Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners will face a up to £34 per day to drive in London.  (Read 9987 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile

Not just Omega's but any Vehicle that was registered before 2006, Petrol, LPG, Diesel what ever, is proposed as from next year, charges will be as follows -

Congestion Charge £11.50 per Day. (not payable off peak or Weekends).
Pre 2006 Petrol / LPG Cars +£10 per Day (ULEZ, Payable 24/7 from Midnight to Midnight)
Pre 2006 Diesel Cars +£10 +£12.50 per Day (ULEZ, Payable 24/7 from Midnight to Midnight)

Total £21.50 for Petrol an £34 for Diesel per Day

The last 2 Zones will be increased to include all of London within 2 to 3 Years (Ultra Low Emission Zone)

The Mayor of London said, if you dont like, lump it or buy a new car.

>:( >:( >:(

Think Im going to complain to the EU about this.

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile

Yeah cos a 2012 VW golf would be sooooo much better for the environment... NOT.  what a load of horse sh...oes.
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile

"We will end the war on motorists" - remember that?

Ron.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile

I'll start worrying when ULEZ starts to creep north of Lincoln ;D

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile

I'll start worrying when ULEZ starts to creep north of Lincoln ;D
Only a matter of time before a cash strapped northern council follows suite  >:(

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile

A chap who worked with us went swanning in to London in his Honda Hybrid electric thing, chuffed to bits that he didn't have to pay anything. He merrily went in and out of the congestion zone, confident that his Hybrid thingy was exempt.
Even though the vehicle was exempt, he received fines for his visits as he hadn't registered his vehicle to go in to the zone.
It's not funny is it?  ;D ;D   .................. and we didn't laugh.  ::)  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile

Well I've spent pretty much every other workday of my life driving in, around or through London and for the past 10 years that's been in an Omega so I don't think that'll stop me.

Mind you i'll just charge it back on expenses anyway as it's all work related!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile

Not just Omega's but any Vehicle that was registered before 2006, Petrol, LPG, Diesel what ever, is proposed as from next year, charges will be as follows -

Pre 2006 Petrol / LPG Cars +£10 per Day (ULEZ, Payable 24/7 from Midnight to Midnight)
Pre 2006 Diesel Cars +£10 +£12.50 per Day (ULEZ, Payable 24/7 from Midnight to Midnight)

The last 2 Zones will be increased to include all of London within 2 to 3 Years (Ultra Low Emission Zone)

Best be quick. :y

On second thoughts .......no need to rush as article 50 is unlikely to be triggered before I'm six feet under. ::) ::) ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile

ULEZ not starting until 2020 I think?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

That was a Boris pledge, so that date is on the cards to be scrapped, the new Mayor wants it kicking in next year with a full London Area commitment by 2019.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners will face a up to £34 per day to drive in London.
« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2016, 23:58:02 »

That was a Boris pledge, so that date is on the cards to be scrapped, the new Mayor wants it kicking in next year with a full London Area commitment by 2019.

Vote Labour!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 July 2016, 01:01:14 »

Yeah right :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 July 2016, 01:06:34 »

Well I've spent pretty much every other workday of my life driving in, around or through London and for the past 10 years that's been in an Omega so I don't think that'll stop me.

Mind you i'll just charge it back on expenses anyway as it's all work related!
Nice if you can do that, problem is most Contractors or Self Employed working in and out of London would struggle to add that additional charge per day on top of there daily rate to the customer.  :(

Its bad enough, trying to park in London now when you need a Vehicle for Tools, Steps etc or need to work out the back of a Van, there is No Parking anymore in London, its all gone, either Residence Only Parking now, hardly any single yellow lines left, or if your really lucky, you might just find a Parking Meter or Pay by Phone, for £3 for 10 mins or £6 to £12 an Hour with a 2 hour limit and no return within 1 Hour. Multi Storeys Car Parks?, example Victoria is about £50 per Day.    >:(

Then you get Customer that say's drop your stuff off over a Weekend and then come in by Train, Tube, Bus during the week. Same deal, around £20+ per Person per Day to get in and out of London, when you can fit 2 or 3 people in a Car or Van.  >:(

The whole system is set up to make money (tons of it) for TFL and Council Boroughs rather than help the Small Business and its Economy.

aaronjb

« Reply #13 on: 06 July 2016, 08:30:29 »

The whole system is set up to make money (tons of it) for TFL and Council Boroughs rather than help the Small Business and its Economy.

But I thought we didn't have an economy outside of banking, and you don't need tools for that....

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 July 2016, 09:23:36 »

But I thought we didn't have an economy outside of banking, and you don't need tools for that....

