Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What a difference with these tyres !  (Read 1595 times)

2boxerdogs

What a difference with these tyres !
« on: 26 December 2018, 21:01:03 »

Had a new set of tyres on the Terracan a few days ago always had Hankook from new couldn't get a set from my local tyre shop but was recommended Yokohama for around the same price ,all terrain all weather . They are far superior less road noise & the vehicle feels much more "planted" on the road surface plus a real chunkier look to the tyres , a good choice in my opinion.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: What a difference with these tyres !
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2018, 22:28:16 »

Exactly why I’m changing my shite 4 year old budgets to Kumhos (who I believe are also manufactured by Yokohama).

The grip is fine in the dry. Any rain and they’re unstable as fek!

However money dictates 😢 so will order them on January pay day 👍
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2018, 00:24:11 »

Had a new set of tyres on the Terracan a few days ago always had Hankook from new couldn't get a set from my local tyre shop but was recommended Yokohama for around the same price ,all terrain all weather . They are far superior less road noise & the vehicle feels much more "planted" on the road surface plus a real chunkier look to the tyres , a good choice in my opinion.

Cheers for the recommendation  :y.

Ours currently has general grabbers on which seem ok but pricey. Then again, they pulled us, and some idiot's hatchback off a Cornish beach today, so can't be bad.  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2018, 02:00:40 »

Michelin Cross. Perform well on dry roads. OK off road which I do most days.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2018, 10:30:45 »

Although people from the "black and round" brigade, who see tyres as an inconvenience at MOT time, will disagree, tyres make a huge difference, so your change from a shitty budget Hanook to a decent mid range will make a noticeable difference, especially in colder months, and when the roads are a bit damp.

Same goes for you, Webby - the Kuhmo is a good tyre for those not looking to exploit the Omega's pretty decent handling. Its a step or 2 below the top end stuff, but works pretty well. Just don't go looking for the limits, as it's a poor tyre for driver feedback.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 December 2018, 10:33:22 »

Obviously, a good top end tyre is better again, but there has to be a compromise option somewhere, as premium tyres hurt when they need replacing.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 December 2018, 16:06:41 »

Obviously, a good top end tyre is better again, but there has to be a compromise option somewhere, as premium tyres hurt when they need replacing.

Which they often do when you have a car like the Omega or my BMW E39 where the suspension set up seems quite sensitive.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 December 2018, 16:32:39 »

Which they often do when you have a car like the Omega or my BMW E39 where the suspension set up seems quite sensitive:-\

Too much coal perhaps.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 December 2018, 17:02:23 »

Which they often do when you have a car like the Omega or my BMW E39 where the suspension set up seems quite sensitive:-\

Too much coal perhaps.

You might be right M'lud, as it's my general workhorse all sorts of shite has been chucked in the back of it!  Don't remember any coal though, but you never know!  :)

I'm starting to think that she's too good for the use and abuse I giver her, so I might semi retire her and treat her like the modern classic she deserves to be!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 December 2018, 17:28:52 »

Too much coal perhaps.

You might be right M'lud, as it's my general workhorse all sorts of shite has been chucked in the back of it!  Don't remember any coal though, but you never know!  :)

I'm starting to think that she's too good for the use and abuse I giver her, so I might semi retire her and treat her like the modern classic she deserves to be!  :y

Is this a euphemism for ' I'm thinking about having her cubed'?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.