Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repairs gone wrong, confessions!  (Read 11256 times)

05omegav6

Re: Repairs gone wrong, confessions!
« Reply #90 on: 28 October 2014, 19:18:53 »

Pushing a dead car of ramps, straight into the garage door... impressive only because it was uphill and I wasn't expecting a two ton Omega to move that far uphill ::)

Not forgetting the time I reversed Dads Sierra into the garage door post because I was paying absolutely no attention whatsoever to anything :-[ was hard enough to dent the tailgate :-X

MarkG

• Northwich, Cheshire
  • "An Omega? Been a while since I saw one of those!"
    • 2000 CD 2.5 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 28 October 2014, 21:58:40 »

In the late 80s I had an Auto Triumph Stag. On this particular occasion it was parked in my parent's garage with the engine running and with reverse selected. I had it held on the handbrake while I fiddled with some temperamental reverse lights. Fixed. Now that V8 exhaust burble is addictive, so forgetting it was still in reverse I hopped in the drivers seat leaving the door wide open and gave it a bit of a rev. Of course the car shot back smashing the drivers door on the garage pillar. In a state of confusion and blind panic I selected Drive while my foot was still on the throttle. The car shot then forward destroying the cupboard doors at the other end of the garage. I had to replace the driver door but the front end only suffered a creased up bumper.

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 29 October 2014, 09:05:41 »

Cortina engine OHC , engine change- distributor drive pin underneath that drove oil pump fell off, -Engine seized not surprisingly,

starter motor swap on cortina - spare (s/h one from loft) - original removed , original refitted, original removed, 'new' fitted - then engine started.

first and only time - went to a car mechanics course in evening- car park on leaving - timing belt on 1.6 cortina broke- transported back home - timing belt off of spare engine, 2 hours to remove pully on car - ( waiting for train to go past before hammering at midnight) -

omega - keys in ignition, after ~2 hours locked itself - 30 secs to remove small window - nearly got it back in - then broke, perspex to rescue whilst awaiting new glass

polished motorbike- seat as well, took it out, nearly fell off back of seat as it was slippery

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.