Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Tosser Trump blunders again  (Read 16302 times)

STEMO

Re: Tosser Trump blunders again
« Reply #15 on: 02 June 2020, 22:13:07 »

The protests have spread around the world.  There was a mob at the gates of Downing St a couple of days ago chanting F..k the police!  ::)

If this hot weather continues the madness will set in and the riots will start here too, especially when hundreds of thousands of people who have been having a nice time sitting around on furlough realise they don't have a job to go back to and they have to live on UC!  ::)
Rain tomorrow, so we'll all stay inside and have a nice cup of tea. :)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 June 2020, 22:27:57 »

Can’t understand the idiots playing up in our country though, we didn’t do it FFS,ITS FK ALL to do with our police. Fkg lazy barstools need to read a bit. Ignorant idiots.
Laying a rubber road.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 June 2020, 13:01:18 »

Exactly. Hands cuffed behind his back, two officers on his legs. No need whatsoever for kneeling on his neck. Apparently this cop has a long list of complaints against him. Someone should have took his badge before he caused this amount of trouble by the sound of it.
No excuse for his actions and no excuse for the violence that has followed it. It will achieve little, if anything positive.

Yep.  I totally agree. My point being this same cop probably acted exactly the same with 'powerless white people'

Not sure why everything has to be 'because we are black' :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 June 2020, 13:10:53 »

That's what I meant by constantly playing the victim.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 June 2020, 13:43:29 »

Possibly because:

• Black people are twice as likely to be shot by a police officer compared white people
  • They are roughly six times as likely to receive a custodial sentence than a white person who is convicted of the same crime
  • Where black and white convicts both receive custodial sentences, a black person receives on average a 20% longer term compared to like-for-like white offenders
  • Although I can't find any data for the US, in the uk, you're nine time less likely to be stopped and searched by police if you happen to be white vs if you are black

Put simply, the justice system is skewed by the colour of the offender, or 'institutionally racist' if you like a catchphrase. I don't condone the violence or looting that has followed the protests, but then again, if you look at the non-violent protests that have taken place over the past few years (Colin Kappernick, & other NFL players, NBA players etc) its been made very clear that the rules will be changed, goalposts moved as necessary to shut down any dissent. So, what avenues do people feel is open to them?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 June 2020, 14:01:10 »

Sorry, Jimmy, but I just don't buy this. At least not to this extent.

Stabbings in London are primarily black kids stabbing other black kids. Should they be given preferential treatment because they are black?

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 June 2020, 14:23:23 »

Yes and I do not want to appear bias, but I’m afraid if you check crime statistics you will discover that non whites are committing more crime than whites (As a ratio) so it’s perfectly logical to trust them less and check them out don’t you think? Not forgetting they are being checked but coloured officers as well as white ones.
Laying a rubber road.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 June 2020, 14:39:56 »

Most coppers want an easy life. Most prefer to sit in the patrol car and eat Mars bars rather than exert themselves. In 2020 most are so shit-scared of the race card being played they would rather arrest a white ne'er do well than a black ne'er do well. It just makes life so much easier for them.

Rotherham is an example where the police decided to 'look the other way' for an easy life

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 June 2020, 15:04:18 »

It’s getting crazy now

Brits asked to kneel on doorsteps in protest against George Floyd's death. :o
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 June 2020, 15:06:13 »

Some nice social distancing going on in central London with the black lives matter brigade.
Laying a rubber road.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03 June 2020, 15:25:30 »

Possibly because:

Black people are twice as likely to be shot by a police officer compared white people

Fact check:

In the US,

For every 10,000 black people arrested for violent crime, 3 are killed

For every 10,000 white people arrested for violent crime, 4 are killed

:y

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 June 2020, 15:29:38 »

Just seen Trump on the news standing outside a church with a Bible in his hand raised in the air,  what on earth is going on in his head ?

The church is an historic building (built at around the same time as the White House) and an attempt had been made to burn it down the previous night.

President Trump has Christian beliefs (so do I and I won't apologise for that), so holding the Bible was a symbolic gesture of his faith in troubling times.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 June 2020, 15:30:50 »

It’s getting crazy now

Brits asked to kneel on doorsteps in protest against George Floyd's death. :o

I refuse to "take the knee" for ANYONE or ANYTHING.  >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 June 2020, 15:37:45 »

Possibly because:

• Black people are twice as likely to be shot by a police officer compared white people
  • They are roughly six times as likely to receive a custodial sentence than a white person who is convicted of the same crime
  • Where black and white convicts both receive custodial sentences, a black person receives on average a 20% longer term compared to like-for-like white offenders
  • Although I can't find any data for the US, in the uk, you're nine time less likely to be stopped and searched by police if you happen to be white vs if you are black

Put simply, the justice system is skewed by the colour of the offender, or 'institutionally racist' if you like a catchphrase. I don't condone the violence or looting that has followed the protests, but then again, if you look at the non-violent protests that have taken place over the past few years (Colin Kappernick, & other NFL players, NBA players etc) its been made very clear that the rules will be changed, goalposts moved as necessary to shut down any dissent. So, what avenues do people feel is open to them?
They get more frequently stopped/searched by virtue of typical behaviour patterns. Change the behaviour, and the treatment patterns would soon change.

There was a video on YouTube a while back about an African American fire Marshall who got pulled over and endured a whole load of BS from a police officer, Baltimore or thereabouts iirc, and soon started complaining about police harassment and being another race victim...

Yes he was black, but the following 'facts' were ignored during his protestations...

1. He started driving in a provocative manner before being pulled over.
2. His Ford Crown Vic was Lowered, had 20" wheels and all the windows were tinted right upto the legal limit (they were that borderline, he actually carried a permit from the police department to confirm that they were just the right side of legal by a fraction of a measurement).
3. Because he 'knew' he was going to be pulled over as he passed the police car at about 10mph, he got straight on the high horse.
4. Without being asked, he had all his paperwork in hand, and only opened the window halfway trying to make the officer read them by the interior light and communicated with a really obnoxious attitude.

Basically most of the video was him waiting for the officer's supervisor to attend so that he could complain about being a victim because the officer made a grab for his paperwork in order to actually be able to read it and some of it got wet (it was pissing it down at the time).

Of course that was ALL because he was black, and had nothing to do with being a complete arsehole  ::)

Watching it, I was just waiting for him to pull the 'Don’t you know who I am' card ;D

Did I also mention that the officer who pulled him over was also black? So HTF that's a racially motivated stop is anyone's guess... :-X

If it's still on Netflix, Flint Town is worth a watch as an insight into policing in one of the shittier corners of the States.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 June 2020, 15:42:03 »

Possibly because:

Black people are twice as likely to be shot by a police officer compared white people

Fact check:

In the US,

For every 10,000 black people arrested for violent crime, 3 are killed

For every 10,000 white people arrested for violent crime, 4 are killed

:y
Don’t let that get in the way of a decent riot ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.