Yes you do.   Crowbars, jackhammers, drills, files, firearms, explosives are all used in banking.  :-X  ::)  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 06 July 2016, 10:01:30 »

Which faction? :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

korum

• Derby
    • 2003 3.2 Irmscher MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 July 2016, 10:16:40 »

Yes you do.   Crowbars, jackhammers, drills, files, firearms, explosives are all used in banking.  :-X  ::)  ;D

Hahaha move with the times Tig this is the digital age now, they get to steal all the money they want while sitting at the PC  >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 July 2016, 13:11:24 »

Hahaha move with the times Tig this is the digital age now, they get to steal all the money they want while sitting at the PC  >:(

Good point and I guess that's why the guys who pulled off the Hatton Garden heist were all OAPS!  ;D

ted_one

« Reply #18 on: 06 July 2016, 13:30:06 »

If you don't need to go too London ...then don't go,as it's official....it's a dirty stinking sh**hole, and if it was only 34p a year to drive in it/or through it with a guaranteed free parking space then I'd let one of you guys have the privilege. Why would I want to drive one of my lovely old Omegas through the minging as**ole of the South East :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 July 2016, 22:39:56 »

Not a fan of Lunnen then nitro ;D

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 July 2016, 22:47:13 »

Another piece of well though out policy there then!
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

ted_one

« Reply #21 on: 06 July 2016, 22:55:55 »

Got it in one Ronny :y vile,nasty place ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 July 2016, 19:40:50 »

Elect a mayor who likes to give lots of selected groups of people, lots of free stuff and surprise, surprise so he doesn't run out of other peoples money he has to steal more of it through a processed of legalized robbery. Shocked, who would of thought it. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 August 2016, 02:26:26 »

are you sure about the 24/7 bit?  from what I can find out it will only apply 7am-6pm monday to friday see http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/aston-martin/db4/5302/classic-cars-to-be-charged-10-london-t-charge-after-2017

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 August 2016, 18:40:35 »

are you sure about the 24/7 bit?  from what I can find out it will only apply 7am-6pm monday to friday see http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/aston-martin/db4/5302/classic-cars-to-be-charged-10-london-t-charge-after-2017
Yep,

Your article is correct about the Congestion Charge but hasn't finished it correctly.

Quote - "This means that if you want to drive your classic into Congestion Charge zone on Monday to Friday between 7am and 6pm, the total cost will be £21.50 per day".

What it should add is - "Outside of these hours you will only be stuffed with the 24 hour Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) which is £10 for Petrol Cars and £22.50 for Diesel Cars".

it follows the current Low Emission Zone (LEZ) which is 24 hours a day 7 days a week,  currently £100 per day for a Van / Truck / Lorry.

By the way the 24 hours thing is Midnight to Midnight, so if you pop in on a Saturday Night at 11pm and leave a 1am in the morning you get for double charge (2 Days), good ah,

More info here on the current London LEZ -

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone/about-the-lez?intcmp=2263

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20 August 2016, 22:54:37 »

i'm still unclear on this.  there seem to be (at least) 3 different things - "t charge" for classic cars, "LEZ" and "ULEZ"

classic and performance car clearly think the t charge  will not apply at weekends - hence their 3 option poll "With pre-2005 cars being charged an extra £10 a day from 2017, will this stop you driving your classic in London?

Yes
    %
    No
    %
    I only drive my classic at the weekend anyway http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/aston-martin/db4/5302/classic-cars-to-be-charged-10-london-t-charge-after-2017
"

wikipedia currently says the LEZ only applies to "commercial vehicles" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_low_emission_zone

plans for the future on the LEZ site don't mention private cars, or petrol private cars https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone/about-the-lez?intcmp=2263#on-this-page-5

apparently the "t charge" will end when the ULEZ starts http://www.businesscar.co.uk/news/2016/london-assembly-calls-on-mayor-to-introduce-ulez-by-2018?acceptpolicy=1

i can't find anything about private petrol cars in the ulez indeed it says it will apply to hgvs from 2020 http://www.airqualitynews.com/2016/05/13/7616/

is there a clear statement anywhere that petrol private cars will be charged 24/7?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 August 2016, 09:51:32 »

The lez does not apply to petrol cars or motorbikes! Yet So stand down and stop flapping over something that doesn't affect petrol. Diesel cars are being considered,
Hoof'land storeman.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 August 2016, 10:36:03 »

read the op

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 August 2016, 11:10:47 »

read the op

biggriffin is quite correct, he is talking about the lez, not the ulez. The lez is basically most places within the m25. The ulez is more central London.

