Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks to WIM at Chesham  (Read 3200 times)

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to WIM at Chesham
« Reply #15 on: 28 November 2019, 22:48:04 »

Had Omegas since joining OOF in 2008. Started with a 2.5 pre facelift saloon, then a 2.5 pre facelift estate, next a 2ltr pre facelift estate(still got it when finally MOT'd will be daily driver). Have had a 2.2 estate (that went to the carpark in the sky, as too many problems) Got a 2.6 saloon my daily driver, just passed MOT.

Never get fed up with them, even with all the aggro trying to get parts for them.  ;D
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 November 2019, 10:17:58 »

Still got two. One undergoing gentle recommissioning, the other waiting for its turn... :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 November 2019, 14:06:36 »

My family had five Senator 24 valves for many years, I drove them all over Europe. I scrapped them as their clutches failed. I moved on to Omegas. Thanks to this forum (thanks JamesV6CDX) I learned how to change a clutch, and they lasted longer.  Sadly, the dreaded rust has destroyed most of them, but still one PFL survives, an estate ( so no rear suspension problems), and I drive it every day.

I have never been to WIM at Chesham, never felt the need. I carefully set the toe-in on every car as it needs attention, using my long plank method.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 November 2019, 14:35:06 »

My family had five Senator 24 valves for many years, I drove them all over Europe. I scrapped them as their clutches failed. I moved on to Omegas. Thanks to this forum (thanks JamesV6CDX) I learned how to change a clutch, and they lasted longer.  Sadly, the dreaded rust has destroyed most of them, but still one PFL survives, an estate ( so no rear suspension problems), and I drive it every day.

I have never been to WIM at Chesham, never felt the need. I carefully set the toe-in on every car as it needs attention, using my long plank method.

I've bought cars knowing they needed clutches :o

Like Terry, I use basic methods to get the settings close after suspension work. But that's just a basic setup to reduce the time and cost of having the car aligned accurately. This two step procedure produces a car that drives OK initially, but is improved immensly after spending a few quid - £70 including freeing off and adjusting the rear - and 30minutes including driving there. I don't feel the need to drive 80miles to WIM, when a local firm has the kit and knows how to use it intelligently.

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 November 2019, 15:57:57 »

I still have my three and to be honest,there are still a good few out there but just not on here.I continually try to wheel potentially new members towards here, but when I check ...nope! So that suggests that they are not going to be long term owners...or they are competent mechanics ::) who knows?

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 29 November 2019, 16:24:27 »

I still have my three and to be honest,there are still a good few out there but just not on here.I continually try to wheel potentially new members towards here, but when I check ...nope! So that suggests that they are not going to be long term owners...or they are competent mechanics ::) who knows?
Maybe they see usernames like 'Mutha Jugs n Speed' and think "Oh dear, that doesn't sound like my type of forum at all"  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 November 2019, 17:44:56 »

I've bought cars knowing they needed clutches :o

Like Terry, I use basic methods to get the settings close after suspension work. But that's just a basic setup to reduce the time and cost of having the car aligned accurately. This two step procedure produces a car that drives OK initially, but is improved immensly after spending a few quid - £70 including freeing off and adjusting the rear - and 30minutes including driving there. I don't feel the need to drive 80miles to WIM, when a local firm has the kit and knows how to use it intelligently.
That's the critical bit, in the absence of such an establishment, the journey to WIM is worth every penny  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 November 2019, 17:52:13 »

I bet it's so long since they saw an Omega that they'd forgotten what to do!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 November 2019, 18:12:12 »

Yes our local place that both Nick and I have used over the years and several other forum members comes highly recommended ...probably more the guys that understand how to set things correctly and are willing to take advise as to how we want them set up
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.