Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The BBC...little, annoying things  (Read 3480 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: The BBC...little, annoying things
« Reply #15 on: 17 June 2020, 21:49:36 »

The BBC recently described Chruchills statue in Whitehall as "controversial". This is how it starts. The slow change from almost everyone accepting it is a monument to a national hero, to people undersanding why other people want rid of it. Its a controversial statue, even the BBC say so.
How long until we see bonfires of books in the streets because they  contain something which offends someones left wing sensibilities ?

https://politicaluk.co.uk/2020/06/bbc-under-fire-over-term-use-to-describe-winston-churchill-statue/?fbclid=IwAR0OFHjXDTMh_-Gk3N3clyK2cg5SDYSFcESHhUntKXYNTOgDwGNZU1WgR8M
« Last Edit: 17 June 2020, 21:56:25 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 June 2020, 22:01:29 »

I despair to the point that I now actively avoid watching news and current affairs programmes. It seems to have got a hell of a lot worse in the last two or three weeks.

Fixed that for you Albs.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 June 2020, 22:15:57 »

Was listening to BBC Breakfast on Sunday and they were promoting the Salisbury Poisoning programme being aired that night. Naga Munchetty , setting the scene, said that Sergei Skripal and his wife Julia were poisoned in Salisbury. It was in fact his daughter, not his wife.  He had been to visit his wifes grave earlier that day in fact. Just more lazy journalism by the BBC. Not a bad drama to be fair. Two of the team who were involved in the subsequent investigation have suffered PTSD at varying levels. Especially the police sergeant who was played by Rafe Spall.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 June 2020, 23:45:53 »

I really do bleive that freedom of speech and thought is now under serious threat in the UK. BBC, SKY C4 ,ITN are all the same, pushing the same agenda, with little or no airtime for people giving a serious opposite view to the mainstream Liberal left.
It matters not who occupies No. 10. Almost all of the levers of power and influence in the country are firmly in the grip the left.
Which is why, when you listen to any current Govt. minister speaking, they sound like someone from Blairs Govt. instead of a Tory Govt. with a very solid majority.
I despair to the point that I now actively avoid watching news and current affairs programmes. It seems to have got a hell of a lot worse in the last two or three years.

Yep I go along with most or all of of that

However I take some comfort from the fact that in a General Election Joe Public manages to see though the rhetoric and BS, and vote accordingly.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 June 2020, 23:50:24 »

Write in Uncle STEMO!  :y
If only I had the energy or the inclination, Tigger, but I gave up long ago.

Roll on death  ;D
.               Like I said... fringe benifits💀😂
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 June 2020, 07:10:18 »

I really do bleive that freedom of speech and thought is now under serious threat in the UK. BBC, SKY C4 ,ITN are all the same, pushing the same agenda, with little or no airtime for people giving a serious opposite view to the mainstream Liberal left.
It matters not who occupies No. 10. Almost all of the levers of power and influence in the country are firmly in the grip the left.
Which is why, when you listen to any current Govt. minister speaking, they sound like someone from Blairs Govt. instead of a Tory Govt. with a very solid majority.
I despair to the point that I now actively avoid watching news and current affairs programmes. It seems to have got a hell of a lot worse in the last two or three years.

However I take some comfort from the fact that in a General Election Joe Public manages to see though the rhetoric and BS, and vote accordingly.

Only they dont get the party or Govt. they thought they had voted for. So far, this lot have been weak, unprincipled, inept and more than willing to cave in to the slightest pressure and U turn enough times to make themselves dizzy.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 18 June 2020, 07:25:05 »

Only they dont get the party or Govt. they thought they had voted for. So far, this lot have been weak, unprincipled, inept and more than willing to cave in to the slightest pressure and U turn enough times to make themselves dizzy.  :(
Yes. It's as if they try to appease every group of protesters that crop up on a weekly basis, while ignoring their core voters, who are shellshocked by current events. As we all know, populism leads to disjointed policy making and emboldens even the most crackpot lobbyists. I think Boris is still finding his feet after suffering from the virus. All of the fight has gone out of him.
What was that saying? You can't please all of the people all of the time? 

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 June 2020, 07:35:08 »

The Beeb has seen itself as a revisionist left wing opinion former rather than an independent news reporter for many years. Take the saintly Laura (please do), her ‘to camera’ spots are invariably subjective conjecture about what ‘may’ happen if this or that occurs rather than objective comment on what has already occurred. >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 June 2020, 10:34:42 »

They write the news rather than report it. Unfortunately in then becomes the new truth. Best ignored, but eventually their truth becomes THE truth and there's nothing to undo it :'(
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 June 2020, 11:19:42 »

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped
George Orwell "1984"
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 June 2020, 11:39:05 »

So far, this lot have been weak, unprincipled, inept and more than willing to cave in to the slightest pressure and U turn enough times to make themselves dizzy.  :(
Maybe this is not the time to say it, but...

I told you so last year ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 June 2020, 11:44:04 »

They write the news rather than report it. Unfortunately in then becomes the new truth. Best ignored, but eventually their truth becomes THE truth and there's nothing to undo it :'(
I guess our generation are to blame, we have bred a generation of even thicker idiots, reliant on a nanny state. Who themselves have started to bred even thicker idiots who believe every word thats on the country's biggest cancer - Facebook.

If only this sniffle was more deadly, as if our population was quartered, intelligence/common sense would have to improve to assure survival. And the country would not be so overpopulated.  Ah well, there's always bullets.  TB for PM!
Grumpy old man

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 June 2020, 18:09:24 »

I know this is nothing to do with the BBC but  ::) I have just been watching the daily Downing Dodgers on the BBC news network here in Mallorca, what a FUp! They have no sense of direction as far as I can see to get rid of this virus. They never answered any of the questions asked. Here in Spain, I never ever thought that I would say this but, the government here in the Balearics have done a bloody brilliant job of getting this thing under control. And don't get me started on the problems you have with this racist problem! Dangerous times for you guys. Rant over!  :y
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 June 2020, 18:14:45 »

Ah well, there's always bullets.  TB for PM!

Not far wrong there TB!  :y
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 June 2020, 19:02:13 »

So far, this lot have been weak, unprincipled, inept and more than willing to cave in to the slightest pressure and U turn enough times to make themselves dizzy.  :(
Maybe this is not the time to say it, but...

I told you so last year ;)

And I would imagine I didnt disagree. They were and still are the least worst option though, even though Ive never voted for them in my life - yet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.