Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - abs speed sensor oppsed  (Read 1152 times)

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Help - abs speed sensor oppsed
« on: 21 July 2007, 16:24:54 »

Had the abs light come on played about with the relays and the light would go out after ignition switch on.

Spin either of the front wheels and the abs light flashes back on.

I had a look at the sensors and discovered the passenger side front speed sensor has broken the casing had shattered so I thought I'd remove it totally for the time being and replace.

I contacted VX to find out how much a new sensor was and was told they are part of the hub which to me is rubbish as its held in place by one star type bolt and to me they should just push in like the rear ones into the rear dif.

Can anyone tell me if the sensor can be bought without the hub and if so can anyone give the part numbers as I just dont know what to do now.

VX quoted me £125 for a new hub which is with 5% discount.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Re: Help - abs speed sensor oppsed
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2007, 16:58:17 »

:-/ anyone got a copy of the unmentionable program to check the part numbers for me please.

All help would be much appreciated as the MOT is getting closer.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2007, 20:13:16 »

Its very rare for thes to fail so get a second hand one....try james....

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2007, 09:29:52 »

Does that mean that the sensor is part of the hub then and is not available separately then?
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2007, 11:41:53 »

Had the abs light come on played about with the relays and the light would go out after ignition switch on.

I had a look at the sensors and discovered the passenger side front speed sensor has broken the casing had shattered so I thought I'd remove it totally for the time being and replace.

I contacted VX to find out how much a new sensor was and was told they are part of the hub which to me is rubbish as its held in place by one star type bolt and to me they should just push in like the rear ones into the rear dif.

Can anyone tell me if the sensor can be bought without the hub and if so can anyone give the part numbers as I just dont know what to do now.

The reluctor ring is part of hub, sensor is seperate. Flippin muppets.  How can a wired sensor be part of a hub that spins??

Part:
SENSOR, FRONT AXLE REVOLUTIONS (IDENT CU)    90509421 62 38 330 2  
Grumpy old man

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2007, 22:00:26 »

The reluctor ring is part of hub, sensor is seperate. Flippin muppets.  How can a wired sensor be part of a hub that spins??

Part:
SENSOR, FRONT AXLE REVOLUTIONS (IDENT CU)    90509421 62 38 330 2  

Jaime thankyou very much for your help its much appreciated.

I have two hubs from issunaz which have the sensors in according to my dad so shall be having a look asap.

VX quoted for 1 sensor £55 + vat in the end as I quoted the part number i managed to piece together from the old sensor.

If the sensor i already have are faulty vx maybe my next move.

monza789

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2007, 23:04:59 »

Hi mate...try Autovaux up in wakefield.....they get the same genuine items as VX but at a much better price.  The parts even come in genuine GM packaging...!!

monza

bikerman164

• Barnsley
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 July 2007, 19:59:06 »

Had to replace one of my front sensors recently. Took the disc off and used a small drift to push out the sensor. The centre of the sensor cam out first and had to spend 10 mins cleaning out the outer casing. Getting the new one in was not that easy ended up using a soft hammer to get it in after making sure it was lined up correctly with the bolt hole. Oh yes give the excitor ring a clean before you put it all back together. just saves you doing it later.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2007, 15:15:44 »

Had to replace one of my front sensors recently. Took the disc off and used a small drift to push out the sensor. The centre of the sensor cam out first and had to spend 10 mins cleaning out the outer casing. Getting the new one in was not that easy ended up using a soft hammer to get it in after making sure it was lined up correctly with the bolt hole. Oh yes give the excitor ring a clean before you put it all back together. just saves you doing it later.

When you say excitor ring do you mean the piece on the rear of the hub looks like a cog effect access is only minimal from the hole from where the sensor was.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2007, 15:18:45 »

Hi mate...try Autovaux up in wakefield.....they get the same genuine items as VX but at a much better price.  The parts even come in genuine GM packaging...!!

monza

Cheers for the suggestion :y I tried them the day I took the sensor out unfortunately I had just missed them must have shut early.

Shall see if jamesv6cdx has any luck before calling them again.

Car still runs just got to deal with the light for the moment, although ideally i will need to sort it as the MOT having rechecked is due next month.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.