Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dart Charge  (Read 5615 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Dart Charge
« on: 04 May 2017, 21:58:14 »

I had the misfortune to use that cluster-f*** of a tunnel yesterday. So today I try to pay the £2.50 charge. Get all the way through the payment process, enter credit card details, press submit, and then get some strange warning about not being able to display something in frames for security reasons.

So no onscreen receipt or reference number. And no Email receipt either (yet). So I can't check if I've paid or not. However, if I log into my internet banking I can see a payment of £2.50 to TFL-Dart or whatever it's called.

So I have till midnight to pay, I think I've paid, but have no receipt and no way to check. What could possibly go wrong?

STEMO

Re: Dart Charge
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2017, 22:00:29 »

You do have a receipt, at least one to say that you attempted to pay. Your card statement. Take a screen shot.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2017, 22:30:58 »

I have used it on 3 occasions  in the last 2 years paid & received on line confirmation that payment has been made & then a couple of weeks later have received letters of court action for failure to pay & had to send proof of payment , I asked to be reimbursed for the postage costs but heard nothing, if it happens again I will take them up on their court action bunch of cu**s.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2017, 22:51:21 »

Does anyone remember the promise that when the cost of the bridge was recouped, the crossing would be free? Or was that just a "politicians'" promise?

Ron.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2017, 23:04:41 »

Does anyone remember the promise that when the cost of the bridge was recouped, the crossing would be free? Or was that just a "politicians'" promise?

Ron.

Nobody ever kills a cash cow. But at least it wasn't privatised as Gordon Brown wanted to do, otherwise it would be even more expensive.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2017, 23:12:38 »

Ron.
Its not a Toll Charge anymore, its now a Congestion Charge. Money used to go to the Dartford Tunnel / Bridge Owners, now it goes to Mayor of London TfL.

And to answer OP question 35 quid is the first fine if you don't get it sorted within 24 hours.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2017, 23:17:45 »

Extortionate charge for using something that we already own and have paid for handsomely.  >:(

Ron.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2017, 23:59:15 »

Ron.

Nobody ever kills a cash cow. But at least it wasn't privatised as Gordon Brown wanted to do, otherwise it would be even more expensive.

Yes it was. And then it was sold to the French. A vital piece of infrastructure(there is NO sensible way of avoiding the Dartford Crossing) not owned by the country it's in? What oppswit thought that up? And we let them do it, which doesn't say much for us.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2017, 08:09:18 »

Extortionate charge for using something that we already own and have paid for handsomely.  >:(

Ron.

As a regular user of the Severn Bridge, £2.50 for the Dartford Crossing seems very reasonable compared to £6.70 for crossing the River Severn!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

aaronjb

« Reply #9 on: 05 May 2017, 08:53:09 »

Ron.

As a regular user of the Severn Bridge, £2.50 for the Dartford Crossing seems very reasonable compared to £6.70 for crossing the River Severn!  ::)

You want to try turning up in a pickup .. £13.50! That was a shock to the system..

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 May 2017, 08:58:59 »

Ron.

Yes it was. And then it was sold to the French. A vital piece of infrastructure(there is NO sensible way of avoiding the Dartford Crossing) not owned by the country it's in? What oppswit thought that up? And we let them do it, which doesn't say much for us.

Hmmmm I'm not sure about that. I think the contract to run the charging system may be SANEF who run many of the French Peage roads, I don't think they actually bought the bridge & tunnels. Not sure though.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 May 2017, 09:02:46 »

Ron.

You want to try turning up in a pickup .. £13.50! That was a shock to the system..

My daughter runs a small car sized van for her baking business. Yes, 13.50. If it was an HGV I could understand it. Just money grabbing. By the time the toll and fuel costs are considered it's often quite a bit cheaper and sometimes quicker to go East of the Severn by train if it's just one person

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 May 2017, 09:06:40 »

Ron.

That's the Redneck Tax!  :-X                                                                  ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

aaronjb

« Reply #13 on: 05 May 2017, 09:15:29 »

Ron.

That's the Redneck Tax!  :-X                                                                  ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D I'll have you know I resemble that remark!

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 May 2017, 12:30:30 »

Makes the tamar bridge at £1.50 seem an absolute bargin  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.