Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners will face a up to £34 per day to drive in London.  (Read 9981 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners will face a up to £34 per day to drive in London.
« Reply #15 on: 06 July 2016, 10:01:30 »

ULEZ not starting until 2020 I think?
That was a Boris pledge, so that date is on the cards to be scrapped, the new Mayor wants it kicking in next year with a full London Area commitment by 2019.

Vote Labour!  ::)
Which faction? :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

korum

• Derby
    • 2003 3.2 Irmscher MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 July 2016, 10:16:40 »

The whole system is set up to make money (tons of it) for TFL and Council Boroughs rather than help the Small Business and its Economy.

But I thought we didn't have an economy outside of banking, and you don't need tools for that....

Yes you do.   Crowbars, jackhammers, drills, files, firearms, explosives are all used in banking.  :-X  ::)  ;D

Hahaha move with the times Tig this is the digital age now, they get to steal all the money they want while sitting at the PC  >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 July 2016, 13:11:24 »

The whole system is set up to make money (tons of it) for TFL and Council Boroughs rather than help the Small Business and its Economy.

But I thought we didn't have an economy outside of banking, and you don't need tools for that....

Yes you do.   Crowbars, jackhammers, drills, files, firearms, explosives are all used in banking.  :-X  ::)  ;D

Hahaha move with the times Tig this is the digital age now, they get to steal all the money they want while sitting at the PC  >:(

Good point and I guess that's why the guys who pulled off the Hatton Garden heist were all OAPS!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ted_one

« Reply #18 on: 06 July 2016, 13:30:06 »

If you don't need to go too London ...then don't go,as it's official....it's a dirty stinking sh**hole, and if it was only 34p a year to drive in it/or through it with a guaranteed free parking space then I'd let one of you guys have the privilege. Why would I want to drive one of my lovely old Omegas through the minging as**ole of the South East :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 July 2016, 22:39:56 »

Not a fan of Lunnen then nitro ;D

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 July 2016, 22:47:13 »

Not just Omega's but any Vehicle that was registered before 2006, Petrol, LPG, Diesel what ever, is proposed as from next year, charges will be as follows -

Congestion Charge £11.50 per Day. (not payable off peak or Weekends).
Pre 2006 Petrol / LPG Cars +£10 per Day (ULEZ, Payable 24/7 from Midnight to Midnight)
Pre 2006 Diesel Cars +£10 +£12.50 per Day (ULEZ, Payable 24/7 from Midnight to Midnight)

Total £21.50 for Petrol an £34 for Diesel per Day

The last 2 Zones will be increased to include all of London within 2 to 3 Years (Ultra Low Emission Zone)

The Mayor of London said, if you dont like, lump it or buy a new car.

>:( >:( >:(

Think Im going to complain to the EU about this.

Another piece of well though out policy there then!
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

ted_one

« Reply #21 on: 06 July 2016, 22:55:55 »

Got it in one Ronny :y vile,nasty place ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 July 2016, 19:40:50 »

Elect a mayor who likes to give lots of selected groups of people, lots of free stuff and surprise, surprise so he doesn't run out of other peoples money he has to steal more of it through a processed of legalized robbery. Shocked, who would of thought it. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 August 2016, 02:26:26 »

Not just Omega's but any Vehicle that was registered before 2006, Petrol, LPG, Diesel what ever, is proposed as from next year, charges will be as follows -

Pre 2006 Petrol / LPG Cars +£10 per Day (ULEZ, Payable 24/7 from Midnight to Midnight)
Pre 2006 Diesel Cars +£10 +£12.50 per Day (ULEZ, Payable 24/7 from Midnight to Midnight)

are you sure about the 24/7 bit?  from what I can find out it will only apply 7am-6pm monday to friday see http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/aston-martin/db4/5302/classic-cars-to-be-charged-10-london-t-charge-after-2017

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 August 2016, 18:40:35 »

are you sure about the 24/7 bit?  from what I can find out it will only apply 7am-6pm monday to friday see http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/aston-martin/db4/5302/classic-cars-to-be-charged-10-london-t-charge-after-2017
Yep,

Your article is correct about the Congestion Charge but hasn't finished it correctly.

Quote - "This means that if you want to drive your classic into Congestion Charge zone on Monday to Friday between 7am and 6pm, the total cost will be £21.50 per day".

What it should add is - "Outside of these hours you will only be stuffed with the 24 hour Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) which is £10 for Petrol Cars and £22.50 for Diesel Cars".

it follows the current Low Emission Zone (LEZ) which is 24 hours a day 7 days a week,  currently £100 per day for a Van / Truck / Lorry.

By the way the 24 hours thing is Midnight to Midnight, so if you pop in on a Saturday Night at 11pm and leave a 1am in the morning you get for double charge (2 Days), good ah,

More info here on the current London LEZ -

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone/about-the-lez?intcmp=2263

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20 August 2016, 22:54:37 »

i'm still unclear on this.  there seem to be (at least) 3 different things - "t charge" for classic cars, "LEZ" and "ULEZ"

classic and performance car clearly think the t charge  will not apply at weekends - hence their 3 option poll "With pre-2005 cars being charged an extra £10 a day from 2017, will this stop you driving your classic in London?

Yes
    %
    No
    %
    I only drive my classic at the weekend anyway http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/aston-martin/db4/5302/classic-cars-to-be-charged-10-london-t-charge-after-2017
"

wikipedia currently says the LEZ only applies to "commercial vehicles" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_low_emission_zone

plans for the future on the LEZ site don't mention private cars, or petrol private cars https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone/about-the-lez?intcmp=2263#on-this-page-5

apparently the "t charge" will end when the ULEZ starts http://www.businesscar.co.uk/news/2016/london-assembly-calls-on-mayor-to-introduce-ulez-by-2018?acceptpolicy=1

i can't find anything about private petrol cars in the ulez indeed it says it will apply to hgvs from 2020 http://www.airqualitynews.com/2016/05/13/7616/

is there a clear statement anywhere that petrol private cars will be charged 24/7?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 August 2016, 09:51:32 »

The lez does not apply to petrol cars or motorbikes! Yet So stand down and stop flapping over something that doesn't affect petrol. Diesel cars are being considered,
Hoof'land storeman.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 August 2016, 10:36:03 »

read the op

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 August 2016, 11:10:47 »

read the op

biggriffin is quite correct, he is talking about the lez, not the ulez. The lez is basically most places within the m25. The ulez is more central London.

Ulez
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/check-your-vehicle?intcmp=32646

lez
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone/check-if-your-vehicle-is-affected?intcmp=2266

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 August 2016, 11:27:57 »

I guess I can't use the phrase " I'm off to the smoke for the day" any more then. :-\ :y
Although I doubt anyone else on here remember the phrase anyway. ???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.