Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Killer robots. Serious issue  (Read 1399 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Killer robots. Serious issue
« Reply #15 on: 03 December 2013, 09:27:35 »

Here is a link to the moral/legal issues

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/A-View-from-the-United-Nations-/killer-robots-and-the-rul_b_3599657.html

I sort of find it fascinating just what kinds of things are being dreamt up. It doesn't take a genius to realise that the military have been keeping pace with technological developments that we all see and use.

One I particularly liked was a robot that could jump over a high perimeter fence from a standstill.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 03 December 2013, 09:39:29 »

On the one hand, it could save alot of lives... but only if you had official war zones such as the Gobi desert or Greenland, say an area 100miles squared where remote armies could be let loose to slug things out... it needs a revolution of thought/diplomatic procedure to be viable though.

Where it becomes a moral issue is the use of such kit in a traditional war theatres  amongst the general populus... using drones to deliver weapons is borderline, and about as far as I would like to see this go... :-\

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 December 2013, 14:51:52 »

It will be a whole new sport for rednecks in the US. Cooter on his verandah in a rocking chair with a shotgun.  ::) ::) :o :o :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"No sh|t, I bagged me 4 today with this trusty gun, what coons, turkeys, elk? No drones." "Bang there goes another one."  ;D ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 03 December 2013, 16:10:24 »

Damn Yankees get everywhere ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.