Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Omega 'Fatality'??  (Read 1168 times)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
First Omega 'Fatality'??
« on: 17 September 2014, 14:13:30 »

Ok, so while at work and being very, very busy, I find myself on 'howmanyleft' and looked up 'Omega CDX'...

Turns out there's only 92 2.5 V6 CDXs left....  :'( BUT in 2012 only 3 CDX Dualfuels and now NONE registered (1 SORN, but there were only 20 on the road in 2001!! And looks like only 20 Dualfuels of this trim level were made)

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=vauxhall+omega+CDX

And do you own a 2.5TD CDX Manual?? (because there's only 5 left apparently!!)

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: First Omega 'Fatality'??
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2014, 14:22:02 »

Personally, I don't think that site is any use whatsoever ... it is so full of inaccuracies it is ridiculous ...

please explain the following ...

OMEGA V6 CDX ELITE AUTO

OMEGA ELITE SE 16V AUTO

as I never heard of either model .....

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2014, 14:29:39 »

Yeah, I just saw that... utterly threw me, too.

???
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2014, 14:33:21 »

was the SE 16 valve the 2.0 litre elite?

I am 99% certain we looked at one (early production) when we bought our first Omega back in '99
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2014, 18:26:30 »

I am 99% certain we looked at one (early production) when we bought our first Omega back in '99
Elite has never been offered with a 16 valve petrol engine (only 16valver is the FL 2.2DTi).

That site is so full of shite that its useless.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2014, 18:51:01 »

Elite has never been offered with a 16 valve petrol engine (only 16valver is the FL 2.2DTi).

I think they themselves know that judging by their disclaimer:

"How accurate is this data?
As with all large government databases, there are errors in this dataset (especially since quite a lot of the data for older vehicles is based on paper records that were originally maintained by local authorities).

The most common error that crops up is vehicles that don't have exactly the correct model variant recorded on their V5 registration document. For example, a special edition Peugeot 205 Gentry might only have Peugeot 205 recorded on its V5. This can lead to some model variants appearing to be rarer than they actually are.

The key to understanding whether or not the data is accurate for your particular model is to check the model name on its V5 registration document. If it's not what you expect it to be, then it's likely that the DVLA statistics for that model aren't very accurate!

This happens more often with older vehicles, especially for those that would have originally been registered in the 1970s and earlier."

::) ::) :D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2014, 18:58:45 »

I won't dissagree. However my recollection was that it had loads of extras including cruise which was a must coming from a Carlton CDX. It looked a heavier car and I thought a 2.0 petrol wouldn't be fast enough . Must have been an Omega 2.0 CDX with extras?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 September 2014, 19:04:52 »

I won't dissagree. However my recollection was that it had loads of extras including cruise which was a must coming from a Carlton CDX. It looked a heavier car and I thought a 2.0 petrol wouldn't be fast enough . Must have been an Omega 2.0 CDX with extras?
Not many differences between a cdx and elite, and cdx was available with 4 pot petrols...
Grumpy old man

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 September 2014, 18:39:23 »

That site said that my Omega didnt exist. I carried on driving it for four further years until selling it. The DLVC still took my money road tax each year
Keith B

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2014, 10:58:13 »

That site said that my Omega didnt exist. I carried on driving it for four further years until selling it. The DLVC still took my money road tax each year
Keith B

hahaha!! You should've sent them proof of the car's non-existence. And claimed your free road tax  :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.