Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do my posts keep disappearing?  (Read 3562 times)

Ian1

• Weston-super-Mare
    • Omega 2.5 Tourer
    • View Profile
Why do my posts keep disappearing?
« on: 28 May 2015, 07:35:08 »

As per the subject. One disappeared because it was a for sale in the wrong place, the next one (posted last night) questioning for sale issues has also disappeared. They don't show in my profile either. How will I ever get past being new if I can't post? Am I wasting my time with this forum?

Ian

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
Re: Why do my posts keep disappearing?
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2015, 08:38:25 »

If you keep trying to circumnavigate the rules then that will happen!   :-[

You have read the rules but it doesn't seem to have sunk in!   ::)

This lot are a friendly bunch on here, try and get involved!   :y

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2015, 08:57:56 »

Try some general chat, help section posts first and you will soon get into it  :y
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

Ian1

• Weston-super-Mare
    • Omega 2.5 Tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2015, 13:01:17 »

The rules aren't a problem and I don't doubt how helpful and pleasant everyone is on here. I am, however, trying to sell my current Omega and my first thought was that someone on here might make better use of it than as a general "banger/runaround". However, I didn't expect to have to spend weeks on here posting first in order to sell something. I am on quite a few other motoring forums and have never come up against a rule like this before. Usually people are quite keen to see relevant sales before they get put out to the general public.

Oh well, if I still have it by the time I have made 250 posts I may put it on here. Otherwise, if you are after a (relatively) rare Tourer at an inflated price keep watching eBay and various other car sites.

Thank you,

Ian

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2015, 15:01:18 »

The rules, in their current form, exist for a reason...

If you wish for your postcount to rise, then it would probably help to post in any other section as neither the welcome section nor the test zone add to your count ;)

Had the last two posts been in Gen Dis, for example, then you would have doubled your post count already today ::)

Get stuck in, there are nearly 127,000 different topics to choose from, and in a couple of weeks time, you'll have your advert in the right place and people will also have a sense of who you are :y

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2015, 19:01:54 »

Sorry I just do not understand why some people ( newcomers ) complain about this part of the rules,it is there for a reason..We were all new at the start and because we are genuine omega owners we join in where we can on the discussions and help which not only helps with our post count but most importantly these guys on here help us all with our omega problems and its all for free and what we learn on here we can then pass on and help others,,,If it is a free ad to sell a car that you require then Gum tree is there for all to use and thats free,,,so come join in and have a laugh and a bit of banter,it is a great forum to be involved with and before you know where you are you will have reached the required posts,by which time you will be so involved on here that posts will not matter. :y :y

Ian1

• Weston-super-Mare
    • Omega 2.5 Tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2015, 12:22:19 »

Ah, that was the part I didn't understand - "genuine" Omega owners. I wonder how many more years I'll have to own an Omega (or two) for before I'm considered a "genuine" Omega owner.
 :)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2015, 14:00:07 »

Generally it's a two-Omega minimum  :y But we're not hoity-toity, you're still welcome  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Ian1

• Weston-super-Mare
    • Omega 2.5 Tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2015, 16:06:15 »

:y

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2015, 18:16:53 »

It matters not if you own one or more omegas,,I only have one and there are members on here that own several,,and other makes of cars...,So we are all bound to need and maybe share advice on the omegas.and others.....so just come on in and have a laugh and we will learn a lot with these guys on here that give up their free time to keep this forum running and giving us their free advice,,,come on give it a try. :y :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2015, 19:00:27 »

Ultimately the rules were put in place because, while 99.9999% of people are genuine, trustworthy people (much like yourself I imagine), there was an issue where the forum just happened to suffer because the 00.0001% of people that seek to extract cash deposits or sell something that they probably don't own etc etc. At that point who do you think the purchaser thought should sort out there problems when the seller disappeared off never to be seen again....?

MV6Gaz

• Reading
    • 02 MV6 3.2 estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 June 2015, 11:20:44 »

Hi and welcome to the forum  :y
05 Volvo S80 D5, 98 V70 TDI, 99 V70 SE

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2015, 08:33:45 »

Ah, that was the part I didn't understand - "genuine" Omega owners. I wonder how many more years I'll have to own an Omega (or two) for before I'm considered a "genuine" Omega owner.
 :)

As someone once said we are all in this together  :D Hope you like fixing stuff , fear not we will help you when we can  :y
Omegatitis

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2015, 09:22:56 »

The lad's going to have to do a bit better than 8 posts in 203 days if he wants to get his post count up to 250...  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 June 2015, 13:46:46 »

The rules aren't a problem and I don't doubt how helpful and pleasant everyone is on here. I am, however, trying to sell my current Omega and my first thought was that someone on here might make better use of it than as a general "banger/runaround". However, I didn't expect to have to spend weeks on here posting first in order to sell something. I am on quite a few other motoring forums and have never come up against a rule like this before. Usually people are quite keen to see relevant sales before they get put out to the general public.

Oh well, if I still have it by the time I have made 250 posts I may put it on here. Otherwise, if you are after a (relatively) rare Tourer at an inflated price keep watching eBay and various other car sites.

Thank you,

Ian

Speechless.  ::), obviously didn't work first few attempts, hence why the posts where deleted, so why not give it another shot in the Newbie section.
« Last Edit: 04 June 2015, 13:50:48 by zirk »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.