Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dash cam fitting  (Read 898 times)

omega3000

Dash cam fitting
« on: 29 October 2014, 07:57:33 »

So got the dash cam , im thinking of hard wiring it  :-\ Is it just a case of cutting the fag lighter connection off and wiring it with in-line fuse . Where would be the best/easiest place to wire to  :-\

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
Re: Dash cam fitting
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2014, 08:03:47 »

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2014, 08:15:43 »

Had similar idea, This might help

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=124287.msg1620138#msg1620138

Arrrrhg ! 4 pages of confusion  :D ;D So tap into wiring , do not cut .
Bit i got confused over is what wiring you used and what fuse ? My cam is 5amp .

Oh one similar to this Link
« Last Edit: 29 October 2014, 08:21:58 by Emd »

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2014, 08:26:39 »

Can't remember what kind or size of fuse I used, Thought I had put it down in that thread, Seems like I didn't  :-X ;D

Whatever I did went in one ear and out the other.. Still works to this day so can't be that bad of a job  :y

Sure someone who's more electrically minded will fill in the dots  :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 October 2014, 08:29:55 »

As a side note if not already done get a 32GB micro SD card presuming lts like all the rest that take this type of card... Have heard some Chinese cams are a bit fussy as to what class the cards are also  :-\

omega3000

« Reply #5 on: 29 October 2014, 08:31:35 »

Can't remember what kind or size of fuse I used, Thought I had put it down in that thread, Seems like I didn't  :-X ;D

Whatever I did went in one ear and out the other.. Still works to this day so can't be that bad of a job  :y

:'(

Ill pop in maplin an ask  :-X The way i see it is i need some sort of USB to 12v with an in line fuse holder  :-\ what fuse i need i dont know so will ask in store  :y
Just want to hide the wire and dont want the fag tray open with the adaptor sticking out with wires everywhere  :y

Yep , fitted correct card and all working correct even on class 10  :)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 October 2014, 09:02:52 »

Ill pop in maplin an ask  :-X The way i see it is i need some sort of USB to 12v with an in line fuse holder  :-\ what fuse i need i dont know so will ask in store  :y
Just want to hide the wire and dont want the fag tray open with the adaptor sticking out with wires everywhere  :y

PM me your address, and I'll send you the spare converter I have. That's 12v to a male mini USB plug. The gubbins is about 1/4 the size of a matchbox and tucks inside the roof cavity easily.

omega3000

« Reply #7 on: 29 October 2014, 14:31:20 »

PM me your address, and I'll send you the spare converter I have. That's 12v to a male mini USB plug. The gubbins is about 1/4 the size of a matchbox and tucks inside the roof cavity easily.

Sent you a pm nick  :y

Maplin were not very helpful at all , came out with less of an idea . He said if i connect 12v to dash cam even with inline fuse it will blow the unit up  ??? ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.