Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: auto gearbox not powerful when cold  (Read 9055 times)

feeutfo

Re: auto gearbox not powerful when cold
« Reply #30 on: 07 December 2011, 10:40:37 »

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0700

Code not specific enough to be of help. Suprises me that the 2.2 power putput causes the auto box problems, and always wonder if there are any engine codes as well, because a faulty crank sensor is known to upset the autobox with that engine.... Or if the automatic transmission fluid was ever changed during the cars life...?

Suspect the ecu has detected slipping or loss of drive. If the fluid is at the correct level with engine running there is little to be done to repair it other than relpace with a known good one.

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 December 2011, 11:30:14 »

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0700

Code not specific enough to be of help. Suprises me that the 2.2 power putput causes the auto box problems, and always wonder if there are any engine codes as well, because a faulty crank sensor is known to upset the autobox with that engine.... Or if the automatic transmission fluid was ever changed during the cars life...?

Suspect the ecu has detected slipping or loss of drive. If the fluid is at the correct level with engine running there is little to be done to repair it other than relpace with a known good one.

no sure if oil was ever change: I bought this vehicle almost 2 yrs ago. and the probs has been there since, and the funny part of it is that at times it will drive normally and 4 me to find a quick solution, several times whenever it cud go in this condition and I stop and turn the engine off for few seconds, then restart the engine the car would drive normal, and up to now its like that. thax 4 ur effort sir.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 December 2011, 12:25:36 »

So far we have an engine ECU code that indicates a request from the gearbox controller to go into limp-home. This indicates that the gearbox ECU has raised an error so the next step is to check the gearbox ECU codes, as I'm sure these will be more specific and may, for example, point to an electrical issue in the wiring to the gearbox.

Meanwhile, a check / change of the auto gearbox fluid would do no harm.

In addition, go through all positions of the auto gearbox selector and make sure that the corresponding lights on the centre console light up cleanly and without flickering between positions. A common problem is that the selector switch gets dodgy and then the auto gearbox ECU gets confused and goes into limp home.

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

albitz

« Reply #33 on: 07 December 2011, 13:55:19 »

Im hoping to go and have a look Saturday Kevin to see if I can help in some way. I believe O**** should be able to retrieve more detailed info from the Trans. ECU ?  :-\
Im thinking - plug in reader,see what it says.depending on info - check ATF level/condition,check electrical connections to gearbox.
Possibility of cam sensor or MAF problems upsetting gearbox ?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07 December 2011, 17:25:02 »

Sounds like a plan... :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

albitz

« Reply #35 on: 10 December 2011, 20:30:41 »

Paid a flying visit to the OP today.Time was short,light was starting to fade and it was cold,but read the codes from engine and box and removed the powersounder as it was doing me ead in.Smashed it up inTescos car park and chucked it in their bin.

Engine codes which came up were as follows -
PO700- EOBD - stored by Transmission control module.
P0136 - o2 sensor high voltage. Not present.
p0170- lean exhaust - present.
p0141 - o2 sensor heater open circuit - present.
P0340 - cam circuit no signal - not present.
p1700 - SVS request via CAN - not present.
p1405 - feedback sensor EGR - not present.
p0036 - o2 sensor heater circuit range/performance bank1 sensor 2.present.
p0304 - cyl4 misfire detected - not present.

Cleared codes, then read them again and had -
p0700 present
p0141 - present
p0304 - present
p1700 - present.

Then read gearbox codes -
p0727 - can recieves error - not present
p1781 unknown DTC - not present
p1740 - unknown DTC - present.

Ran out of time and light at this point.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Guessing a new Lamda sensor may clear some of these codes,but doubt its related to the problem as originally posted. :-\
« Last Edit: 10 December 2011, 20:33:20 by Albs »

feeutfo

« Reply #36 on: 10 December 2011, 21:07:43 »

Paid a flying visit to the OP today.Time was short,light was starting to fade and it was cold,but read the codes from engine and box and removed the powersounder as it was doing me ead in.Smashed it up inTescos car park and chucked it in their bin.

