Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall-less?  (Read 1535 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Vauxhall-less?
« on: 03 December 2013, 09:16:24 »

SWMBO wants a 'new' car ..... a green Citroen C3  ??? ..... anyway would I be a bad person if I got rid of the Omega in preference to her Smart?  ::) The Omega just sits there, all forlorn on the drive. If it went it'd be the first time in 30+ years I'd be Vauxhall/Opel-less. I suppose I could use the Smart for work instead of the Merc and just use it for towing duties  :-\

05omegav6

Re: Vauxhall-less?
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2013, 09:19:14 »

Get shot of the Smart Car, that way you still have the Omega should the Shitroen prove to be, well, shit :y

Or you could get shot of the Merc and Smart Car, which would buy said Shitroen and a couple of weeks in Barbados in January :y
« Last Edit: 03 December 2013, 09:21:51 by ex taxi al »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2013, 09:19:49 »

Get shot of the Smart Car, that way you still have the Omega should the Shitroen prove to be, well, shit :y

;D ;D ;D ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2013, 09:40:12 »

SWMBO wants a 'new' car ..... a green Citroen C3  ??? ..... anyway would I be a bad person if I got rid of the Omega in preference to her Smart?  ::) The Omega just sits there, all forlorn on the drive. If it went it'd be the first time in 30+ years I'd be Vauxhall/Opel-less. I suppose I could use the Smart for work instead of the Merc and just use it for towing duties  :-\

Can't you get her a green Omega Andy? She probably wouldn't notice the difference, if like most SWMBO's she only likes cars of a particular colour, and make is irrelevant. ::) ::) ::)

cleggy

« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2013, 09:51:12 »

Can't you get her a green Omega Andy? She probably wouldn't notice the difference, if like most SWMBO's she only likes cars of a particular colour, and make is irrelevant. ::) ::) ::)

That's mine to a tee ;) I say I like a car and her reply is " I don't like the colour" ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2013, 11:46:06 »

Not sure even I'd want an Omega in the Citroen's green  ??? this one  :-X

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 03 December 2013, 12:17:16 »

I know it's grim oop north, but really :o that's a horrific colour...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 December 2013, 12:20:39 »

It's different, and I think that's part of the appeal to her  ::) ::) It doesn't look too bad actually in the flesh/metal  ;)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 December 2013, 12:52:08 »

Hmmmm new shape,they are much better than the earlier incarnation :y :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 December 2013, 12:53:51 »

It seems so from what I've seen on the web. Surprised though that, as the auto is an automated manual, it's only a 4 speed gear box  ???

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 December 2013, 12:57:03 »

It seems so from what I've seen on the web. Surprised though that, as the auto is an automated manual, it's only a 4 speed gear box  ???

:-\ :-\ :-\ ::)
other rides 

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 December 2013, 13:13:37 »

... as the auto is an automated manual, it's only a 4 speed gear box  ???

As opposed to a torque converter auto like the Omega's ...... like her smart & a simpler version of a VW's DSG  ;)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 December 2013, 13:20:22 »

... as the auto is an automated manual, it's only a 4 speed gear box  ???

As opposed to a torque converter auto like the Omega's ...... like her smart & a simpler version of a VW's DSG  ;)

Have you driven it yet,strange sensation when changing gear,feels odd compared to a normal auto unless later models have got better :y
other rides 

omega3000

« Reply #14 on: 03 December 2013, 13:23:42 »

Oh boy thats very apple ish  :o But you would easily find it in the shopping mall  :D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.