Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shaving  (Read 5861 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Shaving
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2016, 23:01:10 »

Philishave. Rubbish, but all I can be arsed with 30 seconds after crawling out of my pit in the morning. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2016, 23:16:51 »

Not a problem, Theres many sites, with much, often conflicting, or perfectionists results which can make the whole task too much of a chore...
Ive digested a lot, and settled on an easy, but effective routine which is probably easy for anyone to adopt with a few changes to their normal routine.

1st, and probably most importantly . . . . . . . . etc

Absolutely right. Routine etc is important. The big norm of cours is S-S-S   shyte-shower-shave in that order, important

However if you work-lifestyle permits, I would say

Breakfast-coffee-S-S-S as the first two assist in the first S   :y

I would say that since I've gone beardy, I use an electric for my morning trim. I've always found electrics to be crap. So I went laong to Boots so see what they had. I bought a cheapo Remmington for about £18. In the past I would have found this very unacceptable as I always wanted a baby smooth shave, but being partially beardy anyway, this has been great, AND saves a whopping 10p per razor I was spending on disposables ! Excuse me while I crack open the Champagne with the savings  :y NOTE: If I really want to feel and look good-ish I still use the Tesco disposable on the bits of face without beard or tache.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 August 2016, 09:17:08 »

If you want a nice smooth, face just do what the girlies do, when they go hedge/boosh/ gardening, cover it with immac(other creams are available). ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 August 2016, 09:24:01 »

Used to use Mach 3, when they were the 'coolest/newest one on the block, and shaved once a week. Now have one of them 'beard trimmers' I got bought a few Xmases ago. Without any of the 'guides' I whip off the face foliage once a week, leaving it with a day or two's effective growth. A few months back a friend of mine donated me a double edged razor, very nice chrome affair, which he'd been bought as a Birthday present surplus to requirements. Have to say it's a joy to use, feels very 'proper' and of course guaranteed a very close shave.

If you don't concentrate you'll cut yourself, so unsuitable for rushing to work-style shave, which is where a modern mach3/quattro/whatever will come in, but take your time after a relaxing bath of an evening before Whisky and bed, and I find it very pleasant  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

aaronjb

« Reply #19 on: 18 August 2016, 14:42:14 »

I decided to grow it out back in .. March, maybe? Now I just attack the sides with clippers from time to time, whenever I shave my chrome dome.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 August 2016, 15:10:21 »

I decided to grow it out back in .. March, maybe? Now I just attack the sides with clippers from time to time, whenever I shave my chrome dome.

Ok, looks like it's "photo of my beard" time. You win  ;D    ;D  Actually, that's quite a "metal" beard  :y

Here's mine, recently trimmed

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

aaronjb

« Reply #21 on: 18 August 2016, 15:26:38 »

The only problem is.. if I drive along with the roof and windows down in the BMW .. I end up eating my own beard ;D ;D

The shaving tips are interesting though as I've always fancied trying a "proper" shave.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 August 2016, 18:42:09 »

I went for a haircut once in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and the barber offered to shave me as well, which I nervously agreed too.  ::)  It was excellent and I got the full treatment, hot towels the lot and I think it cost about 50p!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 August 2016, 18:49:24 »

There's only one decent razor on the market. Gillette Mach 3. The original one

Beautiful smooth close shave. With zero cuts every time.

Hth

I used to look like Freddy Krueger had been at me with those, never been near a Gillette razor since.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 August 2016, 19:33:32 »

I went for a haircut once in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and the barber offered to shave me as well, which I nervously agreed too.  ::)  It was excellent and I got the full treatment, hot towels the lot and I think it cost about 50p!  :y

Isn't that an boko_haram place now.
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 August 2016, 22:42:53 »

No, Boko Haram operate in and around Nigeria.  Al Shabaab are the current nutters in East Africa, operating out of Somalia and have committed atrocities such as the Nairobi shopping mall massacre and the 2010 World Cup Final bombings in Kampala.  Al Qaeda bombed the US Embassy in Dar es Salaam in 1998.  :(

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 August 2016, 08:31:44 »

No, Boko Haram operate in and around Nigeria.  Al Shabaab are the current nutters in East Africa, operating out of Somalia and have committed atrocities such as the Nairobi shopping mall massacre and the 2010 World Cup Final bombings in Kampala.  Al Qaeda bombed the US Embassy in Dar es Salaam in 1998.  :(

That's why it's a cheap holiday resort. ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 August 2016, 11:20:06 »

Decent quality 2 blade razor for me

These 3 blade ones get clogged up too easy for me

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 August 2016, 22:11:26 »

Decent quality 2 blade razor for me

These 3 blade ones get clogged up too easy for me

Agree. ever tried shavin with the wrong hand  ???
For me it`s bloomin difficult. I can shave the left side of my face but not the right  ::)
Weird, anyway I`ve over- powered my right hand & pulled all the ligaments & such like.
Went into work last monday, with a 2 day growth on one side of my face :D
None of the blokes seemed notice or care, first female I bump into is like WTF dude.

hoj

• Intermediate Member
  • BURY
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 August 2016, 21:26:51 »

My beard/hair grows quick sadly not on my head though
Tried 30 or 40 different razors over the years
The best one I have found and one I have been using now for around 8 years
ASDAs own women's protect
3.2 Elite in Oyster
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.