Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Radio behaviour

(1/5) > >>

BazaJT:
The CCR2006 in my Elite is kaput,it won't recognise that there are any CDs in it and although the radio itself plays it seems to pick at random the volume it's playing at :o Given this I've got it turned off so the date shows on the display,however every 3rd or 4th time I start the car it displays SAFE because the radio has for some reason decided to turn itself on.This is mildly annoying,but my main worry is that it might decide to turn itself on while the car is parked and flatten the battery,any ideas why it would do this?I'd take it out and sling it but that'd leave an unsightly[and annoying]hole in the fascia.

dave the builder:
If your not bothered about the radio not working  :-
you could pull the unit out,remove the fuse from the back of the unit and slide it back in as a dummy
I removed mine and fitted a cheap 7" touch screen radio/mp3/video player with
b̶u̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶  reversing camera
more for the b̶u̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶ reversing camera than to listen to music
the old ccr2006 worked fine

ronnyd:
Took the CCR2006 out of mine, (think i gave it to Glastrokleptomaniac), and put a double din adapter in with a shitty Sony single din radio/CD. Only use it for local radio, BBC Radio Suffolk, Mostly use a memory stick or my MP3 player through the USB port. Adapter plate has a handy cubby hole to put the MP3  in. :D

BazaJT:
I do like music on when I'm driving,but the prices asked for a CCR2006 seem way too high for what is a nigh on 20yr old stereo.I have a perfectly good Blaupunkt [single din]with 10 disc multi-changer but fitting that would mean raving all the speakers/wiring out of the car[it's Bose equipped]to make it work properly and I'm not sure I can be bothered[or have the expertise]to do that,reckon I'll just pull the fuse and do without the music.

tunnie:
Wire in an Aux feed, far, far better  :y

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=140870.msg1826312#msg1826312

Be similar for 2006, I now have standard aux feed near headlight switch where my phone mounts. Full Bose sounds via Spotify, it really gets far more out of Bose than FM radio ever did.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version