Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twit drivers  (Read 2299 times)

Martin_1962

Twit drivers
« on: 09 September 2006, 21:37:47 »

Took the van back to storage and went to a garden centre on the way home today (this one was Omega free except for mine) 1 idiot blocked the entrance waiting for ONE particular spot, so I reversed and went in the exit and parked straight up - no problem.

After having a look around and chatting to a neighbour who works there we headed back to the car - someone had driven into the spot behind our car and had hit our towbar!!!! The cover was distorted and their bumber was distorted

Anyway I reversed first - moved their car then drove off.

Why do people drive into my car?

IDIOTS!

STMO123

Re: Twit drivers
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2006, 18:25:50 »

Mine got a very small dink in the multi-storey yesterday. I cant quite work out how they did it. Its right on top of the drivers side wing? :o

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2006, 18:33:46 »

their bumber was distorted

And probably distorted a bit more now.....fair play Martin  ;)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 September 2006, 21:44:00 »

Well done m8  ;) good on ya
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Martin_1962

« Reply #4 on: 10 September 2006, 22:36:04 »

That place was full of numpties that day!

don't argue with tow bars!

TheOutcast

« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2006, 07:36:09 »

Tow bar - the original reverse parking sensor.  ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2006, 17:59:20 »

I remember years ago a car went into the back of my dads car......he's got a tow bar.....result no damage to my dads car.....hole in the radiator of the other car  ;D

STMO123

« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2006, 21:55:59 »

I remember years ago a car went into the back of my dads car......he's got a tow bar.....result no damage to my dads car.....hole in the radiator of the other car  ;D

Yep. Worst they can do is bu**er your electrics up ;D ;D ;D

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 September 2006, 00:38:08 »

With reversing sensors, there's no chance of backing into anything such as a gate post or Smart car. :-[
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #9 on: 12 September 2006, 04:59:22 »

With reversing sensors, there's no chance of backing into anything such as a gate post or Smart car. :-[

Agreed  ;D

Gwilym

• Bridgwater, Somerset, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 September 2006, 11:36:49 »

My tow ball is removeable but after this I am tempted to leave it in as a safety device.

White '00 3.0 MV6 Estate (Ex Met Police Firearms Car)

Ghosts in my machine

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2006, 12:15:38 »

It must be something about Omegas. Mine seems to invite morons to drive idiotically around me. I have never had a car that acts like a magnet for gits like the Meega.

Perhaps thats why the Police liked them! Trouble came to them instead of having to look for it! Certainly having watched Road Wars on Sky (could also be called Omega Watch!), bad drivers seem to swarm around Plod Omegas. The difference is that I only have my middle finger and the horn, not Blue lights, siren and the power of arrest! [smiley=grin.gif]

Can you buy James Bond car gadgets on ebay? That'd even up the score! [smiley=laugh.gif]
Dyslexic dwarves.... there not big and they're not clever!

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2006, 12:56:42 »

I liked someone's idea about writing nasty messages on the blind and then putting it up for twits.  I also liked what Jeremy did with the led display in the caravan bit.

I used to have a big american pickup that was somehow invisible?  I thought about putting an airhorn off of a diesel-elctric locomotive in it to wake people up, but decided it wasn't worth loc-titeing every fastener on the truck.
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 September 2006, 13:12:53 »

Its funny how someone can miss something as big as an Omega. A few years back I was filling my old estate with LPG when I felt the car move. I looked round to see a very red faced young girl, she got out of her car and asked if she had done any damage to my car which she hadn't but her number plate and bumper where in a mess. She apologized and said she was paying more attention to where the pump was than what was infront of her to which I replied its a good job no one was walking between the cars on their way to pay :o Its also a good job I had a tow bar fitted ;D
Retired

Ghosts in my machine

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 September 2006, 13:16:38 »

Maybe thats the reason Plod has the blue lights. To stop people hitting them!  [smiley=wink.gif]

My Landrover always seemed to be visible to everyone except Volvo estates and Sierra drivers (one drove into the side of me while I was stationery once).

Maybe it's peoples perception of certain cars. Although the poll suggests otherwise, people seem to think Omegas are driven by old men, so maybe they think they're fair game or being driven slowly. They used to pull out right in front of the Landy, unfortunatley it had a 3.5 litre V8 and was usually going a bit faster than the slow diesel they expected.

Dyslexic dwarves.... there not big and they're not clever!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.