Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap luxury motoring  (Read 1431 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
Cheap luxury motoring
« on: 05 February 2016, 12:03:32 »

Here is V828KOV, my most recent purchase. Vendor had bought the car in Portugal last year to tow his caravan home. He had some local engineer sort it to make the journey, and fit a tow bar; it made it back to England, where he got it through an MOT and put in on e-bay for sale.

I bought it in Clacton and got it home all right. I was aware the rear windows did not work, that it needed a new exhaust, and the aircon did not work. It is a 2000 petrol manual 2.5 Omega CDX estate, like the silver car behind it, but a prefacelift. Virtually rust free below, if tatty above. I have fitted rear doors and an exhaust I had spare, coil pack plugs and leads, done many minor repairs with much help from forum members all at little cost. The only major expense was changing a leaking clutch slave cylinder,  that was just bad luck, cost £200 with new clutch. Sound system is an excellent CCRT radio/cassette/6 disc CD system, though CD changer is fussy.

Yesterday son Ben asked to borrow it to carry a ton of building rubble to the tip. I pointed out it was a top of the range luxury car, not a builder's van. Some people don't appreciate quality.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kbegnzhd0wpzap/V828KOV50%25.jpg?dl=0

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap luxury motoring
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2016, 18:20:53 »

Looks like a polar sea blue colour and in very good condition . These wippa snappers need to respect these old caravans  :( I have seen a few omegas used as builders rubble trucks , they run them into the ground till they fall apart . There was one near me that i nearly bought but had no room at the time for it  ::)
Omegatitis

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2016, 18:50:26 »

Yesterday son Ben asked to borrow it to carry a ton of building rubble to the tip. I pointed out it was a top of the range luxury car, not a builder's van. Some people don't appreciate quality.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kbegnzhd0wpzap/V828KOV50%25.jpg?dl=0

The whole point of having an estate is so you can pile it full of stuff and take it somewhere else.
As an Elite mine is top of the range, and I'd have no qualms about piling a load of rubble in it. Or engines; the trees we cut down in my sister's garden; her old sofa; a couple of fridges and on one occasion a beach buggy body. Being able to do that whenever I want, with no notice goes a long way to justifying the costs of running a large car. I do have a heavy-duty fitted rubber mat for the boot, which makes carrying dirty stuff easier.
« Last Edit: 05 February 2016, 18:52:37 by Nick W »

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2016, 19:13:56 »

ATEOTD its just a car....

Iv taken lots of dirty horrible stuff to the tip many many times with my Elite saloon, didn't even think twice about putting the shit in the boot and going down the tip with it...

I now use my Mini, which is worth a shit load more than my Omega, that tows a trailer anytime I need to take crapto the tip....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2016, 19:40:07 »

Looks very luxurious, in a beat up old estate kind of way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.