Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car interiors  (Read 3561 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Car interiors
« on: 15 September 2014, 02:51:08 »

Over the years I have noticed the Senetor/Carlton where bigger inside than the Omega, even the MFL was slightly bigger than the FL models, not a great difference but a bit here and a bit there it adds up.

The most noticeable head room was in the old mini.

The most sumptious I think was the leather in the 2.9 scorpio

The only car I have had to pull the seat forward in was a Lada.

Space wise I was suprised with the driving position /space of the mk1 micra.

The old Toyota Hiace box van hacked me off because I always seem to rest my foot by the acelerater as I get in the car and when I hired one of these I jumped in rested my foot and promptly shut the door nearly taking all my toes off

I loved the old 420SE merc bench seats and the space of it. but hated the old 2 door sl merc (80's).

Have always been drawn to vauxhall having had HA van, chevette, manta, cavalier 2/3/4 doors, carlton, omega etc, even a royale for a while and a couple of GM yanks.

With the lack of large RWD vauxhall cars to choose from other than the VXR V8 that will turn me back into a reckless 17 year again then that's a nono, but I think its time to move on. :-\

Time to look for something different, time to try a diesel I think.  but looking for something with a slightly bigger interior than the Omega's a bit like the senetor was.

Looking around at the (3.0 diesel)
300C - considering the estate version
S class Merc - less economical than the E class
E class Merc -
Audi A6 Quatro
plus a honda legend (petrol but is 4x4 3.5 v6)
Even the Lexus hybrids

Not sure whats good or bad, guessing the insurance may be hefty compared to the migs on some.
Just looking for someing with all the toys, but more interior space and added comfort for longer journeys.

Anysuggestions welcomed regards other models. :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

05omegav6

Re: Car interiors
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2014, 05:45:22 »

E Class ticks most of the boxes, but will be a previous model E500 for the toys that you get in an Omega Elite :-\

S Class the same, but it won't be much newer than the last Omega, unless you have the budget for a newer one...

chrisgixer

« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2014, 07:36:14 »

You forget the most important thing!

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2014, 09:54:36 »

You forget the most important thing!
Budget?

chrisgixer

« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2014, 10:05:14 »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2014, 10:14:43 »

And if thinking diesel then be aware they don't suit usage which is based on lots of short journeys

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2014, 11:43:05 »

as the post shows in detail , he didnt forget anything..  budget is not a problem ;)

personally I would recommend infinity v6 or v8.. a bit big but will be comfortable.. they are nearly faultless..

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=108218 (this is the old model)
« Last Edit: 15 September 2014, 11:49:39 by cem »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2014, 12:21:31 »

I must admit that the leather in the Scorpio used to be very comfy.. with the added advantage that there was no danger of catching a glimpse of the exterior of the car from there. ;D

The most disappointing interior I've seen recently is the 5 series BMW dashboard. Almost identical to my Morris Ital. Huge slab of moulded black plastic with some tacky silver painted detail.

Here.. Spot the difference... ;)

and..

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2014, 12:30:41 »

Ah....the Marina/Ital.......a time when Britain was the world leader in cutting edge car design. :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2014, 12:32:18 »

As always cem, you leave no choice but to disagree. ;D

Those models are considerably more than any omega. A few more years on the omega and that might improve.

I'd need a significantly more substantial reason than "oh I feel like a change" to justify the costs of those. Bar a few head unit inputs, don't expect any more toys or comforts either.

Fact is, head gasket failed or not, almost any repair is cheaper than any of these models.

While it's always nice to have a newer car, are we really getting a better car than an omega given the extra outlay?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 September 2014, 12:36:57 »

Ah....the Marina/Ital.......a time when Britain was the world leader in cutting edge car design. :)

Well, I was always cutting the edge of the front mud flaps, as the body roll was so horrendous that they kept dragging on the ground! ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 15 September 2014, 12:56:59 »

VW Phaeton might be a good place to start looking... :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2014, 13:14:56 »

Well, I was always cutting the edge of the front mud flaps, as the body roll was so horrendous that they kept dragging on the ground! ;D

The Marina/Ital is obviously a far superior car to any BMW.  ::)  I have fond memories of my Marina Coupe 1800TC!  :-*
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 15 September 2014, 13:17:22 »

The Marina/Ital is obviously a far superior car to any BMW.  ::)  I have fond memories of my Marina Coupe 1800TC!  :-*
The similarities are almost uncanny...

The reasons behind BMWs purchase of Rover suddenly become clearer ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2014, 13:26:59 »

The Marina/Ital is obviously a far superior car to any BMW.  ::)  I have fond memories of my Marina Coupe 1800TC:-*

I believe this one came with the arthritic lump from the MGB. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.