Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Tosser Trump blunders again  (Read 16312 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Tosser Trump blunders again
« Reply #30 on: 03 June 2020, 15:42:36 »

Just seen Trump on the news standing outside a church with a Bible in his hand raised in the air,  what on earth is going on in his head ?

The church is an historic building (built at around the same time as the White House) and an attempt had been made to burn it down the previous night.

President Trump has Christian beliefs (so do I and I won't apologise for that), so holding the Bible was a symbolic gesture of his faith in troubling times.

I don't believe for one minute that Trump has genuine Christian beliefs.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 June 2020, 15:44:17 »

"At least 15,000 Black Lives Matter protestors including Star Wars actor John Boyega pack into London's Hyde Park - as British police chiefs say they are 'appalled and horrified' by George Floyd's death"

Conclusions:

The lockdown doesn't apply to BLM protestors.
The British police are horrified by one cop/black murder in a far away country, but seemingly indifferent to rape/grooming in Rotherham and elsewhere.

Society is on the brink.  >:( >:(

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03 June 2020, 15:44:57 »

Just seen Trump on the news standing outside a church with a Bible in his hand raised in the air,  what on earth is going on in his head ?

The church is an historic building (built at around the same time as the White House) and an attempt had been made to burn it down the previous night.

President Trump has Christian beliefs (so do I and I won't apologise for that), so holding the Bible was a symbolic gesture of his faith in troubling times.

I don't believe for one minute that Trump has genuine Christian beliefs.

Believe what you like, Albs.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 June 2020, 15:47:48 »

Having observed the man for years, Im convinced the only things he believes in are power, money and himself. Which makes him an ideal politician. Saying you believe in Christianity, when its convenient, and living as a Christian are very different things, and very rare in modern politicians.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 June 2020, 16:10:51 »

Having observed the man for years, Im convinced the only things he believes in are power, money and himself. Which makes him an ideal politician. Saying you believe in Christianity, when its convenient, and living as a Christian are very different things, and very rare in modern politicians.

Couldn't agree more his actions on TV yesterday appeared to me that he thought he was God .😃
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03 June 2020, 16:17:42 »

Possibly because:

Black people are twice as likely to be shot by a police officer compared white people

Fact check:

In the US,

For every 10,000 black people arrested for violent crime, 3 are killed

For every 10,000 white people arrested for violent crime, 4 are killed

:y

Source? Also, that is only violent crime, which is 7% of overall crime in the US (based on 2018 data), so a very small sample size of overall police interactions no? There is a fair amount of data on overall 'officer involved shootings', an article talking about some research covering 2015-18 is Here. By definition, your data also excludes anyone who was shot/killed by the police who had done nothing wrong.

In the U.S., African Americans are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police than white people. For black women, the rate is 1.4 times more likely.

DG. I'm sure you can find plenty of examples of people crying foul, both men and women, of any colour or religion or other social grouping you choose. A good counter example would be that disgraceful dog walker in NYC the other day who made a false report to the police to try and have a bird watcher arrested because he asked her to put her dog on a lead. Singular examples don't really move the conversation forward, the numbers are pretty clear. If you're black the police are more likely to stop you, more likely to kill you once they have you and you're more likely to be locked up, for longer if you go to trial.

Sorry, Jimmy, but I just don't buy this. At least not to this extent.

That's handy, because I don't plan on selling it  ;). In all seriousness though, which bit? All the figures are backed up by statistical data - which is recent (last 5-8yrs) and what evidence there is suggests that the trend is getting worse rather than better.

Stabbings in London are primarily black kids stabbing other black kids. Should they be given preferential treatment because they are black?

While that's true for London, overall knife crime in the UK is perpetrated by white people 62% of the time and 38% by ethnic minorities (Source here ). So, if we're talking preferential treatment, we should be stopping 3 white people for every 2 ethnic minority people across the country as a whole, or 3 ethnic minority people for every 2 white people in London.

According to the Government's own figures:
between April 2018 and March 2019, there were 4 stop and searches for every 1,000 White people, compared with 38 for every 1,000 Black people

It's pretty clear who's getting the preferential treatment don't you think?

STEMO

« Reply #36 on: 03 June 2020, 16:33:20 »

It’s getting crazy now

Brits asked to kneel on doorsteps in protest against George Floyd's death. :o
Where did you see this nonsense?

