Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error code 0100  (Read 890 times)

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
Error code 0100
« on: 11 December 2008, 21:36:15 »

I had an issue with my MAF sensor, which was indicated by 0170 and 0173 and a high "long term fuel trim".

I changed my MAF sensor, and the EML light cleared of its own accord. I did not clear the DTC codes with a Tech2 so they are still stored historically.

I have driven the car with no EML light for about 500 miles now and there have been no problems until about half an hour ago when teh EML light came back on. >:(

I have just done the pedal diagnosis and teh codes 0100, 0170 & 0173 have come up.

I assume that the latter 2 codes are the historical codes from the previous problem.

I have looked up the first code, 0100, up on the OOF's "Technical Information" section and have seen this:

P0100 Mass or volume air flow circuit high input
P0100 Mass or volume air flow circuit low input
P0100 Mass or volume air flow circuit range/performanceProblem

Bugger!

What now?

Kevin?

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
Re: Error code 0100
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2008, 23:08:41 »

try a cable tie arounrd the maf were the plug goes in !  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2008, 00:16:34 »

Oh, dear.  :'(

No air leaks, etc.?

MAF still connected securely?

I wonder if that new MAF has died? Or maybe it wasn't the problem in the first place?

It would be really good if you could get hold of an ELM327 diagnostic cable, IMHO. Then you could have a look at the live data that these devices can read and remote disgnostics would be a bit easier.

It needs a look at the live data and compare with a "known good" car to get to the bottom of what's going on, IMHO.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2008, 06:50:38 »

Kevin, The behaviour since changing the MAF is so much better now and there is no recurrence of 0170 & 0173 that I personally think that the MAF was the original problem and that the new MAF is fine overall.

One of the clips on the plug going into the MAF is broken. This means that the connection is not so good.

That must be it I reckon. I'll repair and seal that, then I'll get the DTC codes cleared.

I have just decided that I'm getting an OBD2 reader (Cheapo Tech2) for Christmas.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2008, 09:43:48 »

Kevin, The behaviour since changing the MAF is so much better now and there is no recurrence of 0170 & 0173 that I personally think that the MAF was the original problem and that the new MAF is fine overall.

One of the clips on the plug going into the MAF is broken. This means that the connection is not so good.

That must be it I reckon. I'll repair and seal that, then I'll get the DTC codes cleared.

I have just decided that I'm getting an OBD2 reader (Cheapo Tech2) for Christmas.

Sorry. Misunderstood. I thought 0170 & 0173 were recurring as well I guess you don't know if they are current?

A cheapo Tech 2 and OBD2 reader are subtly different things. A cheapo Tech 2 will work on most Omegas and make a poor attempt to read and perhaps reset trouble codes at best. They will communicate with a couple of ECUs, IME. Engine, TC/ABS, Airbags, etc.

An OBD2 reader / cable will reliably read, reset codes, read live data, etc. from the engine ECU only, and only on the later DBW cars.

An OBD2 cable is probably the weapon of choice for your particular problems because you need live data, but a cheapo Tech 2 might come in handy for diagnosing other systems in the car.

I have an ELM 327 based OBD2 USB cable which looks identical to Ebay item 200282249998, although I don't recall from whom I bought it, and it's a great bit of kit. Nicely made and solidly reliable. Works on any Laptop, no "real serial port" required, etc.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2008, 09:59:51 »

try a cable tie arounrd the maf were the plug goes in !  :y

Done that on the Estate - worked for me! :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 December 2008, 09:53:01 »

EML cleared of its own accord the next morning.

Confirmed: 0170 & 0173 were not current.

Thanks for the advice on the OBD2 cable :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.