Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloody insurers  (Read 539 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Bloody insurers
« on: 03 December 2013, 13:28:36 »

Until the other year, my building's insurance was included with my mortgage (Bradford & Bingley) but since their takeover by Santander has become a separate item. Its renewal came through the door yesterday ...... ?504 for the year  ??? Confused.com came up with prices from ?90-odd to ?300+a few quid! The best that my current insurers could do (the very last one in the list alphabetically  ;)) was knock 10% off  ;D

The tw4ts wouldn't cancel the continuous renewal until they'd spoken to us both!  >:(  >:(  >:(

where do my GBP signs go to .......
« Last Edit: 03 December 2013, 13:34:32 by Andy B »

05omegav6

Re: Bloody insurers
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2013, 13:31:03 »

That tells you everything you need to know about Santander :'(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2013, 13:35:40 »

What I forgot to post was that I took out a policy with another well known name in insurers for just under GBP100  :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2013, 16:02:42 »

Stopped using banks for house insurance over 20 years ago when Margaret Thatcher stopped the company used being compulsorily tied to your mortgage and a nameless bank something along the lines of twitwest quadrupled my house insurance quote where the insurance company had suffered big losses elsewhere. Rarely will a bank offer anything better than very poor value for money IME.

Personally, I think the difficulty in ending auto-renewal car/house/etc insurance is something that the FCA should act on with firm guidelines as some poor insurance companies exploit this. I had a problem with a big insurer along the lines of liedential who just kept ignoring my cancellation requests and then threatened to take me to court after I cancelled the DD, to which I replied, yes please, so I can expose your shoddy tactics. I never heard anything more after that.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2013, 17:17:56 »

Been there done that when they were abbey national...never..never..ever again...i.m.o...rip off merchants. :P :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.