P0340 - cam circuit no signal - not present.p1700 - SVS request via CAN - not present.

p0700 present
p0141 - present
p0304 - present
p1700 - present.

p1781 unknown DTC - not presentp1740 - unknown DTC - present.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Guessing a new Lamda sensor may clear some of these codes,but doubt its related to the problem as originally posted. :-\
known to upset autobox on 2.2.
see what others say, but i'd start there i think.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10 December 2011, 21:08:37 »

p0700 present
p0141 - present
p0304 - present
p1700 - present.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Although it`s showing as not present, cam sensor will throw that code
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10 December 2011, 21:33:58 »

p0700 present
p0141 - present
p0304 - present
p1700 - present.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

:) I've seen good and helpful people in life but I was really surprise the way ALBS HELPED ME. HE SPENT HIS GAS THUS MONEY, TIME, THUS ALSO MONEY, HIS EQUIPMENT ALL COST MONEY, WHAT A SACRIFICE FOR SOMEONE WHO HE JUST MET ON THE FORUM. MR ALBS IS INDEED A GUD MAN, ONE IN A 1000, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO NREPAY HIM. MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU SIR. GIBBY

albitz

« Reply #39 on: 10 December 2011, 21:41:10 »

Not a problem Gibby.Happy to try to help.Thats what the forum is for. :y
The part which you mentioned you had purchased sounds like a cam sensor to me. Might be worth changing that to see what improvement it makes.As you know I was short of time today (between night shifts and wifey - whom isnt very well at the moment - was in tescos shopping) but I will try to make some time as soon as possible to spend some more time trying to help get it sorted.
Hopefully that will be within the next week. :y

Meanwhile - any more suggestions from thos who are more knowledgeable than me are more than welcome.

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10 December 2011, 21:45:37 »

I can't help in any way, but Albs - great service mate - wish I had the means to be able to do it myself. Well done  :y :y :y

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10 December 2011, 22:16:28 »

Not a problem Gibby.Happy to try to help.Thats what the forum is for. :y
The part which you mentioned you had purchased sounds like a cam sensor to me. Might be worth changing that to see what improvement it makes.As you know I was short of time today (between night shifts and wifey - whom isnt very well at the moment - was in tescos shopping) but I will try to make some time as soon as possible to spend some more time trying to help get it sorted.
Hopefully that will be within the next week. :y

Meanwhile - any more suggestions from thos who are more knowledgeable than me are more than welcome.
I really appreciate that sir, God bless u.

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11 December 2011, 17:27:42 »

Im hoping to go and have a look Saturday Kevin to see if I can help in some way. I believe O**** should be able to retrieve more detailed info from the Trans. ECU ?  :-\
Im thinking - plug in reader,see what it says.depending on info - check ATF level/condition,check electrical connections to gearbox.
Possibility of cam sensor or MAF problems upsetting gearbox ?

Hello sir, hope ur ok. today as I was driving to chelmsford to attend church, the SPEED BIRD's engine just went off without any warning. tried to restart but just cranking. rang the recovery, he came tried to scan it but the two scanners were not compartible to omega, I new they cud not becoz they were the ones I saw on amazon going at £15 or so. he just took it home and said find a garage which can scan it. I checked the timing belt but it was in its place. thus what happened tuday, thax gibby.

albitz

« Reply #43 on: 11 December 2011, 17:55:02 »

Hard to tell why it would suddenly stop and refuse to restart. :-\ Hopefully some others will be able to offer opinions on possible causes. I will come back and have a look/ read the codes again/help if possible as soon as I possibly can. At the moment,the first possible day would be Wednesday.although that is dependant on Christmas shopping plans etc. - havent started yet. :y

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11 December 2011, 20:03:39 »

p1740 - i think that relates to the torque convertor or the control of it for lockup if that helps....
i didnt bother reading the previous posts again but was the fluid changed and the correct level?
i've emptied some fluid out of my autobox the other day and when properly hot and run in all gears properly (4th in perticular) i sometimes get a "check - low fluid level" on the mid so im topping up or completly changing the gearbox fluid this next week to see if it stops it going into limp mode - it now only happens when cold and either it kicks down or when you load it up too much like hard acceleration

HTH
alex
V8!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.