Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fake Address  (Read 3021 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Fake Address
« on: 01 June 2020, 13:17:19 »

So the bloke who hit my Mondeo at Tesco yesterday has given me a fake address...  ::)

I guess there must have been witness's which is why he went to customer services and got them to call me out on the tannoy, so he could be seen to be doing the right thing.  :-\

The west London address he gave doesn't exist.  The postcode is for an industrial park and there is no road in the area with the same name, although there is a road with a similar name and postcode. :-\

He seemed like a decent chap and said he didn't want to go through insurance and said that he would pay for the damage to be repaired and at the time I didn't really consider that he didn't have insurance. You never know though....  ::)

The damage to my car is minimal and now I've cleaned it up, I have to look hard to see it so I'm not that bothered to be honest. 

It's just strange and a reminder that often the people who you think are decent can turn out to be scumbags!  >:(

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Fake Address
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2020, 13:31:26 »

So the bloke who hit my Mondeo at Tesco yesterday has given me a fake address...  ::)

I guess there must have been witness's which is why he went to customer services and got them to call me out on the tannoy, so he could be seen to be doing the right thing.  :-\

The west London address he gave doesn't exist.  The postcode is for an industrial park and there is no road in the area with the same name, although there is a road with a similar name and postcode. :-\

He seemed like a decent chap and said he didn't want to go through insurance and said that he would pay for the damage to be repaired and at the time I didn't really consider that he didn't have insurance. You never know though....  ::)

The damage to my car is minimal and now I've cleaned it up, I have to look hard to see it so I'm not that bothered to be honest. 

It's just strange and a reminder that often the people who you think are decent can turn out to be scumbags!  >:(

I wonder if he actually has insurance.

Find out where he lives and send some 'big lads' round to have a chat with him. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2020, 13:41:50 »

Find out where he lives and send some 'big lads' round to have a chat with him. :)

I wonder....

I have the reg number of his BMW so I could track him down I guess.  :-\

Who is he? and what was he doing in Devon?  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2020, 13:51:20 »

I wonder....

I have the reg number of his BMW so I could track him down I guess.  :-\

Who is he? and what was he doing in Devon?  :D

Mention whats happened to the Police, although they won't be interested in the incident they may not like that he has misled you, they can find who he is from the reg
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2020, 14:35:24 »

He may have 'borrowed' the car.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2020, 14:42:12 »

you can check the car's insurance status
https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/
and the mot and VED on .GOV

what a scumbag he is doesn't need checking   :(

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2020, 15:02:54 »

Strictly, it's against the law to check the insurance on any car other than your own. That's why it says 'ownvehicle'.
Not that it's ever stopped some people who I cannot name  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 June 2020, 15:03:27 »

It's just strange and a reminder that often the people who you think are decent can turn out to be scumbags! >:(

That's the way that con artists and scammers work i'm afraid. Come across as as decent person to gain your trust purely to get their grubby hands on your assets. Saudis have the right idea for these vermin.  >:( Rant over. :D

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2020, 15:06:40 »

It's just strange and a reminder that often the people who you think are decent can turn out to be scumbags! >:(

That's the way that con artists and scammers work i'm afraid. Come across as as decent person to gain your trust purely to get their grubby hands on your assets. Saudis have the right idea for these vermin.  >:( Rant over. :D
Steady on, Ronny, you'll be supporting hanging next. ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 June 2020, 15:21:55 »

Steady on, Ronny, you'll be supporting hanging next. ;D
Nothing as barbaric as that. Cat o'nine tails though, that would be a good deterrent.  ;)

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 June 2020, 15:27:17 »

Might take six <=> twelve months to get the RK details from Plod.

You could complete form V888 and send to DVLA. There's a fee, looks like £2.50. That gets you the RK details.

You can get the details of the other parties insurance here, if the vehicle is insured. There's a fee of £4.50. The basic AskMid free check only tells you if there is any insurance on the vehicle.

"The date of the accident and the registration details of the other vehicle are required to search on askMID. If the registration is found on the MID, you will receive on screen the insurance details: policy number, name of insurer and the claims contact details to help you progress a claim."
« Last Edit: 01 June 2020, 15:33:56 by Enceladus »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 June 2020, 15:29:16 »

Strictly, it's against the law to check the insurance on any car other than your own. That's why it says 'ownvehicle'.
Only without good reason  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 01 June 2020, 15:32:07 »

Only without good reason  ;)
No.

I am entitled to the insurance information about the vehicle detailed above for one or more of the following reasons: It is either registered/ owned/ insured by me or my employer; I am permitted to drive it; I am an Insurance Broker or agent and acting on behalf of my client.

I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without any of the above reasonable causes. If I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring this information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 170 of the Data Protection Act 2018. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any purposes unrelated to this enquiry.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 June 2020, 15:35:25 »

Are they not good reasons then?
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 01 June 2020, 15:44:33 »

Are they not good reasons then?
Totally different to what you suggested. No good for Sir Tigger.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.