Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dealer prices  (Read 1138 times)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
Dealer prices
« on: 08 February 2016, 14:45:46 »

Just been to the dealers for a few bits, so I asked them how much a new cat was for the 3.2 and the answer was £1050 + vat but we don't do them anymore. Just as well at that price. That's each side by the way.

New oil cooler kit for 3.2 is £165 + vat so £198 but that's not trade price. Looks like dealer's are starting to push the prices over the top for the old Mig's now >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Dealer prices
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2016, 15:05:26 »

an OE cat has always been silly money

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2016, 15:22:39 »

For old stock a large part of the cost is paying for 13 years of storage and inventory control. Eventually, someone will decide that the space/time is better used for new parts, and will devalue the existing stock. And then a storeman will dump the lot in a skip.

The more common service parts like oil, filters plugs etc are current stock(for several vehicles) and can be sold cheaper because they are easily replaced due to demand

2boxerdogs

« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2016, 15:45:06 »

I know when my 2.6 failed a couple of years ago on the exhaust system the dealer told me that a new OE part was around £700 but as the car was over 10/years old they could discount it down to around the £300 mark.

ted_one

« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2016, 17:31:27 »

How do you feel about aftermarket units? mine all have cats from think....cats to u,fitted a couple of years back and during the MOT last week up at Serek's the tester remarked on how clean the cars were running, and thinking back to how much they were.....£75 each for the 3.0 ltr type approved which went onto my two 3.2's and also another set for my 3.0 ltr so a tad over £450 to do the lot.Also O2 sensors dealt with as new full exhaust systems fitted at the same time :y Have no complaints what so ever :)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2016, 17:43:44 »

How do you feel about aftermarket units? mine all have cats from think....cats to u,fitted a couple of years back and during the MOT last week up at Serek's the tester remarked on how clean the cars were running, and thinking back to how much they were.....£75 each for the 3.0 ltr type approved which went onto my two 3.2's and also another set for my 3.0 ltr so a tad over £450 to do the lot.Also O2 sensors dealt with as new full exhaust systems fitted at the same time :y Have no complaints what so ever :)

Just been on there web site, £197 a side with the VAT.

ted_one

« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2016, 17:56:02 »

Are'nt you going to put the 3.0 ltr approved cats on your 3.2...cheaper and work better :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2016, 20:31:34 »

Are'nt you going to put the 3.0Ltr approved cats on your 3.2...cheaper and work better :y

Wish I could find another pair.
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.