Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Racism  (Read 11979 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Racism
« Reply #45 on: 16 September 2019, 19:15:37 »

WE are pilloried for "offending" them, but care not a jot for offending us. I really, REALLY do not wish to see two "men" kissing on screen and if I witnessed in real life, I'm surev that I would throw up. >:( :o

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 16 September 2019, 20:33:27 »

Liz, I’m not saying anything bad about that sort of people who in my opinion are not what I define normal ( and you know exactly what I mean) they have a right to live and do whatever they want but I don’t these folk shoving their lifestyle in my face. I’m certainly not going around campaigning to stop them, however it seems they seem to never stop whining.  What do you think about gay marriage then is there nothing sacred? What next?

But they are not shoving it in your face, or down your throat, to use another expression. The MEDIA is because they love a 'different' story that attracts their viewers or readers. I hate all the 'Love Island' mode of 'entertainment', so I just do not watch them. Simples. As long as they are not robbing me, or attacking me, insulting me, or just trying to change my life, I just do not care and let it upset me. Live at let live is my motto ;)

As for gay marriage; why not? If the couple love each other and want to commit to that love like any 'straight' couple, fine. Frankly there is so much hate and greed, with now growing violence, in the World, if anyone, what ever their personal circumstances, want to show love and peace, Let It Be :-* :-* :-*

There is so much more to worry about than other people's love and sexual habits, as long as it is within uk laws. ;)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 16 September 2019, 20:38:11 »

The problem for people with "traditional" views are now forced to accept those with ,shall i say, alternative life styles in their lives and businesses. The case of the owners of a B&B who refused a same sex couple and a small bakery the refused to accept an order for a same sex "wedding". Both were prosecuted, but their beliefs were ignored and their right to freedom of choice and speech was taken away. When will the moral majority be heard? Never now as things stand. >:(
« Last Edit: 16 September 2019, 20:42:24 by ronnyd »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 16 September 2019, 20:41:35 »

The Sexual Offences Act was made law in July 1967. It decriminalised homosexual acts in private between two men, both of whom had to have attained the age of 21; although the comments of Roy Jenkins, the Home Secretary at the time, captured the government’s attitude: ‘those who suffer from this disability carry a great weight of shame all their lives.’ Lord Arran, one of the original proposers of the bill, tried to minimise criticisms by making the qualification to what he called an ‘historic’ milestone: ‘I ask those [homosexuals] to show their thanks by comporting themselves quietly and with dignity … any form of ostentatious behaviour now or in the future or any form of public flaunting would be utterly distasteful …’

That what you mean, Raeturbo?

Ron.

A shameful statement that reflected the common ignorance of the time, and public statements by many 'public figures' who were hypocrites, saying one thing in public and the opposite in their private lives >:( >:(

As for the last comment; so any couple, of any "sex" walking along holding hands and showing love and affection is wrong? ::) ::) ::)

So let everyone go with the growing minority who do not love fellow man, but goes and stabs or shoots them!  All good then?! >:( >:(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 16 September 2019, 21:04:48 »

Yes indeed Ron, they should treat us with the same respect and patience as we are expected to treat them. Keep it to theirselves Ffs I find it abhorrent and I don’t like my grandchildren  growing up thinking sex between same sexes is normal ITS NOT!

But those very grandchildren could well be naturally attracted to the same sex, and you , an opinionated grandfather, making it clear that you think it is not normal will give them guilt complexes that could well lead to mental illness and even suicide, like it has in the past! You think that is good?! :o :o :o

My children, and now grandchildren, are, thank God, growing up in a world where loving an individual, and really showing it, is accepted with no guilt trips. My mother grew up in a conforming, restricted, often very hidden emotions, life and marriage, to a traditional all controlling, know it all man.  I though had a very loving honest, two way, relationship with my husband free from those past evils. Thank God I did, and also thank God even more people can be so open and honest today, whatever their sexuality, as we hoped for during the Summer of Love 1967, when the barriers started to come down. Conformity for the sake of it started to die 8) 8) 8)

I always think that those that protest so strongly have the most they are trying to hide!

