Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lanoguard  (Read 2653 times)

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
Lanoguard
« on: 21 February 2021, 12:26:41 »

This product seems to have popped up on Facebook for spraying under your car and was wondering your thoughts on such things

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Lanoguard
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2021, 12:55:25 »

General rule of thumb, if anything is posted on arsebook, ignore it.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2021, 13:01:16 »

Always used Waxoyl in the past well proven product, but no doubt some will disagree ,wouldn't purchase anything from  FB I've been told that there are a lot of scams on it.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2021, 17:42:20 »

Seen the ads, so they are saying spraying this without any preparation will fix all rusty evils..... Wonder why the car manufacturers don't use it then  ::) ;D ;D

Having had one of my cars treated and undersealed at Rustbuster and another one done by myself with a kit from Rustbuster i'm pretty sure there's a bit more to it than spraying a rattle can of nothing special over anything that looks rusty with no preparation ie. no cleaning to remove road salt, no taking back to clean metal of any surface rust, no surface prep and rust inhibiting primer, no epoxy based coating....

B52

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
  • 02 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2021, 10:06:33 »

^ This. I had the Holden done with Dinitrol - took most of a week to prep and complete.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2021, 14:25:55 »

Dinitrol or Bilt Hamber, Waxoyl is a bit to last Millenium and not as good as the more developed alternatives.  :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 February 2021, 15:16:26 »

And make sure you park it on someone else's drive for a week or 2 till it stops dripping  ;D

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2021, 18:04:29 »

Waxoyl is a cavity wax , and is very good at that job.
It also  has to be applied with a suitable air fed gun /applicator not the issp poor squirty thing that is often suggested . I use a trigger oil can with tube extension too.
Applied properly and regularily it WILL prolong the life of any car .
I sold an Opel Manta that I owned for 35 years in 2012 and it is now owned by a chap 35 miles from me . It has never been welded and is as good as new due to waxoyl. I have a Transit van that I have waxoyled since I got it and nearly all of a similar age are gone mine flies through the stringent commercial annual test each year .
My Omega has been waxoyled everywhere doors/sills/wheel arches/tailgate/under liners/chassis legs and is unmarked .I smirk when I read about rust in the arches and sills because that is down to no measures being taken to prevent it .
My BMW is flooded with the stuff .
I listen to all those who decry Waxoyl and just laugh ....
Waxoyling any vehicle is a really messy dirty and time consuming task and if you don't get filthy when doing it , you haven't done it right .
You get nothing for nothing when it comes to preventing rust on a vehicle .
Oh , and if you are too tight to buy it make your own .
Grated candle wax , chain bar oil and white spirit mixed together and kitchen blender . The consistency can be adjusted to suit any application .Google it because it's good and it works , I been using home made waxoyl for several years now.
Don't use it on any surface that will be abraded by road spray , clean /prep/dry and apply several layers of Gravitex for those areas .
And don't think it's a one hit solution , you have to keep on top of it by regular inspection and reapplication if necessary .
There .....!

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2021, 18:28:00 »

The difference, as highlighted above, is to get there with the protection before the rust starts, once it starts you have a bigger battle on your hands.  :'(

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2021, 19:04:53 »

The project Mk2 Golf of Horrors is slowly coming along. I have soent far too long stripping the old underseal off. Hot air gun and a scraper is the best way.

Once thats done, a good wire brush to remove any loose bits (and show any holes). A brush of Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80 onto any surface rust, then a good zonc primer on bare metal.

Then top it with BH underbody, is the ultimate plan. Its slow but worth doing properly, once...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 February 2021, 20:09:39 »

Apparently dry ice is a thing for stripping off factory underseal :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 February 2021, 20:24:28 »

Don't know about underseal but it works when removing the hardened noise suppression pads stuck to the floorpan of most cars.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 February 2021, 20:28:03 »

Don't know about underseal but it works when removing the hardened noise suppression pads stuck to the floorpan of most cars.
It removes fingers too, if you're not careful  ;D
Diesel till I die

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 February 2021, 20:31:34 »

Waxoyl is a cavity wax , and is very good at that job.
It also  has to be applied with a suitable air fed gun /applicator not the issp poor squirty thing that is often suggested . I use a trigger oil can with tube extension too.
Applied properly and regularily it WILL prolong the life of any car .
I sold an Opel Manta that I owned for 35 years in 2012 and it is now owned by a chap 35 miles from me . It has never been welded and is as good as new due to waxoyl. I have a Transit van that I have waxoyled since I got it and nearly all of a similar age are gone mine flies through the stringent commercial annual test each year .
My Omega has been waxoyled everywhere doors/sills/wheel arches/tailgate/under liners/chassis legs and is unmarked .I smirk when I read about rust in the arches and sills because that is down to no measures being taken to prevent it .
My BMW is flooded with the stuff .
I listen to all those who decry Waxoyl and just laugh ....
Waxoyling any vehicle is a really messy dirty and time consuming task and if you don't get filthy when doing it , you haven't done it right .
You get nothing for nothing when it comes to preventing rust on a vehicle .
Oh , and if you are too tight to buy it make your own .
Grated candle wax , chain bar oil and white spirit mixed together and kitchen blender . The consistency can be adjusted to suit any application .Google it because it's good and it works , I been using home made waxoyl for several years now.
Don't use it on any surface that will be abraded by road spray , clean /prep/dry and apply several layers of Gravitex for those areas .
And don't think it's a one hit solution , you have to keep on top of it by regular inspection and reapplication if necessary .
There .....!

100% agree here yes. mine were all wayoyled years ago and now just need a spring check over to see what the winter has done / repair as or if and recoat and thenwere off for another year.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 February 2021, 20:32:19 »

must admit thou, the lanoguard stuff does sound very plausible
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.