Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Boris Johnson gets a summons to appear in Court  (Read 5654 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Boris Johnson gets a summons to appear in Court
« on: 29 May 2019, 14:49:13 »

.....over the £350 Million we supposedly give to the EU every week Claims and the money will go to NHS malarkey, blah, blah, blah, in the 2016 Referendum Campaign.  ::)

I mean this is the "Odds On" guy who is set to be our next PM.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Boris Johnson gets a summons to appear in Court
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2019, 15:13:26 »

As Ive just posted in the other thread - £350 million a week is about right.
No-one ever said the NHS would receive that £350 million a week.
Next.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2019, 15:54:02 »

Digging as deep as I care to, it turns out the fudging / untruth arrived because the 'real' figure is 350million euros, not £350 million... this is about £308million... of that £308 mill a theoretical £78 million Britain get's 'back' from being in the Common Meerkat, meaning a net cost of 230mill.

Either way, of course the ppont, whether its £350, £308, £230 or a £squilliontwelvety million, it s chuffing llot of money we pay into a large pot for 'net', and that was the point being made by the Brexit campaign.

This feels a little like someone mentioning in passing Jack the Ripper brutally murdered six women, and being corrected that "actually it was only five" - well, yes.... true, as it turns out, sorry, he only brutally killed five... he was a Saint, then!

A politician tweaked the facts slightly for their benefit. I'm amazed!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2019, 16:01:12 »

That is Boris discredited although I always said he was damaged goods.

Just Raab and the as yet not in the race Steve Baker to get rid of and the way will be clear for a Brino. Even softer than T.Mays or we stay in the EU.

None of the lie peddlars from remain will get summoned. Hard to prove any of it. But once a person is clouded they are done for. 10/10 for the establishment effort.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2019, 16:06:46 »

Now his early entry in to the leadership race makes sense ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2019, 16:42:22 »

As I stated in other threads:

"The UK Statistics Authority, whilst the bus was still going around, made it clear that "£350 million" claim was "misleading and undermines trust in official statistics”as the net figure actually paid to the EU, after all considerations such as rebates and payments from the EU, according to Sir Andrew Dilnot, the chair of the authority, was nearer £136 million per week."

"It was false advertising which if stated alongside a product being sold on TV or in the general media would have been banned.  It was a blatant lie, and although it was proved to be at the time, general Joe Public who wanted to Leave still went along with it as once you advertise anything, true or false, a percentage will always believe it, especially if they believe in Boris.  He put his name to it and now, hopefully, he will pay for that con. :y"

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2019, 18:00:50 »

The implication absolutely was that the NHS would be getting it.  An implication made by the Tories on the Leave side, and brainwasher Nige.

I know, because I was absolutely livid...  ...not at the fact it was a lie (because the figures were blantantly utter 'dangle berries', and only the thickest of the thick (which turns out to be the majority of UK citizens :() would belive that), but because it was promised to the NHS. And we all know the NHS doesn't deserve it until they can show some element of efficiency.
Grumpy old man

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2019, 18:18:59 »

I think you are , again , besmirching the intelligence of those that voted to leave .
I voted leave but it wasn't because of what was written on the side of a bus , that well spewed belief is just another example of the remain camp accusing the leavers of being " thickest of the thick " . That my friend ,says more about you than I .

It's called hyperbole , and guess what , it has been used before .........

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2019, 18:39:15 »

I think you are , again , besmirching the intelligence of those that voted to leave .
I think you misunderstand, my friend.

Just because the majority of the UK population are stupid, and the majority of those that could be arsed to vote voted to leave, that does not make them one and the same ;).

I never said that leave voters were thick ;).  Sure, many are in my experience, but then again, many remainers are thick. Too thick even to bother voting.

Stupidity has been bred into our society for several decades, not just since around the spring of 2016.  Sadly, we allow them to breed, and then wonder why we are buggered.

As for the bus thing, nobody intelligent believed it.  But I can tell you from a random sample of people at the time - mostly leavers it has to be said - did believe it. In fact, it swayed their voting for their beloved waste of space NHS.
Grumpy old man

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2019, 18:54:59 »

Just because the majority of the UK population are stupid, and the majority of those that could be arsed to vote voted to leave, that does not make them one and the same ;).
Ah I see , your statement was based on your own view of the world , not factual.