If you all don't like it, switch off the TV programmes and stop reading the gutter media articles in all different forms that you do not like, as I do. Don't make such a bloody fuss about it!

Worry instead about what is going on in this world TODAY, with children being killed, societies being controlled as the Nazis and Communists did, with the Chinese version doing these things as we speak, spreading their evil, authoritarian, tentacles across the World! The USA and Iran are heading for a major war, with China and Russia in there somewhere, and British Democracy is dying. But some are worrying about "freaks" - their words, not mine - appearing on TV or in the wider printed and online media, and upsetting them! Oh, you poor souls! ::) ::) ::)

Get a life, and live the World we have now because tomorrow it could be all gone with your darkest nightmares coming true! ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 16 September 2019, 21:12:21 »

The problem for people with "traditional" views are now forced to accept those with ,shall i say, alternative life styles in their lives and businesses. The case of the owners of a B&B who refused a same sex couple and a small bakery the refused to accept an order for a same sex "wedding". Both were prosecuted, but their beliefs were ignored and their right to freedom of choice and speech was taken away. When will the moral majority be heard? Never now as things stand. >:(

So you think that anyone who runs a commercial operation has the right to hang a notice up stating:

No Gays
No Blacks
No Dogs
No Irish

or refuse to provide their advertised services to those individuals, in three out of four cases, fellow human beings born as equals in the eyes of God, in this day and age, not the 1950s and 1960s?? :o :o

STEMO

« Reply #51 on: 16 September 2019, 21:19:22 »

Yes indeed Ron, they should treat us with the same respect and patience as we are expected to treat them. Keep it to theirselves Ffs I find it abhorrent and I don’t like my grandchildren  growing up thinking sex between same sexes is normal ITS NOT!

But those very grandchildren could well be naturally attracted to the same sex, and you , an opinionated grandfather, making it clear that you think it is not normal will give them guilt complexes that could well lead to mental illness and even suicide, like it has in the past! You think that is good?! :o :o :o

My children, and now grandchildren, are, thank God, growing up in a world where loving an individual, and really showing it, is accepted with no guilt trips. My mother grew up in a conforming, restricted, often very hidden emotions, life and marriage, to a traditional all controlling, know it all man.  I though had a very loving honest, two way, relationship with my husband free from those past evils. Thank God I did, and also thank God even more people can be so open and honest today, whatever their sexuality, as we hoped for during the Summer of Love 1967, when the barriers started to come down. Conformity for the sake of it started to die 8) 8) 8)

I always think that those that protest so strongly have the most they are trying to hide!

If you all don't like it, switch off the TV programmes and stop reading the gutter media articles in all different forms that you do not like, as I do. Don't make such a bloody fuss about it!

Worry instead about what is going on in this world TODAY, with children being killed, societies being controlled as the Nazis and Communists did, with the Chinese version doing these things as we speak, spreading their evil, authoritarian, tentacles across the World! The USA and Iran are heading for a major war, with China and Russia in there somewhere, and British Democracy is dying. But some are worrying about "freaks" - their words, not mine - appearing on TV or in the wider printed and online media, and upsetting them! Oh, you poor souls! ::) ::) ::)

Get a life, and live the World we have now because tomorrow it could be all gone with your darkest nightmares coming true! ;)
As do those who bang on relentlessly in defence of it  ::)
As we don't have to watch it on tv, you don't have to read what we say on here.
You're wasting your breath with most on here anyway. We have our views, and are hardly likely to change them now.
« Last Edit: 16 September 2019, 21:22:57 by STEMO »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 16 September 2019, 21:23:23 »

So you think that anyone who runs a commercial operation has the right to hang a notice up stating:

No Gays
No Blacks
No Dogs
No Irish

or refuse to provide their advertised services to those individuals, in three out of four cases, fellow human beings born as equals in the eyes of God, in this day and age, not the 1950s and 1960s?? :o :o
NO Lizzie, i didn,t say that at all. The point i made is simply that folk with traditional views are being branded as bigots for their beliefs.