Ulez
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/check-your-vehicle?intcmp=32646

lez
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone/check-if-your-vehicle-is-affected?intcmp=2266

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 August 2016, 11:27:57 »

I guess I can't use the phrase " I'm off to the smoke for the day" any more then. :-\ :y
Although I doubt anyone else on here remember the phrase anyway. ???

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 21 August 2016, 12:18:05 »

read the op

I blame Vladimir Putin.  :)
Hoof'land storeman.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 August 2016, 13:10:11 »

Just been on tfl vehicle checker :) my vehicle is not subject to the charge.
Yet again another internet scare , story :o Those who drive anything diesel powered might want to check, if they have nothing better to do  ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 August 2016, 13:40:47 »

Just been on tfl vehicle checker :) my vehicle is not subject to the charge.
Yet again another internet scare , story :o Those who drive anything diesel powered might want to check, if they have nothing better to do  ;D
The current stuff on the TFL Web explains the ULEZ plans that are proposed to kick in for 2020, the new Mayor proposes to change it, bring the start date forward to 2017 and include Petrol vehicles (thats what all the current fuss is about).  ;)

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 August 2016, 16:39:09 »

this is a serious issue (ok maybe not if you never drive into London).  for me, if true, it would mean selling or  scrapping the omega (although sadly it might scrap itself by 2020).

so i do want to see some authoritative evidence that it is being considered and know the chances of it being introduced.  'it' being petrol omegas being charged 24/7 to go into london. 

haven't seen it yet.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 August 2016, 17:06:46 »

I could never imagine myself driving a derv.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 August 2016, 17:08:32 »

this is a serious issue (ok maybe not if you never drive into London).  for me, if true, it would mean selling or  scrapping the omega (although sadly it might scrap itself by 2020).

so i do want to see some authoritative evidence that it is being considered and know the chances of it being introduced.  'it' being petrol omegas being charged 24/7 to go into london. 

haven't seen it yet.

And TBH I wouldn't believe any 'story' about it, until the TFL website is updated , then you can be certain of the facts  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 August 2016, 17:18:30 »

i'm still unclear on this.  there seem to be (at least) 3 different things - "t charge" for classic cars, "LEZ" and "ULEZ"

classic and performance car clearly think the t charge  will not apply at weekends - hence their 3 option poll "With pre-2005 cars being charged an extra £10 a day from 2017, will this stop you driving your classic in London?

Yes
    %
    No
    %
    I only drive my classic at the weekend anyway http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/aston-martin/db4/5302/classic-cars-to-be-charged-10-london-t-charge-after-2017
"

I think your confusing yourself by reading too much into the Classic Cars bit. Forget the Classic Cars statements, the proposed plans are for all Cars built before a certain date, its currently proposed for all petrol and diesel before 2006.

wikipedia currently says the LEZ only applies to "commercial vehicles" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_low_emission_zone

Correct, as this is what is in place at the moment, any commercial vehicle that doesn't comply pays £100 per day over a given 24 hour period.

plans for the future on the LEZ site don't mention private cars, or petrol private cars https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone/about-the-lez?intcmp=2263#on-this-page-5

It wont do, the plans for 2020 ULEZ where set in place when Boris was in power, The new Mayor is proposing to change all this and bring forward to start in 2017 with some major changes for Petrol and Diesel cars.

is there a clear statement anywhere that petrol private cars will be charged 24/7?

It will be 247 as it is now, trust me, an emissions zone is just that, your car doesn't become more emissions efficient after 6pm at night and before 7 am in the morning.

Your have to remember that the new Mayors proposals are just that, proposals, problem is, stuff like this thats meant to meet EU Emissions Regs, deadlines or put in place or exceed the deadlines and Regs, and at the same time make money for the Government tend to get given the go ahead.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 August 2016, 18:15:08 »

this is the best official page I found:

http://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/check-your-vehicle?intcmp=32646

seems there will be a 3 year grace period if you live in the ULEZ. I reckon my cam belt will be due in 2020 so she will probably be scrapped then :(  spark plugs due 2024 at 153K miles so she won't be seeing new plugs ever again  :( :(

looks like all migs will be charged - earliest date is 1/1/2006 or for 'early adopters' usually a year before.

don't see how they can bring the 2020 date forward much - the worst affected are large diesel vans and minibuses - any built before next month will be subject to the charge.  I imagine new sales of them have plummeted in the South East.
« Last Edit: 21 August 2016, 18:24:42 by migmog »

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 August 2016, 18:29:59 »

http://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/check-your-vehicle?intcmp=32646

seems there will be a 3 year grace period if you live in the ULEZ. I reckon my cam belt will be due in 2020 so she will probably be scrapped then :(  spark plugs due 2024 at 153K miles so she won't be seeing new plugs ever again  :( :(

looks like all migs will be charged - earliest date is 1/1/2006 or for 'early adopters' usually a year before.

don't see how they can bring the 2020 date forward much - the worst affected are large diesel vans and minibuses - any built before next month will be subject to the charge.  I imagine new sales have plummeted in the South East.