I never said that leave voters were thick ;).  Sure, many are in my experience, but then again, many remainers are thick. Too thick even to bother voting.
Ah OK , so nobody's thick then both leave and remainers are normal sane people with differing views just so happened that on the day there were more sane leavers .

Stupidity has been bred into our society for several decades, not just since around the spring of 2016.  Sadly, we allow them to breed, and then wonder why we are buggered.
There you go again with that negative attitude ....

As for the bus thing, nobody intelligent believed it.
Thanks we knew that all along .. ;)
 But I can tell you from a random sample of people at the time - mostly leavers it has to be said - did believe it. In fact, it swayed their voting for their beloved waste of space NHS.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2019, 19:03:52 »

The implication absolutely was that the NHS would be getting it.  An implication made by the Tories on the Leave side, and brainwasher Nige.

I know, because I was absolutely livid...  ...not at the fact it was a lie (because the figures were blantantly utter 'dangle berries', and only the thickest of the thick (which turns out to be the majority of UK citizens :() would belive that), but because it was promised to the NHS. And we all know the NHS doesn't deserve it until they can show some element of efficiency.

Your wrong (again). Farage had no connection with that campaign and has stated several times that if he had, that slogan wouldn't have been used. I actually think that someone who read that slogan and took it as a pledge to spend an extra £350 million a week on the NHS is the thickest of the thick.
But I have never met a leaver (and I have met a lot) who voted leave because of what was written on the side of the bus.
Boris also said at the time that he believed that all of that money should be spent on the NHS and no doubt will be held to it if the establishment doesn't succeed in derailing his leadership campaign.
I agree that it would be wasted on the NHS as it is currently run, but what do I know. Im just the kid who didn't bother to turn up at the local comprehensive.

Theres a bigger issue at play here though. The Judiciary is taking part in an establishment conspiracy to try to stop a Brexiteer from becoming PM. if it isn't so then this case could have been brought at any time over the last three years.
Its disgusting and very worrying.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 19:06:16 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 May 2019, 19:19:58 »

Dont worry, the establishment have asked Bercow to stay on. He will put the kybosh on any Brexit moves.

Establishment 1 people 0

Things were better when the male toffs had the vote and the plebs just concentrated on managing to live.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2019, 19:21:55 »

Your wrong (again). Farage had no connection with that campaign and has stated several times that if he had, that slogan wouldn't have been used. I actually think that someone who read that slogan and took it as a pledge to spend an extra £350 million a week on the NHS is the thickest of the thick.
But I have never met a leaver (and I have met a lot) who voted leave because of what was written on the side of the bus.
Boris also said at the time that he believed that all of that money should be spent on the NHS and no doubt will be held to it if the establishment doesn't succeed in derailing his leadership campaign.
I agree that it would be wasted on the NHS as it is currently run, but what do I know. Im just the kid who didn't bother to turn up at the local comprehensive.

Theres a bigger issue at play here though. The Judiciary is taking part in an establishment conspiracy to try to stop a Brexiteer from becoming PM. if it isn't so then this case could have been brought at any time over the last three years.
Its disgusting and very worrying.

I echo that .
I heard it reported that the case was to create a precedent for future political statements .
The cynic in me thinks otherwise .
And with that diminutive ,odious turd Bercow openly stating that HE will not allow a hard exit it only adds to the sinister manoeuvers going on.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 29 May 2019, 19:36:17 »

As for the bus thing, nobody intelligent believed it.  But I can tell you from a random sample of people at the time - mostly leavers it has to be said - did believe it. In fact, it swayed their voting for their beloved waste of space NHS.
If brexit is stolen, wait for the next general election. All the thick people will become very spiteful...anarchistic even. We will end up with a very different type of government than we have been used to. But, then again, that's probably a good thing.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 May 2019, 19:50:13 »

Hopefully that hateful little witch Yvette Cooper will be performing a double act with her husband on Strictly has beens, after the next election.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.