Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Eye Tests  (Read 5383 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Eye Tests
« Reply #15 on: 21 August 2016, 13:07:45 »

....and the Rod Stewart effect.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 August 2016, 13:22:03 »

Not had an Eye Test for over 40 years, nothing wrong with my eyes.

;D :D

Used to use Specsavers when Mrs LD worked there, now we use the East of England CO-OP (because she works for them!)

A decent optician will spot a myriad of health issues in the eyes, unlike the one who has just been convicted in Ipswich for negligence. Emma has referred people when she sees something amiss in the ear and saved more than one life because of it!

Yes.

Similar with your dentist. Who can pick up the first signs of throat cancer.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 August 2016, 13:54:57 »

My eyesight is perfect,it's just that my arms are too short for reading :D Seriously though I use Specsavers partly because they're handiest but mainly because I've always had good service from them.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 August 2016, 13:59:53 »

I get my minces' tested at Tesco's, because it's free, and clubcatd points too  :y

Same here. Tested at Tescos then buy the specs from the best deal I can find online. Hence mistaking STEMO,s keyboard for a phone. :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 August 2016, 17:12:27 »

Not had an Eye Test for over 40 years, nothing wrong with my eyes.

;D :D

Used to use Specsavers when Mrs LD worked there, now we use the East of England CO-OP (because she works for them!)

A decent optician will spot a myriad of health issues in the eyes, unlike the one who has just been convicted in Ipswich for negligence. Emma has referred people when she sees something amiss in the ear and saved more than one life because of it!

Not sure i'd like her to give me an eye test, if she's looking in me ears  ::) ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 August 2016, 19:23:32 »

Giving what is left of my eyesight 6 months from last round in April, of uveitis and papillitis and the Nonarteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION) event I've had in my right eye so my eyes can stabilize. I think my right eye may have improved very slightly, but I'm not sure? At the last eye clinic tests my left eye has 160/200 vision and my right eye 40/200 where with a struggle I can just about read the top line of an eye chart. 20/200 or below is classed as blind! My next round of eye clinic tests are in September and December, so I will know more then. Glasses should improve my left eye further.

I will then get my eyes tested as the shape and focusing has changed in both eyes due to having uveitis and papillitis in both of them.

I now use a patch over my right eye with my reading glasses, text is clearer as I found keeping my right eye closed means it weeps a lot and gets sorer as the day progresses.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 August 2016, 19:36:06 »

Giving what is left of my eyesight 6 months from last round in April, of uveitis and papillitis and the Nonarteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION) event I've had in my right eye so my eyes can stabilize. I think my right eye may have improved very slightly, but I'm not sure? At the last eye clinic tests my left eye has 160/200 vision and my right eye 40/200 where with a struggle I can just about read the top line of an eye chart. 20/200 or below is classed as blind! My next round of eye clinic tests are in September and December, so I will know more then. Glasses should improve my left eye further.

I will then get my eyes tested as the shape and focusing has changed in both eyes due to having uveitis and papillitis in both of them.

I now use a patch over my right eye with my reading glasses, text is clearer as I found keeping my right eye closed means it weeps a lot and gets sorer as the day progresses.

Sorry to hear this, Mr Rods.

I'm guessing you can't drive with your eyes as they are at present? :-\

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 August 2016, 17:02:40 »

Sorry to hear this, Mr Rods.

I'm guessing you can't drive with your eyes as they are at present? :-\

No, as I need glasses to improve my left eye and also at the end of 6 months to see if there has been any improvement to my right eye. You can drive with one good eye, but I presume I have to report the disability to the DVLA, but haven't looked into this yet?
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 22 August 2016, 17:14:52 »

You can drive with one good eye but, if it's a sudden loss of vision in the other eye, then you have to wait (for three months, I think) until you adjust to the loss of vision.

amazonian

• Intermediate Member
  • upper beeding. west sussex
    • 03 2.2 CDX auto estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 August 2016, 23:33:40 »

Got bifocals at tesco as they had the best deal, found I could not get on with them and went back,  and was amazed when they just said 'no problem'  some people cant get on with them, we will order you two new pairs AT NO EXTRA CHARGE!

I hate tesco as a rule but that was more than fair I thought.

:) :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 August 2016, 04:20:41 »

You can drive with one good eye but, if it's a sudden loss of vision in the other eye, then you have to wait (for three months, I think) until you adjust to the loss of vision.

This I can believe as what you think you see, is not what is actually there as you get used to interpreting what your eyes tell you. On this I'm getting better and my distance vision, is much better than close up. Low level light conditions have never been a strong point with my eyesight and is now much more difficult.

I will leave it until my eyes are 6 months from the last problems as they can and are changing in this time.

There will then then be two decisions, one is that doctors think I can drive and secondary if I feel my eyes are good enough for driving. If the later are IMO not good enough, then I will stick to walking, cycling and using trains as I will under no circumstances endanger other road users.

Time will tell on all of this!

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 August 2016, 09:33:23 »

As women get older failing eyesight can be considered a blessing.

Is that so they can know longer see how ugly you are M'lud?  :P                                                                      ;D ;D ;D

Yes indeed, Sir Tig.

I may be excessively ugly but I have so much money that beautiful women don't seem to notice.

This is known as 'The Ecclestone effect'. :)

I just lick my eyebrows. This is known as the "Rog" effect.  ::)
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 August 2016, 07:40:40 »

I'm going to give Asda's opticians a try shortly....I like the idea of a fixed price, no matter what the optician prescribes  :y

https://opticians.asda.com/info/our-complete-price-on-glasses
that's where the wife & I went for our latest specs. the actual eye test seemed poor ( as we thought ) but we each got a pair of varifocals for £40. the wife got a pair that darken when in sunlight for an extra £12. the glasses are extremely adequate - so making a mockery of all the hi-tec of the modern testing.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 August 2016, 10:43:08 »

Went to the little independent for years, the last pair my mum got was a touch under £400.  :o  :'( I've always been brought up on the wisdom that support British made products, and the local highstreet, not the international conglomerates etc..) however, when Asda do two pairs for £99, and you realise that any optician is raking it in (a poor local, hard-done by business buys the frames in at approx £2-3 each) there's really no contest.

My old local optician has a collection of Bentleys. Yes, you read that right. I'm in the wrong game. Awful eye test, too, couldn't get you out quick enough, to the point on more than one occasion we were convinced the prescription was a but 'off'.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 August 2016, 18:25:31 »

I might give Costco a go.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.