No it makes the value of used vehicles, that can no longer go into the LEZ, drop like a stone. When it was originally introduced, I knew one man who decided that as half his fleet(of refrigerated trucks) wasn't compliant, he would close the business and retire early. And he had to sell them in the north of the country to get even close to their previous value. The recovery company where I used to work also replaced a couple of their vehicles earlier than intended as they were in and out of London all the time. It only takes a few fines, or having to swap vehicles somewhere to continue the job to realise however much the new(er) compliant vehicle costs, you can't afford not to buy it.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
Hoof'land storeman.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21 August 2016, 18:41:24 »

don't see how they can bring the 2020 date forward much - the worst affected are large diesel vans and minibuses - any built before next month will be subject to the charge.  I imagine new sales of them have plummeted in the South East.

I give up Migmog.

Your trying to find something Official on the TFL website that doesn't exist, it wont be on there, its hasn't been passed / approved yet, therefore its not an official rulling yet.

Read the the first line of my first post - "any Vehicle that was registered before 2006, Petrol, LPG, Diesel what ever, is proposed as from next year, charges will be as follows -", its a proposal from the new Mayor, thats what the posting is all about.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21 August 2016, 19:37:56 »

I wish I knew for certain. Im trying to source a Range Rover for my daughter who lives in central London. Im currently restricted to petrol versions, no more than 10 years old, due to this proposal.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21 August 2016, 20:19:11 »

I wish I knew for certain. Im trying to source a Range Rover for my daughter who lives in central London. Im currently restricted to petrol versions, no more than 10 years old, due to this proposal.  :(

I have to ask why?
Hoof'land storeman.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 21 August 2016, 20:25:02 »

I give up Migmog.

Your trying to find something Official on the TFL website that doesn't exist, it wont be on there, its hasn't been passed / approved yet, therefore its not an official rulling yet.

Read the the first line of my first post - "any Vehicle that was registered before 2006, Petrol, LPG, Diesel what ever, is proposed as from next year, charges will be as follows -", its a proposal from the new Mayor, thats what the posting is all about.

Yes it's proposed, it's called "grapping the headlines" so basically ignore this whole thread, as I said it's scare-mongering,.

IF this happens it will make the papers, so plenty of warning.
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 21 August 2016, 20:43:45 »

I have to ask why?

She is female, she has made up her mind she is having one - nuff said.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 21 August 2016, 21:00:46 »

I have to ask why?

She is female, she has made up her mind she is having one - nuff said.  ::) ;D
A Range Rover in Central London, I can understand that, will come i handy for the .. urm, well when the ,,, ah, not forgeting when the ..., oh, ah,,,,, ....

Ok I give up, hope shes got somewhere to park it then..

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 21 August 2016, 21:07:35 »

So do I.  ::)........tried talking logic and sense, but my breath was wasted. She passed her test 13 years ago, had a little clit for a year which had a different panel dented every time I saw it.
Moved to London 12 years ago and hasn't driven since.
Now intends to buy a Range Rover, which will probably be a supercharged 400bhp accident waiting to happen. Intention is to drive it from Shoreditch to West London to work at around 6.30am every day.  :o
I would much rather it was a diesel, at least it wouldn't be such a beast, but the Mayors proposals have put paid to that. >:(

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 21 August 2016, 21:19:43 »

So do I.  ::)........tried talking logic and sense, but my breath was wasted. She passed her test 13 years ago, had a little clit for a year which had a different panel dented every time I saw it.
Moved to London 12 years ago and hasn't driven since.
Now intends to buy a Range Rover, which will probably be a supercharged 400bhp accident waiting to happen. Intention is to drive it from Shoreditch to West London to work at around 6.30am every day.  :o
I would much rather it was a diesel, at least it wouldn't be such a beast, but the Mayors proposals have put paid to that. >:(
Shoreditch, well unlees she got very good friends within the City of London Police and Traffic Wardens or owns a Underground Car Park good luck with that one.  :o

Plus £11.50 Congestion Charge every day then.......    $$$$$

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 21 August 2016, 21:26:13 »

For that sort of use, Doctor Gollum's Focus would be the perfect buy.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 21 August 2016, 21:33:36 »

For that sort of use, Doctor Gollum's Focus a pushbike would be the perfect buy.

