Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Terror threat  (Read 7656 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Terror threat
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2006, 14:19:09 »

Well he should stick to what hes good at......which doesn't include running a depertment.....which is why he doesn't have one any more, bet he didn't get a pay cut though!
He cannot afford a pay cut - we all know how much it costs to fill an Omega with fuel. Imagine how much a pair of Jags are....
Grumpy old man

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 August 2006, 14:22:00 »

Well he should stick to what hes good at......which doesn't include running a depertment.....which is why he doesn't have one any more, bet he didn't get a pay cut though!
He cannot afford a pay cut - we all know how much it costs to fill an Omega with fuel. Imagine how much a pair of Jags are....

Probably not as much as a pair of women ;D ;D
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 August 2006, 14:23:02 »

Probably not as much as a pair of women ;D ;D

pmsl  ;D  ;D  ;D

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 August 2006, 15:49:21 »

the media are here to tell a story, and along the way that story may become 'embellished' a touch, but i think the truth is there were people out there who were planning such attacks. What concerns me more is how many other groups are there who are trying the same thing?

As for leaks, some are leaks for the sake of letting the news out without having to publically announce it (ie documents that have been found to have been leaked by a government official) and there are those that are leaked for either money (the press pay well for news scoops) or because the person who has leaked it has done so because it is something they do not believe in and so cannot condone, buy doing this they see that as some form of repentance.

As for the whole Blair/Bush thing, we have been in the US's pockets since WW2 it is just getting to the point where we now seem to be another US state and the prime minister is nothing more that a glorified puppet who answers to the white house, not the people of england...... >:(

I'll get off me soap box now and get my coat i think :-[

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 August 2006, 17:52:49 »

Going back to the terror threat -

Well around 3,500 people die on Uk roads every year. Do we drive less because of that? Do we consider banning cars altogether?

No to the first, and no to the second.

The first is the numbers game - I never win the lottery, why should I be one on the plain that crash...?

The second is the price. Having no vehicles on UK roads (other than, say, emergency vehicles) will cripple the economy, price to high pay.

So we live with 3,500 deaths a year. Hey, that's life. And we fly. And go in the underground.

Life goes on...

Alas, no more Omegas....

TheOutcast

« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2006, 18:06:03 »

Well around 3,500 people die on Uk roads every year. Do we drive less because of that? Do we consider banning cars altogether?

The first is the numbers game - I never win the lottery, why should I be one on the plain that crash...?

The second is the price. Having no vehicles on UK roads (other than, say, emergency vehicles) will cripple the economy, price to high pay.

So we live with 3,500 deaths a year. Hey, that's life. And we fly. And go in the underground.

Life goes on...

I'll drink to that. [smiley=beer.gif]
But not while I'm driving of course. [smiley=engel017.gif]

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 August 2006, 19:19:19 »

Life goes on...

While I agree in some of what you're saying, it doesn't get away from the fact that the perpetrators of these atrocities are scumbags of the earth and should be terminated!! >:(
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 August 2006, 22:18:35 »

Bl***y hell, just seen Johnie 2 s***s on telly, they must have had him on charge overnight  [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
I like red cars

TheOutcast

« Reply #23 on: 11 August 2006, 22:25:57 »

Bl***y hell, just seen Johnie 2 s***s on telly, they must have had him on charge overnight  [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
Yeh, he seemed almost inteligent. Do you think it was a puppet? I couldn't see any strings. [smiley=grin.gif]

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 August 2006, 22:30:12 »

Yeh, he seemed almost inteligent. Do you think it was a puppet? I couldn't see any strings. [smiley=grin.gif]

Inteligent? Please don't insult the man :-?
I like red cars

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11 August 2006, 22:30:29 »

No,  they were waving a plate of pies at the fa% %$£**%, "say these words John and you can eat these while looking up the skirt of the newsreader!"

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 August 2006, 22:40:31 »

i found him to be patronising and moronic whist on TV.

His body language spoke different to his words and when he spoke there was no conviction there.....

Sorry i am a compulsive people watcher, it's part of the job

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 August 2006, 01:19:35 »

Life goes on...

While I agree in some of what you're saying, it doesn't get away from the fact that the perpetrators of these atrocities are scumbags of the earth and should be terminated!! >:(

Well I think the similarity continues. Yes you should exterminate the terrorists, just as you should never have a let-up in the battle against road deaths. You should aim to achieve 100% success on both counts.

So yes, fight it with all your might but realistically you know that you can't stop every single drunk driver from getting behind the wheel just as you can't stop every half-wit nutter with a grudge around the world.

Alas, no more Omegas....

omega22

• Turriff, Aberdeenshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 August 2006, 01:45:43 »

Let's all holiday at Butlins, use video conferencing, stop flying everywhere and save the planet at the same time.

Redeye

• Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 August 2006, 08:14:17 »

What surprised me was the police made 24 arrests all over London and the SE and yet there were no reports of gunfights or massive struggles and yet these were supposedly desperate men about to commit mass murder, you'd have thought they would have put up a fight! It doesn't seem right, something strange about it to me, it went too smooth.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.