Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Tosser Trump blunders again  (Read 16301 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: Tosser Trump blunders again
« Reply #75 on: 04 June 2020, 11:24:18 »

That looked like a peaceful protest ::)
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 04 June 2020, 11:35:32 »

If I were a shop keeper there, I would have a couple of mates over and be shooting anyone who didn't use the door  >:(

Act like vermin, get treated like vermin :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #77 on: 04 June 2020, 12:26:34 »

You know , I had great sympathy for the initial victim and could understand the desire for some form of equality of treatment and justice .
I sided with the peaceful demonstrators until I seen this ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbxTqyW8yI0&t=417s
It's a long tape but well worth watching .
I'm sure if this and similar footage was shown on TV it would change peoples opinions too.
Demonstrate yes , destroy ... Uh ,no .

There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy and these guys have missed eight of them .
It might change people's opinion about black lives matter, but it shouldn't. Lots going on there, none of it, I would suggest, connected to the original protest.
Groups of people who started off protesting about police brutality but saw an opportunity. Groups of people who knew that opportunity would exist and came out solely for that purpose. Groups of people who came out to cause maximum damage in the hope that the carnage would be associated with the black lives matter movement.
All of this is nothing new. Almost every protest we've had in London recently, poll tax, student fees, has turned violent. Some of it due to the original protesters, but most of it due to the people who either see a political opportunity, or just a chance to loot.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 04 June 2020, 17:14:41 »

Yes^^^
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 04 June 2020, 17:21:44 »

Anarchists will always be with us I'm afraid >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 04 June 2020, 17:22:02 »

I like The Donald, but there are times even I despair...

He has absolutely no place suggesting the the state of mind of the officer who, from the footage, calmly knelt on the neck of George Floyd.

The only thing in that situation that 'snapped' were the cameras filming it.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 04 June 2020, 17:34:57 »

What seems incredible to me is that none of the other Officers present seemed to make any attempts to get the Officer kneeling on the victims neck to release the pressure, they must have realised that the restraint was being filmed & that ultimately they would be facing charges. Having been involved in several restraints over the past 22 years I have never seen anything like that in all my experiences, he is a total disgrace to the US Police Service , if he has any sense he should end his life before being incarcerated as it will be a very unpleasant experience for him behind bars .
« Last Edit: 04 June 2020, 17:44:54 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 04 June 2020, 18:11:09 »

What seems incredible to me is that none of the other Officers present seemed to make any attempts to get the Officer kneeling on the victims neck to release the pressure, they must have realised that the restraint was being filmed & that ultimately they would be facing charges. Having been involved in several restraints over the past 22 years I have never seen anything like that in all my experiences, he is a total disgrace to the US Police Service , if he has any sense he should end his life before being incarcerated as it will be a very unpleasant experience for him behind bars .
He's been charged with second degree murder, and the other three charged with aiding and abetting a murderer, so justice is going to be served.

Unfortunately, due process seems to have lost its place in the soundbite world :-\

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 04 June 2020, 18:36:28 »

are they charging the people who stood filming it too  ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 04 June 2020, 19:38:09 »

are they charging the people who stood filming it too  ::)

They have nothing to be charged for Dave.

Would you start to argue with four armed US police officers who are well keyed up to make their arrest at any cost? ;)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 04 June 2020, 21:21:58 »

You are right Lizz , B0#locks to that!!
Laying a rubber road.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 05 June 2020, 00:27:01 »

Unfortunately, due process seems to have lost its place in the soundbite world :-\

Also, history has taught the American people that 'due process' is far from colour blind. Particularly when the defendant was dressed in blue.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 05 June 2020, 01:52:18 »

Perhaps, but that's partly due to the way the States are structured.

For example, Sheriffs and Police Chiefs are usually elected, and whereas our council taxes fund various services including police, fire and bin men etc, the bulk of funding comes from central government, in the States, this isn't quite the same... The funding is all locally raised from taxes, fines and donations.

In a small town it is pretty easy to buy influence, and even in wealthier, larger communities the same holds true. Companies and wealthy individuals have an enormous amount of influence over how areas/districts are policed.

I keep coming back to it, but Flint Town covers both the politics and issues of policing in Flint, Michigan... A predominantly poor, black formerly industrial city with high unemployment and a minority of very wealthy people/areas nearby. The city had a real issue with polluted drinking water for the poor areas whist GM got clean water for one its paint plants... (Michael Moore produced a very good documentary about it, but Flint is his home town, so he's quite biased, but currently on Netflix is https://www.netflix.com/title/81121185? s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp
Flint Town was filmed at the height of this situation.

Also, there's a four parter on Netflix about Jeffrey Epstein... When he bought his villa in Palm Beach, he walked into Palm Beach PD and handed over $100k as a donation to the department. No coincidence that it took nearly ten years to bring a case against him. And whilst this is about his behaviour, it does provide an insight into how screwed up the system is.

The following links are reasoned discussions about how this are seen by decent Americans... None are politically or media biased and are not in order of priority...

1. https://youtu.be/sjgFAv03VvM (3months ago, Anthony Oneal plus panel)

2. https://youtu.be/gc9Baz0bRz8 (a year ago, Anthony Oneal)

3. https://youtu.be/3CYKImb5JSo (June 1st, Dave Ramsey Show. Dave Ramsey/John Deloney/Anthony Oneal)

4. https://youtu.be/fMhIDKxz0nI (June 4th, Don’t tell mom Vlog, a brother and sister from Birmingham, AL.)

5. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CA30FeQDj-B/?igshid=274uazfobbtg (May 29th, Anthony Oneal)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 05 June 2020, 02:12:49 »

Correction, the GM plant is actually an engine plant.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 05 June 2020, 12:11:45 »

Looking at the "overall" picture, it has been said (although there appears to be little actual proof) that less than 0.5% of the population can be described as "extremist/radical" from any/all sections of the community (black/far right/islamic/whatever) .....

Problem is ... the population of the USA is around 328,000,000 ... that indicates that in the USA alone there are some 1,500,000 (ish) "extremists/radicals"  ....

There is no way that so many folks can be "controlled" by the forces of "Law & Order" .. or the military come to that ....  just imagine trying to arrest/lock up/detain/prosecute that many folks ... simply not possible .....

Then add the fact that they can, and do, all carry guns - legally -  so those "forces" assume that they will be attacked on each and every occasion, and the potential for conflict is easily seen .... add racial stereotyping and the problem just escalates.

Then get the frightened (for their seats,way of life not their actual lives .. they are fully protected from reality) white politicians sticking their oar in and demanding that force will overcome all problems  and the situation beconmes explosive ....

If anyone is under any doubt that the problem is real, and caused by white politicians .. just read/research the following 3 aspects of USA history:

Jim Crow Laws -   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws

https://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/what.htm#:~:text=Jim%20Crow%20was%20the%20name,was%20a%20way%20of%20life.

The Redeemers - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redeemers

The Compromise of 1877 -  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compromise_of_1877
« Last Edit: 05 June 2020, 12:18:13 by Entwood »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.