Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Not my lucky day - Elite goes bang!  (Read 2716 times)

albitz

Re: Not my lucky day - Elite goes bang!
« Reply #15 on: 18 June 2009, 17:54:33 »

I think you may be more unlucky than me,for various reasons mine has had 4 different rads in about 8 weeks,on Monday I was underneath it after having driven about 15 miles,tugging on bolt with spanner,spanner slipped and snapped pipe of the rad,nearside pipe to aux.coolant pump(I think thats what its called)as the coolant was still under pressure and very hot it sprayed all over my arms,so I spent the next 4 hours kneeling over a cold bath with my arms dipped in,too painful to take them out.I know a bit of pain never hurt anyone but christ this is pretty close,left wrist blistered to break,right armblistered and red from elbow to shoulder,my own stupid fault though so cant complain. ::)
Got another rad from the scrappy yesterday,fitted it today before coming to work,top union for gearbox cooler pissing out ATF,not sure yet if its the union/bolt/or just the copper washer too compressed,ran out of time so job resumes tomorrow. :(
« Last Edit: 18 June 2009, 22:43:57 by albitz »

Omega man 2

• Omega Knight
  • If all else fails, get out the oxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 June 2009, 18:12:36 »

I think you may be more unlucky than me,for various reasons mine has had 4 different rads in about 8 weeks,on Monday I was underneath it after having driven about 15 miles tugging on bolt with spanner,spanner slipped and snapped pipe of the rad,nearside pipe to aux.coolant pump(I think thats what its called)as the coolant was still under pressure and very hot it sprayed all over my arms,so I spent the next 4 hours kneeling over a cold bath with my arms dipped in,too painful to take them out.I know a bit of pain never hurt anyone but christ this is pretty close,left wrist blistered to break,right armblistered and red from elbow to shoulder,my own stupid fault though so cant complain. ::)
Got another rad from the scrappy yesterday,fitted it today before coming to work,top union for gearbox cooler pissing out ATF,not sure yet if its the union/bolt/or just the copper washer too compressed,ran out of time so job resumes tomorrow. :(

I'll see your radiator problems and I'll raise you

changing a blown engine only to find that the replacement is knackered in need of new piston rings and two pistons. Juggling work/collage/rebuilding top and bottem ends. Then when engine is fixed, bang goes the flywheel so out with the gearbox again .Phew ;D

albitz

« Reply #17 on: 18 June 2009, 22:42:50 »

Still think my rads + blisters beats your blown 4 pot. :y ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.