Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: missing a £  (Read 1798 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
missing a £
« on: 04 March 2019, 21:08:15 »

its not often i know to an exact penny that i have any idea what my bank balance is, checked it out & their is a pound difference in whats in & whats available. not a big deal but Iv,e never used a bank card for a quid. put £50 in the tank at tesco,s do they charge for using a card at the pumps ?

STEMO

Re: missing a £
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2019, 22:12:51 »

Petrol pumps take a token payment of £1, just to check that your card is valid, the rest, in your case £49, will come out in a couple of days. It's the only way it can work, as they don't know in advance how much fuel you will take.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2019, 08:43:51 »

I seem to recall that one of the big supermarkets trialled pre-authorising £99, about a year ago. Your available funds went down by £99 for several days pending confirmation of the proper amount, in your case £50. There were loads of complaints and bad press.
« Last Edit: 05 March 2019, 08:57:58 by Enceladus »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2019, 09:05:05 »

The local Morrisons pay at pump rejects my card every time.  ::)

Then my rear tyres tend to reject their rubber all over the forecourt. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 March 2019, 09:29:38 »

I prefer to go to the kiosk, assuming there is one, and pay the attendant. Help keeps somebody in a job.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2019, 14:35:15 »

I prefer to go to the kiosk, assuming there is one, and pay the attendant. Help keeps somebody in a job.
Also makes the Shoplifting much easier

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 05 March 2019, 14:38:38 »

Not many supermarkets with kiosks now.

Which makes the sign on the pumps at Asda a bit redundant. 'If you have any problems, please contact a member of staff '. How? Telepathy?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 March 2019, 16:36:37 »

Which makes the sign on the pumps at Asda a bit redundant. 'If you have any problems, please contact a member of staff '. How? Telepathy?

I'm sure smoke signals would get their attention. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 March 2019, 18:05:30 »

I can't think of a Tesco forecourt that's NOT manned ...  :-\ apart from out of hours.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 March 2019, 23:12:47 »

Petrol pumps take a token payment of £1, just to check that your card is valid, the rest, in your case £49, will come out in a couple of days. It's the only way it can work, as they don't know in advance how much fuel you will take.
thats what it must of been as its been put right now. i usually avoid tescos fuel but the chance to top up when travelling from clifton moor york to thirsk is short of places to fill up.

aaronjb

« Reply #10 on: 06 March 2019, 16:21:21 »

thats what it must of been as its been put right now. i usually avoid tescos fuel but the chance to top up when travelling from clifton moor york to thirsk is short of places to fill up.

It was short of places to fill up when I was doing that in the mid 90s .. I bet it's utterly devoid, now!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 March 2019, 17:21:42 »

I seem to recall that one of the big supermarkets trialled pre-authorising £99, about a year ago. Your available funds went down by £99 for several days pending confirmation of the proper amount, in your case £50. There were loads of complaints and bad press.
Depends on the card type.  Pre-pay cards in particular get charged initially at the higher rate. My standard credit/debit cards don't.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.