for ?? I've never seen a phone with a socket in such a position ??

Q3. What pay-as-you-go (vodafone) would fit such a holder and work correctly with the hands free ?

I realise I'll have to ebay for one as I've been told that what I have is obselete (I'm confused at Carphone Warehouse chap on that one ... "I don't know what it is but it's obselete")

Any ideas gratefully accepted  :)

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
Re: Phone stuff.....
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2008, 17:19:06 »

can you get some piccys up, we may be able to identify it a lot easier  :y

If you want a phone that will fit into a CARK-91 look for a nokia 6310, they are an oldish phone but very good, on the back of the phone there will be a grommet, pull that out and you will find the female version of what you have in the car kit.

edit   just dawned on me i am looking from work and piccys are blocked  :-[
« Last Edit: 31 January 2008, 17:21:48 by jay_w »

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2008, 17:56:33 »

YES MATE THAAT IS A CARK 91 FOR THE NOKIA 6310/i  AND THE LITTLE SOCKET ON THE TOP IS FOR THE EXTERNAL ANTENNA CONNECTION WITH THE PHONE. YOUR VODA PAY AS YOU GO WILL WORK OK AND THIS HOLDER IS A GOOD PIECE OF KIT, SHAME THEY STOPPED MAKING THE PHONE AS IT WAS ALSO A GOOD BIT OF KIT TOO.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2008, 18:13:45 »

Thanks for the info .. several 6310i's on fleabay ... off to try and buy one .. :)

I assume the 6310i is better than the 6310 ??

ps .. Sir Jay W  ...

thanks for the edit .. you had me totally confused for a while there !! (not difficult I know ...    :)  )
« Last Edit: 31 January 2008, 18:14:19 by entwood »

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2008, 18:15:32 »

Thanks for the info .. several 6310i's on fleabay ... off to try and buy one .. :)

ps .. Sir Jay W  ...

thanks for the edit .. you had me totally confused for a while there !! (not difficult I know ...    :)  )

6310i , i believe the ordinary 6310 lacks bluetooth

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2008, 19:33:13 »

Old CARK91.  Works with:

(and i variants).

The main connector is a bit crap on these, needing constant cleaning.

Probably easier to rip it out an replace with a HF unit that fits your existing phone.
Grumpy old man

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2008, 20:18:49 »

ps .. Sir Jay W  ...

6310i was a slightly better phone, had bluetooth and a better battery life as well as looking a bit more up to date.

Try and get the best you can for your money, and factor in the possibility of having to buy another battery.
if there are any that have faded screens walk away, it was a problem with some of them.
whilst it is an old phone now it is still very well respected by those who want something that makes and receives calls  :y

Minispud

• Intermediate Member
  • Banbury, Oxfordshire
  • Ride hard with Passion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2008, 20:25:23 »

ps .. Sir Jay W  ...

6310i was a slightly better phone, had bluetooth and a better battery life as well as looking a bit more up to date.

Try and get the best you can for your money, and factor in the possibility of having to buy another battery.
if there are any that have faded screens walk away, it was a problem with some of them.
whilst it is an old phone now it is still very well respected by those who want something that makes and receives calls  :y

The 6310i is a very very good phone  :y, it's one of the best phone Nokia every made, a lot of Business people I know still use them.
D.A.R.N.A Cycles.   Ride with Passion in your Heart

dejongj

• Whipsnade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 February 2008, 00:37:43 »

Fully agree, fantastic battery life....A proper phone first without all the nonsense that you don't really need anyway...Oh and you can actually see the screen in direct sunlight...Highly recommended, I still got one that I use as a reserve....

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
  • Woke up this morning a post whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 February 2008, 13:38:14 »

ps .. Sir Jay W  ...

The 6310i is a very very good phone  :y, it's one of the best phone Nokia every made, a lot of Business people I know still use them.

Ditto it was a fabulous phone.

Another option is to search on ebay for a Pop-port cradle.

This will plug straight into the cark91 brain and allow you to use loads more Nokia phones (some of the more recent ones)
Hotel21 wrote 'Its doubtfull in the extreme if it is the head gasket at fault.  If it were burning 5 litres per week the car would leave a smokescreen behind it!'

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 February 2008, 14:47:45 »

ps .. Sir Jay W  ...

Ditto it was a fabulous phone.

Another option is to search on ebay for a Pop-port cradle.

This will plug straight into the cark91 brain and allow you to use loads more Nokia phones (some of the more recent ones)
The cradles that allow you to use popport with cark91 aren't that great ime.  I would pay a little extra and get a proper popport kit :y
Grumpy old man

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 February 2008, 15:33:03 »

Fully agree, fantastic battery life....A proper phone first without all the nonsense that you don't really need anyway...Oh and you can actually see the screen in direct sunlight...Highly recommended, I still got one that I use as a reserve....

Could not agree more - all the reasons stated above is why I still have mine.  Also has InfaRed which I use in conjunction with my laptop and outlook to synchronise the contacts that I have.  It is must easier to enter them on the computer than on the phone!
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 February 2008, 15:34:42 »

Could not agree more - all the reasons stated above is why I still have mine.  Also has InfaRed which I use in conjunction with my laptop and outlook to synchronise the contacts that I have.  It is must easier to enter them on the computer than on the phone!
it can do it over bluetooth as well, better still ;)
Grumpy old man

Humpy

• Intermediate Member
  • Tunbridge Wells, Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 February 2008, 23:08:22 »

I had a 6310 for yonks as a work phone with a Cark91, now I have a 6230i with a cheapo adaptor in the original cradle and it works fine. The adaptor's are about a tenner and the Poport adaptors which plug into the Cark91 brain were around thirty quid I think. Personally I like a proper car kit so I can see the phone when it rings/charges the phone/an external aerial but then I do use mine a lot!

Humpy

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 February 2008, 23:27:52 »

Thanks for all the advice/comments  :)

Have purchased a 6310i off and a vodafone pay-as-you-go sim off Ebay.

We'll see how I get on after they arrive

:)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.