STEMO

« Reply #53 on: 16 September 2019, 21:34:31 »

No Gays
No Blacks
No Dogs
No Irish

NO Lizzie, i didn,t say that at all. The point i made is simply that folk with traditional views are being branded as bigots for their beliefs.
You can say normal, Ronny, you don't have to dress it up as traditional. Normal, in my view, means a position taken by the (vast) majority. But, as always, the vocal minority always get the attention.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 16 September 2019, 22:43:39 »

Indeed and as I said earlier I don’t want to see it or hear it I don’t like the gay lgbt blah blah processions  mincing down the streets, I’ll deal with my family as I see fit with no crap or stupid advice which I don’t agree with, as said traditional values are being under mined and I strongly believe in the institution of marriage, shame on you if you don’t! There are many men on here who like to be known as men I’m one of them and I won’t dilute my interpretation of the word. I’m not going around the streets flaunting my masculinity so why the hell are they flaunting their nonsense and holding the traffic up. Keep it to themselves most of us don’t like it although we put up with it peacefully on the whole and Ive said once,  I am not going around harassing them!
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 16 September 2019, 23:01:02 »

Just seen on the news some fkd up parents are keeping their babies gender secret so it can pick what it wants to be when it grows up. What the Fk is happening here! I’m glad I’m old and don’t have to see the outcome of all this ungodly Frankenstein type behaviour from the so called new world population.
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 17 September 2019, 10:09:29 »

You're wasting your breath with most on here anyway. We have our views, and are hardly likely to change them now.

Sorry STEMO, but this type of thread on a public forum is guaranteed to stir up emotions and get fierce responses. If we utter proclamations of our inner beliefs on this type of platform then under the terms of the freedom they enjoy, expect others in opposition to those views to equally "bang on" about them in response.   That is what I think you wanted? ::) ??? ???

Do not expect it to be all one way.  This all is a very controversial subject, which touches on the lives of many people, thus the UK Hate Crime Laws that are in place, which I am duty bound by the police to advise on and protect. The expressions on this thread have the potential to cause serious offence to more individuals than the authors of them obviously, from the comments made, understand.

STEMO

« Reply #57 on: 17 September 2019, 11:32:35 »

Sorry STEMO, but this type of thread on a public forum is guaranteed to stir up emotions and get fierce responses. If we utter proclamations of our inner beliefs on this type of platform then under the terms of the freedom they enjoy, expect others in opposition to those views to equally "bang on" about them in response.   That is what I think you wanted? ::) ??? ???

Do not expect it to be all one way.  This all is a very controversial subject, which touches on the lives of many people, thus the UK Hate Crime Laws that are in place, which I am duty bound by the police to advise on and protect. The expressions on this thread have the potential to cause serious offence to more individuals than the authors of them obviously, from the comments made, understand.
I really, and I mean really, don't give a f**k who I offend. I am offended daily, so I send it back, with knobs on.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 17 September 2019, 12:02:26 »

I think the vast majority of people would rather that Police concentrate on real crimes like burglary, robbery, assault etc than worrying about whether Uncle STEMO has offended Lord Opti!  ::)

You should advise the Police about that Lizzie, because rightly or wrongly there is a public perception that the Police are allocating huge resources to so called hate crimes at the expense of investigating and solving proper crime!  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #59 on: 17 September 2019, 12:25:30 »

I think the vast majority of people would rather that Police concentrate on real crimes like burglary, robbery, assault etc than worrying about whether Uncle STEMO has offended Lord Opti!  ::)

You should advise the Police about that Lizzie, because rightly or wrongly there is a public perception that the Police are allocating huge resources to so called hate crimes at the expense of investigating and solving proper crime!  ;)
You're nicked, lad. 👩🏻‍✈️🗝
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.