Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crimp terminals and housings  (Read 2119 times)

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
Crimp terminals and housings
« on: 04 March 2007, 20:57:14 »

Does anyone know where I can source uninsulated crimping terminals and housings?

This is a two part question actually, because my immediate need is for ISO connector terminals (female), but more generally I'd like to know if it's possible to source any of the different Vauxhall terminals and housings. The local Vx dealer says "not available".

The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

bogit

• Northampton
  • yes i do know its missing 2 wheels :)
    • View Profile
Re: Crimp terminals and housings
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2007, 23:25:02 »

Maplins , or your local lucas agent
dash bulbs replaced,ecc sorted,atf to go, door blowers-maybe

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2007, 23:34:29 »

Thanks Bogit, I tried Maplins, but could only see the male terminals - will check with them tomorrow as I'm going in.

Installing the NCDC and CID over the next two days then getting them hitched up at VX on Friday :)
The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2007, 10:52:14 »

I got a rather nice set of crimp terminals from Screwfix.  I don't recall if there were uninsulated ones though.  The set was cheap and saves getting ripped of in Halfrauds on their £1.10 for 4 connectors deals!

If Screwfix does not come up with uninsulated ones, try Farnell.

For the other housings, I seem to recall an ad that Practical Classics magazine carried about wiring looms.  I was a reader years ago but the ad could still feature in the magazine.  Stroll along to your local WH Smiths and have a browse! ;D

Hope this helps.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 March 2007, 12:11:08 »

I guess you are after the 12 way (or maybe it was 10 way) 0.1inch pitch double row connector for the CID colour functions then......

Good luck, because I have not found a supplier yet although I suspect you could butcher a standard IDC connector....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2007, 12:26:14 »

Thanks Bogit, I tried Maplins, but could only see the male terminals - will check with them tomorrow as I'm going in.

Installing the NCDC and CID over the next two days then getting them hitched up at VX on Friday :)
The NCDC and the CID are a good combo (esp with Bose), and look very nice.  Ensure whoever pairs them goes into CID and does 'F1 Contrast Adjustment' to get colours right ;)
Grumpy old man

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 March 2007, 12:55:48 »

The NCDC and the CID are a good combo (esp with Bose), and look very nice.  Ensure whoever pairs them goes into CID and does 'F1 Contrast Adjustment' to get colours right ;)
Thanks for the tip TB, I'll keep that in mind (I've also got a Bose unit to install :) guess that'll have to be done all at the same time - TECH2 to change to line-out on the NCDC?)

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 March 2007, 13:03:30 »

I guess you are after the 12 way (or maybe it was 10 way) 0.1inch pitch double row connector for the CID colour functions then......

Good luck, because I have not found a supplier yet although I suspect you could butcher a standard IDC connector....

Luckily I've got that one, I managed to buy mine from Germany (eBay.de) I used Altavista Babelfish to help me translate, and had to send the money as cash via registered post (I've never had a problem with this method).

This is the link to the item I bought (don't look at the price :-[) He said he only had the one, but I'm sure I saw the same photograph on another item item on eBay.de. Worth checking there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110090306648&rd=1&rd=1

What's very interesting is that it seems custom made, although it works perfectly on the bench. I'm sure these connectors can be sourced easily in Germany.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 March 2007, 13:31:38 »

Are there any markings and/or numbers on the CID end connector?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 March 2007, 14:42:35 »

Thanks for the tip TB, I'll keep that in mind (I've also got a Bose unit to install :) guess that'll have to be done all at the same time - TECH2 to change to line-out on the NCDC?)
Yes, Tech2 required to set the configs, inc bose and default language etc...
Grumpy old man

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 March 2007, 22:53:15 »

Are there any markings and/or numbers on the CID end connector?
Looks like it's an AMP connector, same swingover latch design as the main 32 pin connector.
here are some closeups

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.