Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New IRA  (Read 3277 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
New IRA
« on: 19 April 2019, 08:21:55 »

Tragic death of the journalist.

Lets hope the New IRA doesn't gain traction. There would be those that would benefit from it doing so.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: New IRA
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2019, 09:53:53 »

New IRA / old IRA  they never went away and certainly never handed in and or decommisioned the bulk of their weapons despite what de Chastelain, Blair and Ahern said ..... ::)
The funding from sympathisers in USA was drying up so they knew that they would never get replacements and unlike 1916 these weapons were not wrapped in an old sack and buried in the cold damp ground , it is believed that they are in humidity controlled environments under the most modern of facilities.
The ROI even recognises that the " army " still exist and that they are utterly ungovernable .
It's nigh on impossible to understand the mindset of that group , and their supporters , unless you live in Ireland .
My sympathies to the victims family .

2boxerdogs

« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2019, 10:41:04 »

New IRA / old IRA  they never went away and certainly never handed in and or decommisioned the bulk of their weapons despite what de Chastelain, Blair and Ahern said ..... ::)
The funding from sympathisers in USA was drying up so they knew that they would never get replacements and unlike 1916 these weapons were not wrapped in an old sack and buried in the cold damp ground , it is believed that they are in humidity controlled environments under the most modern of facilities.
The ROI even recognises that the " army " still exist and that they are utterly ungovernable .
It's nigh on impossible to understand the mindset of that group , and their supporters , unless you live in Ireland .

You are so right, unless you have been there you will have no idea of the mindset of these band of people.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2019, 14:17:09 »

That is the crucial fact, and why I for one, an Englishwoman who has never even visited Ireland, will never try and give answers to the obvious problems now, as I did not during "the Troubles" that I witnessed from 1968.

All I will say is that it is interesting how all political parties in Ireland are distancing themselves from these latest events, with even Sein Fein stating these people have no part in modern day Ireland and do not represent the Irish people.

That is all I will and can say on this subject ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2019, 15:36:58 »

Sinn Fein have to say that in order to maintain any shred of legitimacy. Otherwise they are no more than a Press Office for a terrorist organization. *

*it could reasonably be argued that the thin veneer of democratic representation is simply that. A thin veneer :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2019, 17:51:46 »

This ^.

Sinn Fein are hypocrites. They, along with Varadkar, Brussells, and half of the UK political establishment, are constantly issuing thinly veiled threats that the bad old days will return to N.I. and the rest of the U.K. if we don't do as were told re Brexit.
The blonde bombshell leader is from a family of ruthless IRA murderers, whom she speaks of in worshipful tones.
All the older members of Sin Fein are former IRA terrorists who have carried out unspeakable atrocities, but now present themselves as Irish Mandelas, while trying to get British soldiers locked up for murder, because they tried to defend innocent UK people against them while they were terrorists.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2019, 19:22:12 »

This ^.

Sinn Fein are hypocrites. They, along with Varadkar, Brussells, and half of the UK political establishment, are constantly issuing thinly veiled threats that the bad old days will return to N.I. and the rest of the U.K. if we don't do as were told re Brexit.
The blonde bombshell leader is from a family of ruthless IRA murderers, whom she speaks of in worshipful tones.
All the older members of Sin Fein are former IRA terrorists who have carried out unspeakable atrocities, but now present themselves as Irish Mandelas, while trying to get British soldiers locked up for murder, because they tried to defend innocent UK people against them while they were terrorists.

Absolutely disgusted at the treatment of Soldiers who served over there, what we experienced over there beggars belief , cannot put into words how I feel about this.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 April 2019, 22:08:41 »

You and me both. Im pretty sure they will start on ex police soon too.  >:( >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2019, 09:43:35 »

Surely the solution, and to help with the (thinly veneered excuse for not wanted a Brexit deal) Irish border problem, is to unite Ireland....

:P

But then to (slightly mis) quote Olympia, the mindset is as hard and definite as that of anyone who cares about EU/Brexit, and the other side are evil.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2019, 10:36:08 »

Surely the solution, and to help with the (thinly veneered excuse for not wanted a Brexit deal) Irish border problem, is to unite Ireland....

:P

But then to (slightly mis) quote Olympia, the mindset is as hard and definite as that of anyone who cares about EU/Brexit, and the other side are evil.

If they were to hold the referenda both in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland required to start the process of reuniting Ireland and the people voted for it, Britain should make a solemn commitment never to interfere with Ireland ever again. Whatever happens. 

Even when they start massacring each other we should stand back and let the Yanks, EU, China, UN or whoever sort it out.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2019, 13:34:54 »

Northern Ireland is one of the four countries of the UK, and its people are at least as British as you are. There have been referenda on the subject in the past, which is why the republicans tried to murder and terrorise their way to victory, because they couldnt do it democratically.
Until there is a solid majority in Norn irn who want to leave the UK then its status must be protected at all costs.
Far too many good innocent people have paid the ultimate price, to just wave the white flag for the sake of expediency.

I see Barnier has proved my point about thinly veiled threats this morning, with is comments on the recent murder.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2019, 13:39:00 by Migv6 »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2019, 14:25:36 »

Northern Ireland is one of the four countries of the UK, and its people are at least as British as you are. There have been referenda on the subject in the past, which is why the republicans tried to murder and terrorise their way to victory, because they couldnt do it democratically.
Until there is a solid majority in Norn irn who want to leave the UK then its status must be protected at all costs.
Far too many good innocent people have paid the ultimate price, to just wave the white flag for the sake of expediency.

I see Barnier has proved my point about thinly veiled threats this morning, with is comments on the recent murder.

I don't disagree with any of this Albs, but since the referendum there have been increasing calls for a united Ireland and mostly in my opinion from lefty middle class suburban English remainers who probably have little understanding of the demons that any attempts of unification would unleash.  ::)

To start the process of Irish reunification there has to be separate referenda in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland both of  which has to achieve a positive result for unification.  This is all set out in the Belfast/Good Friday Agreement, but Brexit or no Brexit I don't believe either side will ever vote for it.  :-\

My point was simply that if the Republic and Northern Ireland did decide to unify, then Britain should stay well out of it.  Whatever happens across the Irish Sea!  :-X
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 April 2019, 17:51:49 »

Due to history its hard to see how Britain could ever completely stay out of it tbh. Citizens of ROI still have the right to live in the UK (regardless of Brexit) for some reason - just as an example of how things are intertwined.
It could only work, a long time in the future when there was a very solid majority for it, and the minority don't  feel anything like as strongly as they do now.
I think most people from both sides over there  understand this, which is why the veiled threats aren't cureently credible imo.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 April 2019, 18:39:47 »

I said months ago the solution to the hard border problem would be to sell Northern Ireland to the EU. The price then was 1.4 trillion. I have revised the price up now to 1.8 trillion ( coincidentally the same as the UK national debt). This time next year it will be 2.2 trillion as Corbyn will by then have boosted the national debt further.  We would of course save a useful part of Northern Ireland , say Belfast and its port so we had something akin to Gibraltar to quibble over for millenia to come.

people could stay and become Irish Irish or move to the rest of UK and be compensated or move to elsewhere and not be compensated.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 April 2019, 01:08:22 »

Maybe London should sell the north of England to Scotland, or anyone else who wants to buy it ?  ::)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.