Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Diplomacy  (Read 8811 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy
« Reply #30 on: 08 July 2019, 18:58:00 »

Maybe this sort of manoeuvring has always gone on but is more obvious now. Facebook media generation effect.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 July 2019, 19:30:02 »

The only way Farage could become PM is if he is leader of a political party that has a majority(or is the first to form a coalition) in the House of Commons. The Brexit party would need to go from none to about 250 MPs, pinching those from both Labour and the Conservatives, to manage that.

These are extraordinary times and I think this could happen.  If not they certainly could become the 'Kingmakers'.  ;)

While I wouldn't rule anything out, I think Kingmakers is the likely scenario of the two. I mean, who would have believed you 5yrs ago if you said the DUP would hold the whip hand in Westminster ::)

Daft food treatment processes aside, whoever is in No.10 after Brexit will be under massive pressure to do a deal, any deal with the US, because they will have just delivered Brexit and now have the singular goal of showing the plebs it's been a success.

In the trade negotiations, we would already be the weaker party being about 1/6th the size of their economy, added domestic pressure and a president whose whole administration is built on MAGA ensures we're going to be royally screwed over. Exactly as the majority voted for  :y

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 July 2019, 20:25:30 »

‘We will no longer deal with him’  great. Get him out get him replaced with a real one.
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 July 2019, 20:53:11 »

Surely they can,t sack him, because who is going to supply the Ferrero Rochet.  :o

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 July 2019, 20:56:28 »

The guys a fu(king fool always has been.
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 July 2019, 21:05:07 »

And his (possible accomplice)
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 July 2019, 21:07:50 »

I want (them) hanged.
Laying a rubber road.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 July 2019, 22:27:16 »

The only way Farage could become PM is if he is leader of a political party that has a majority(or is the first to form a coalition) in the House of Commons. The Brexit party would need to go from none to about 250 MPs, pinching those from both Labour and the Conservatives, to manage that.

These are extraordinary times and I think this could happen.  If not they certainly could become the 'Kingmakers'.  ;)

While I wouldn't rule anything out, I think Kingmakers is the likely scenario of the two. I mean, who would have believed you 5yrs ago if you said the DUP would hold the whip hand in Westminster ::)

Daft food treatment processes aside, whoever is in No.10 after Brexit will be under massive pressure to do a deal, any deal with the US, because they will have just delivered Brexit and now have the singular goal of showing the plebs it's been a success.

In the trade negotiations, we would already be the weaker party being about 1/6th the size of their economy, added domestic pressure and a president whose whole administration is built on MAGA ensures we're going to be royally screwed over. Exactly as the majority voted for  :y

Having done a lot of business in the 1980's & 90's in the US & Europe, I would choose the US over any country with a Mediterranean coastline everytime. Americans are tough negotiators & have overly long complex contracts, but they will stick to the contract & you will get paid. Germany, Benelux & Scandinavian countries were also okay to deal with, but everywhere else in Europe not so good in terms of them sticking to contracts & you getting paid. Japan was excellent & they really like the English & a two page contract works with their honour based system & I also found Canada, Australia & New Zealand excellent. Asia, Middle East & South America had various challenges but were also small markets.

In 2018 US exported $141bn to UK and we exported $121bn to them, so there is not a great difference in what we both export to each other which make a sensible FTA to grow exports for both countries a good result all round for both sets of politicians & with 2020 being a Trump election year & Boris as PM will be looking for a good Brexit dividend there is a bit of pressure on both sides for a good deal. The fact that Donald Trump & Boris Johnson get on well will help.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09 July 2019, 10:00:40 »

A big fan of Hilary apparently.  ::)
A staunch communist then :D

Yeah, I reckon the Russians are behind all this; blame them! :D :D ;)

Now this morning the government investigation into the leak is considering whether it has been caused by "a hostile State" ;)

Russia is considered a prime possibility which to  me makes sense, and that is why I half jokingly suggested it. ;)
« Last Edit: 09 July 2019, 10:02:33 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09 July 2019, 10:04:06 »

....................has this got something to do with it? :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48919085

:D ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09 July 2019, 10:57:47 »

It would be convenient.

Is it not sad and worrying that another country has access to diplomatic emails.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 09 July 2019, 13:04:14 »

Our suicidal government have just given the ambassador their full backing, as Donald takes to twitter and ups the ante. We don't need Russia to be involved in a war, we can have one with our 'closest allies'.  ;D
Watch out for sanctions.
« Last Edit: 09 July 2019, 13:05:46 by STEMO »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09 July 2019, 14:08:49 »

Is this bloke and his supporters so self unaware that he/ they cant see how ludicrous it is currently, for a representative of  the UK to be calling the leadership of another country incompetent, inept and shambolic ?  ::) ??? :o ;D
Our political class have made this country an international laughing stock over the last three years.  >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09 July 2019, 14:26:36 »

Is this bloke and his supporters so self unaware that he/ they cant see how ludicrous it is currently, for a representative of  the UK to be calling the leadership of another country incompetent, inept and shambolic ?  ::) ??? :o ;D
Our political class have made this country an international laughing stock over the last three years.  >:(

Agreed 100%.  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09 July 2019, 14:39:34 »

It's an Ambassador's job to report back candidly on the situation in the country that he/she is stationed in.  ::)

Why he felt compelled to state the bleeding obvious in writing is another matter!   ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.