STEMO

« Reply #37 on: 03 June 2020, 16:37:14 »

It’s getting crazy now

Brits asked to kneel on doorsteps in protest against George Floyd's death. :o
Where did you see this nonsense?
Ok, just found it. I think my reaction to that is  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03 June 2020, 16:38:26 »

Possibly because:

Black people are twice as likely to be shot by a police officer compared white people

Fact check:

In the US,

Source? Also, that is only violent crime, which is 7% of overall crime in the US (based on 2018 data), so a very small sample size of overall police interactions no? There is a fair amount of data on overall 'officer involved shootings', an article talking about some research covering 2015-18 is Here. By definition, your data also excludes anyone who was shot/killed by the police who had done nothing wrong.

In the U.S., African Americans are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police than white people. For black women, the rate is 1.4 times more likely.

DG. I'm sure you can find plenty of examples of people crying foul, both men and women, of any colour or religion or other social grouping you choose. A good counter example would be that disgraceful dog walker in NYC the other day who made a false report to the police to try and have a bird watcher arrested because he asked her to put her dog on a lead. Singular examples don't really move the conversation forward, the numbers are pretty clear. If you're black the police are more likely to stop you, more likely to kill you once they have you and you're more likely to be locked up, for longer if you go to trial.

That's handy, because I don't plan on selling it  ;). In all seriousness though, which bit? All the figures are backed up by statistical data - which is recent (last 5-8yrs) and what evidence there is suggests that the trend is getting worse rather than better.

Stabbings in London are primarily black kids stabbing other black kids. Should they be given preferential treatment because they are black?

While that's true for London, overall knife crime in the UK is perpetrated by white people 62% of the time and 38% by ethnic minorities (Source here ). So, if we're talking preferential treatment, we should be stopping 3 white people for every 2 ethnic minority people across the country as a whole, or 3 ethnic minority people for every 2 white people in London.

between April 2018 and March 2019, there were 4 stop and searches for every 1,000 White people, compared with 38 for every 1,000 Black people[/highlight]

It's pretty clear who's getting the preferential treatment don't you think?[/highlight]

Perhaps to be fair the police should target the same number of 75 year old grannies as 18-24 year old black youths.

Do you think the reason the police target more black youths in London is because experience has shown that they are more likely to carry a weapon? :)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03 June 2020, 16:56:17 »

Possibly because:

Fact check:

In the US,

between April 2018 and March 2019, there were 4 stop and searches for every 1,000 White people, compared with 38 for every 1,000 Black people

It's pretty clear who's getting the preferential treatment don't you think?

People shot to death by US police, 2017-2020 clearly shows that, in each year, more whites have been shot than black.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03 June 2020, 17:10:20 »

I saw some of that video on Twitter...

Her dog was off the lead in an area of Central Park where it should have been under physical control.

Her reaction was utterly ridiculous and hopefully she has been educated by NYPD into her behaviour.

Had you or I confronted her, you can be sure that instead of calling the Police, she would probably have told us to opps off with some snotty comment about minding our own business.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03 June 2020, 17:48:11 »

What did I say earlier?  :o  ::)

https://twitter.com/skymarkwhite/status/1268217398861193223

It's all kicking off.....
« Last Edit: 03 June 2020, 17:54:56 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03 June 2020, 18:05:16 »

I wonder how many black and white (or other colour) people will die due to Covid 19 with these protests about a single person dying  ::)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03 June 2020, 18:21:27 »

People shot to death by US police, 2017-2020 clearly shows that, in each year, more whites have been shot than black.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Ok, but I'm not sure how that's relevant in and of itself, what matters is the chance of a person in a particular ethnic group being shot. The US population is 72% white, and only 12% black (source: 2010 census data - the most recent census available). So, if all races were affected equally by police shootings, you would have expected that for the 370 white deaths in 2019 there would be 370 / 0.72 x 0.12 = 62 black deaths compared to the 235 there actually were. Or to put it another way, for the 235 black people shot, there should have been 1410 white people shot.

Do you think the reason the police target more black youths in London is because experience has shown that they are more likely to carry a weapon? :)
I think if you stop nine times as many white people as black people, you would be more likely to find more knives or illegal substances on the nine than the one. 

Perhaps to be fair the police should target the same number of 75 year old grannies as 18-24 year old black youths.
FWIW I think they should follow the evidence and stop relevant groups proportionately to the risk they pose. So, in London for example, two thirds of knife crime perpetrators are black, meaning that one third aren't, so why are they only stopping one in 10 non-black people when they account for one third of the criminals they claim to be looking for?

Also, its likely that the real figure is going to be less than two thirds in London (or 38% nationally), because, as above, if they looked at more non-black people, they would find more knives being carried by them.

STEMO

« Reply #44 on: 03 June 2020, 18:31:13 »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.