FTFY. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 21 August 2016, 23:22:19 »

All you need.

https://lowemissionzone.tfl.gov.uk/b/pb/lezComplianceProvideVRM.faces?referrer=lez

I think you need to read the line at the top of that page: "The Low Emission Zone affects larger vans, minibuses, lorries, buses and coaches as well as other specialist vehicles. "

i know the omega is a bit of a barge but it's not a van, minibus, lorry, bus or coach.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 21 August 2016, 23:30:27 »

don't see how they can bring the 2020 date forward much - the worst affected are large diesel vans and minibuses - any built before next month will be subject to the charge.  I imagine new sales have plummeted in the South East.

No it makes the value of used vehicles, that can no longer go into the LEZ, drop like a stone. When it was originally introduced, I knew one man who decided that as half his fleet(of refrigerated trucks) wasn't compliant, he would close the business and retire early. And he had to sell them in the north of the country to get even close to their previous value. The recovery company where I used to work also replaced a couple of their vehicles earlier than intended as they were in and out of London all the time. It only takes a few fines, or having to swap vehicles somewhere to continue the job to realise however much the new(er) compliant vehicle costs, you can't afford not to buy it.

the point i was trying to make is if you buy a new van in London this month then in less than 4 years it will have to begin paying the ULEZ charge. hence sales of new vans will be on hold (plumet) until the new certificate ones are available.  the second point is the 4 year period may be a lot less but if it is say 1 or 2 years that would seem exceptionally unfair (and perhaps open to legal challenge) on people who bought vans this year.

aaronjb

« Reply #52 on: 22 August 2016, 09:32:30 »

I guess I can't use the phrase " I'm off to the smoke for the day" any more then. :-\ :y
Although I doubt anyone else on here remember the phrase anyway. ???

As noted elsewhere I'm (considerably) younger than you but even I know that phrase .. and use it to refer to London..

Plus £11.50 Congestion Charge every day then.......    $$$$$

I know of a few people who would consider that "pocket change" over the year, working in central London ;)

(Sadly I'm not one of them! ;D)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 22 August 2016, 14:38:34 »

Sadly, the daughter is one of them. Earns very good money, but spends it even faster than she earns it.  Hence the Range Rover fixation::)
As someone once said, youth is wasted on the young.  ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 22 August 2016, 19:44:02 »

He's just mot'd it  :)
Hoof'land storeman.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22 August 2016, 20:51:11 »

He's just mot'd it  :)

No.. An MX5. Er..<cough!> maybe someone's selling one? :-X

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 23 August 2016, 16:34:43 »

Best way to get around London, unless you are a tradesman is oyster card :)
Hoof'land storeman.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 23 August 2016, 19:21:05 »

Best way to get around London, unless you are a tradesman is oyster card :)
This is true.but still cheaper to drive in and out assuming you've got somewhere free to park.

If after 9.30 in the morning can sometimes work cheaper with a 1 day Travelcard as you dont hit for the Oyster early Evening Peak Rates, all depends on where your going, what time, how many Zones, blah, blah, need to do your homework before.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 14 September 2016, 13:33:59 »

latest on this http://talklondon.london.gov.uk/blogs/talk-london-team/results-clean-air-consultation

the existing proposal is here http://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone - comes in in september 2020, only covers the congestion charge zone (central london) but 24/7. the first 3 years there is a 100% rebate but only for residents who live in the zone.

clearly they plan to bring it in earlier and extend the area -

"The survey revealed that there is strong public support for bringing forward the implementation of the ULEZ a year earlier, to 2019 (79 per cent)"

"7 in 10 Londoners want the boundaries for the ULEZ to be extended up to the North / South circular or Londonwide for light vehicles."

"The introduction of an ‘Emissions Surcharge’ from next year was supported by 81 per cent of you. This is an extra charge for the oldest, most polluting vehicles, driving at peak times in the Congestion Charging Zone (CCZ)."

the mayors proposals are:

• bring the implementation of the central London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) forward by one year to 2019.

expanding the ULEZ beyond central London in 2020.

introducing a new Emissions Surcharge from 2017 for the most polluting vehicles entering central London.
the emissions surcharge proposal will, from next year, cost all omegas travelling into the existing congestion zone 7am– 6pm, Monday-Friday, £10 a day. 90% discount if you live in the zone. http://talklondon.london.gov.uk/homes-spaces/environment/articles/introducing-proposed-emissions-surcharge
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.