Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climate Control Servo Motors  (Read 689 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Climate Control Servo Motors
« on: 09 February 2012, 16:12:10 »

After having a fairly major water leak from one of the pipes that feeds the heater matrix all is no back together,water tight and just awaiting warmer weather before I glue back the pieces of the dash board trim that I needed to  ;D adjust  ;D

Having been having issues with getting a good air flow to the footwell so decided to investigate what and how it all works.

If looking at the heater matrix through from the drivers footwell there is a thin metal arm that is connected to an elbow swivel at thl/h end closest the seat and at the other end is a small black plastic servo motor that has a wired connection and behind it the other end of the metal arm.Now I am assuming at some point in the climate dash board commands this arm must move as controlled by the electric servo ??

Point is in every position I set the climate on the dial and at varying temperature settings this arm does not move.I have checked the electric connection and it is showing a current but the metal arm is not budging.

Could this servo have been damaged by having a pretty good coolant shower and has infact seized or shorted out,as I don,t want to force the metal arm too much in case something gets broken.

Any advise gladly received :y 

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Climate Control Servo Motors
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2012, 17:20:35 »

I have changed a couple of the motors, but with having dual climate the side not working was the problem and not changing from hot to cold, but the other side was working...
Check the other side to see if that ones working or not...
The motors are easy to swap too.
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2012, 18:04:48 »

Top man Daz,hope you are well !

I had a look under the trim with the help of a mirror and torch and that seems to move although unsure what setting on the climate panle makes it work.

Would I be correct in thinking that the bottom servo controls the amount of cold air mixes with the hot from the matrix ? and if so that would probably account for why I am not getting pipping hot heat despite both feed pipes to/from matrix being very hot and certain matrix is clear of crud.

Will post up in wanted for both sides as imagine they won,t break the bank ;D and replace the easiest one to get at first and go from there. :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2012, 18:14:13 »

Its a long time since I did this but from memory when the car was at HI, I got down into the drivers footwell, then pressed or turned the climate control to LO (difficult with your head down there) you should then see the rods moving... If not then I would suggest swapping the motor or motors. I would assume they must be connected to the heater somehow, unless they just work the flaps.

Albs, Twiglet, Serek maybe worth PMing for the motors :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2012, 18:18:45 »

Spent a fair while upside down in the drivers footwell and with any temperature and any position the arm didn,t move so imagine the servo is knackered possibly from having a good coolant shower.

When climate on hot you can still feel cold air coming through so assume it is a flap lever to regulate the amount of cold air than mixes with the hot..well something like that.

Will get both side servos and arms and go from there as if I have all the stuff possible then what ever the fault I can fix it  ;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2012, 18:22:07 »

You will do it easily :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.