Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric cars and hybrids  (Read 7501 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Electric cars and hybrids
« Reply #15 on: 07 May 2018, 11:09:59 »

Having been out a time or two in one of my team’s i3, “sneaking up” behind d!ckhead pedestrians who walk down the middle of the roads in car parks and blasting the horn is most satisfying  :y

I once added some Maserati Sprint airhorns to my Car (not an Omega), which did not sound until the normal horn was deployed for more than 2 seconds, approx.
It was on a timing circuit which reset before that time was up, so I could beep politely as much as I wanted, but if granny didn't respond to the polite version, I held the button on until the LOUD horns kicked in!  8)

Ron.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 May 2018, 11:55:07 »

Wouldn't it be easier to enforce the green cross code and put the onus on the pedestrian to open his friggin eyes and look both ways  ::)

That way, if you get run over by some cock in a Prius, its your own stupid fault and the resulting deaths may improve the gene pool slightly  ;D

Its would also mean a substantial saving on bullets for the cull when TB gets in power  ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 May 2018, 12:47:06 »

Must say I don't really stop,look,listen.When I'm about ready to cross a road I do listen and I look both ways-even on one way streets-if it's clear then I'll cross if not I'll continue on a bit further while looking/listening until it's safe to cross.Only time I'll actually stop is if I'm likely to pass the spot where I actually need to cross.At pedestrian crossing I always wait until the traffic actually stops before venturing onto the crossing.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2018, 22:13:24 »

Must say I don't really stop,look,listen.When I'm about ready to cross a road I do listen and I look both ways-even on one way streets-if it's clear then I'll cross if not I'll continue on a bit further while looking/listening until it's safe to cross.Only time I'll actually stop is if I'm likely to pass the spot where I actually need to cross.At pedestrian crossing I always wait until the traffic actually stops before venturing onto the crossing.
Just as well  Baza as at least two of ,em usually go through on the red. >:(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 May 2018, 10:13:11 »

Wouldn't it be easier to enforce the green cross code and put the onus on the pedestrian to open his friggin eyes and look both ways  ::)

That way, if you get run over by some cock in a Prius, its your own stupid fault and the resulting deaths may improve the gene pool slightly  ;D

Its would also mean a substantial saving on bullets for the cull when TB gets in power  ;D

Indeed. Or, given that half the idiots are wearing headphones anyway, so why not just make them install an app on their gayphone that makes a noise whenever a Pious is nearby and let the rest of us get on with our lives in peace?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 May 2018, 10:43:16 »

Indeed. Or, given that half the idiots are wearing headphones anyway, so why not just make them install an app on their gayphone that makes a noise whenever a Pious is nearby and let the rest of us get on with our lives in peace?

I have the solution ………..

With WIFI and Bluetooth becoming more and more apparent on modern cars and gayphones (other brands available), why not get these over specked milk floats to broadcast the sound of a engine  :)
Get the app companies to produce a app that lets you change the broadcasted sound for the upcoming vehicle  :y
That way, us normal people who know the green cross code can walk around the streets in relative silence (rumble of run flat / eco tyres excepted) while the youth of today can here the sound of those v8 powered Pius's 300metres away  :y :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 May 2018, 10:59:27 »

With WIFI and Bluetooth becoming more and more apparent on modern cars and gayphones (other brands available), why not get these over specked milk floats to broadcast the sound of a engine  :)
Get the app companies to produce a app that lets you change the broadcasted sound for the upcoming vehicle  :y
That way, us normal people who know the green cross code can walk around the streets in relative silence (rumble of run flat / eco tyres excepted) while the youth of today can here the sound of those v8 powered Pius's 300metres away  :y :y

That's a great idea. Do you think the app could recreate the smell of Castrol R as well? :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 May 2018, 11:23:16 »

Aaah, Castrol R - can you still get it? Back in the day, the lads used to put a cupfull in the petrol tank, just for the smell.  :) :) :)

Ron.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 May 2018, 17:34:07 »

I bet mine is better, and more effective ;)
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 May 2018, 20:24:13 »

Lowering the population count? A most splendid idea if I may say so... With the added bonus that the roads will slowly become less congested!

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 May 2018, 08:25:11 »

Lowering the population count? A most splendid idea if I may say so... With the added bonus that the roads will slowly become less congested!

Great idea  :y

Right lads, when we starting ?   ;D ;D

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 May 2018, 08:41:43 »

I heard yesterday that Birmingham is considering holding a grand prix on its streets for electric cars. A milk float grand prix in my book; I think the drivers should dress as milk men, be required to drop off bottles every 2 laps.
More seriously, I wonder how many laps they would cover before their batteries went flat, and would they allow refuelling - battery pack changing - every 10 laps?

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 May 2018, 08:52:29 »

Let's have REAL milkmen, horses and all - their exhaust was ecofriendly and good for the roses!

Ron.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 May 2018, 09:24:45 »

Having driven a Leaf for 3 years I can tell you that it does change your driving style.  2 near-misses with pedestrians in the first fortnight made me change how I perceived the road ahead and altered my thought process and decisions.  It was no skin off my back to do either.  There were no issues with cyclists, with or without headphones, because if you give them enough room (as the highway code directs) then you wont have an issue :y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 May 2018, 10:13:12 »

Having driven a Leaf for 3 years

Totally OT, but how have you found it? I keep toying with the idea of an ev solely for my commute (50miles each way, free charging at work) once we move and having something more fun for all the other times I want a car.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.