Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desperate Dealers  (Read 1233 times)

Lawman

• Cleland
    • View Profile
Desperate Dealers
« on: 24 September 2006, 13:36:09 »

Went to the dealers to see how much my car was worth in a trade in.
"Okay" the guy says, "Come inside till I take some details". So walking to the showroom he says in a very chit-chat way, "What are you thinking of getting?" so said that I was quite keen on an Astra Coupé.
Once in the showroom he asked for my keys to "look around" my car. I look out the window to see him driving away :o
I point this out to my friend who imediately said, "oh no, he better not try to make a gap!" because my car's got a problem that means it sometimes lags under heavy acceleration. He didn't crash it and comes back in. "We can source a silver 1.8 or a blue 2.2" both £7,999. "Cool" I said, and he types more into his computer, He'll give me £1000 for my car with payments of £44 a month, then asked if he could get my business today..."no"...through the week..."no"...next few months..."no" gets his manager over, trying to be really intimidating, but i wasn't for taking it, so he's giving it all "you've wasted our time" etc...  He even offered £500 cash back to cover the insurance increase cost.

All in all they were going to be giving me a cracking deal:
53 reg 2.2 Astra Coupé
2 years parts and labour warranty
Cheap weekly payments
£500 Cashback

But all I wanted to know was how much my car would be worth in a trade-in so that I could budget for next year. At no point did I say I wanted to buy a car. Also the salesman didn't introduce himself, despite saying "Chris" after every sentance. At no point did he say that he was going to take my car for a drive.

So even if I was going to buy a car...It wouldn't be from Reg Vardy Vauxhall in Motherwell  :)
« Last Edit: 24 September 2006, 13:37:42 by lawman »

Taxi_Driver

Re: Desperate Dealers
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2006, 17:19:36 »

I assume the £44 per month is per week, otherwise it'll take you about 13 years to repay it  ;)

You could get a 53 plate meega for that money  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I suspect that if you had picked a car from their stock and not another dealers stock then you may have been offered more tradein wise.

Plus what meega have you got?

Cheers

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2006, 19:18:03 »

Yeah it would take ages to pay that and would rather have an omega than an astra
« Last Edit: 24 September 2006, 19:18:28 by LSG_1 »
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Lawman

• Cleland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2006, 20:18:26 »

TD - I actually have a 5-door Corsa GLS  :-[

Yes, per week, silly me!

Well it wasn't in their stock and they were wanting to sell it to me there and then...NO! :D

The astra coupe was just a fictional car due to his lighthearted way of asking what I was interested in. I'm still keen on getting an Omega and I'd rather sell my car for £2250 than trade it in...it wouldn't make sense

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2006, 20:26:13 »

Went to the dealers to see how much my car was worth in a trade in.
"Okay" the guy says, "Come inside till I take some details". So walking to the showroom he says in a very chit-chat way, "What are you thinking of getting?" so said that I was quite keen on an Astra Coupé.
Once in the showroom he asked for my keys to "look around" my car. I look out the window to see him driving away :o
I point this out to my friend who imediately said, "oh no, he better not try to make a gap!" because my car's got a problem that means it sometimes lags under heavy acceleration. He didn't crash it and comes back in. "We can source a silver 1.8 or a blue 2.2" both £7,999. "Cool" I said, and he types more into his computer, He'll give me £1000 for my car with payments of £44 a month, then asked if he could get my business today..."no"...through the week..."no"...next few months..."no" gets his manager over, trying to be really intimidating, but i wasn't for taking it, so he's giving it all "you've wasted our time" etc...  He even offered £500 cash back to cover the insurance increase cost.

All in all they were going to be giving me a cracking deal:
53 reg 2.2 Astra Coupé
2 years parts and labour warranty
Cheap weekly payments
£500 Cashback

But all I wanted to know was how much my car would be worth in a trade-in so that I could budget for next year. At no point did I say I wanted to buy a car. Also the salesman didn't introduce himself, despite saying "Chris" after every sentance. At no point did he say that he was going to take my car for a drive.

So even if I was going to buy a car...It wouldn't be from Reg Vardy Vauxhall in Motherwell  :)
Where are these dealers, I still wait for my local ignorant dealer to give me a call about the Vectra VXR test that i requested the dealer is Sherwoods in Darlington by the way. Absolutely useless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.