Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Looks like Boris has walked it  (Read 15661 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Looks like Boris has walked it
« Reply #120 on: 17 December 2019, 17:56:51 »

I really am sorry you feel that way about my list.

I am not going to waste my time explaining the list as you clearly do not have a desire for Britain to be great at anything. We will just have to agree to disagree .

As far as London is concerned, despite it being a place I personally care not to go to, if you were to ask around the world it is viewed as being THE city having such a mix of heritage, food, things to do etc etc. There I have just wasted my time. Hey ho .
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #121 on: 17 December 2019, 18:04:16 »

London through rose tinted glasses. I lived there for ten years in the nineties/noughties. It was a shithole then, and that was before immigrants started stabbing each other over drugs to today's extent. Anyone who thinks London is something to be proud of needs to go and live there for a while.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 17 December 2019, 18:31:43 »

The EU isn't free trade, it is a tightly controlled common market with 27 different opinions. Being out of it and genuinely free to trade independently can only be a good thing.

Lunun does have some commercial value as a global tourist destination in much the same way as places like Paris and Venice, and is in that regard highly rated. Millions of tourists every year do wonders for the local and greater economies and isn't something to be sniffed at. Although I would never volunteer to live, work or visit the place.

Likewise, it is still a leading player in the global market arena.

UK Plc still has a lot to offer.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 17 December 2019, 19:09:07 »

Lunun does have some commercial value as a global tourist destination in much the same way as places like Paris and Venice, and is in that regard highly rated. Millions of tourists every year do wonders for the local and greater economies and isn't something to be sniffed at. Although I would never volunteer to live, work or visit the place.
Couldn't agree more, in the same way as many European capitals like Paris, Rome, Athens and so on.  As do other UK cities, such as Oxford and Edinburgh. They bring in many £'s to our empty coffers.  And the US £'s will keep coming, and if our currency stays low, still makes it affordable for our European cousins, despite any additional costs getting here :)

And I concur with the last sentence as well. Its not for me. Nor is Paris, which is essentially just like London, but smells more. Can't comment on Athens, as I've not been since I was about 2 ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 17 December 2019, 19:14:47 »

As far as London is concerned, despite it being a place I personally care not to go to, if you were to ask around the world it is viewed as being THE city having such a mix of heritage, food, things to do etc etc. There I have just wasted my time. Hey ho .
Working in a multinational corporate company, with multinational suppliers and customers who I get to talk to regularly, it is most definitely not THE city. Its a city, but there are many others that people put higher.  Sadly, in the case of some of our vendors, its London we drag them to ;D
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 17 December 2019, 19:25:47 »

I have been highly amused today listening to Labour apologists on Radio 4 re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. ;D ;D ;D

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 17 December 2019, 19:29:28 »

For me, touching on what DG mentioned, I cannot see how 27 countries all wanting different things could possibly work. This is one of the main reasons I voted leave. Square pegs, round holes etc.

Also to be in this less than perfect arrangement we probably pay a lot in. Forget the 350 million 'dangle berries' that was on the bus and I don’t know how much nor do I really care. But it’ll be a lot. But these are the reasons. I personally don’t believe we are a nobody country. But I do acknowledge we are not the empire we used to be.

As for London I like visiting. Soooo much history. And loads of cool things to see and do. ABSOLUTELY wouldn’t want to live there.
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 18 December 2019, 08:00:46 »

Poland might be expelled !
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 18 December 2019, 08:08:14 »

Wont happen. The Germans might invade tehm, but they wont expel them.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #129 on: 18 December 2019, 11:44:39 »

To link this thread with the VPN thread - we are world leaders in GDPR fines..

UK#1!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 18 December 2019, 13:22:25 »

Steve Bray "Mr STOOOOOOOOOP BREEEEEEEEXIT". Has hung up his megaphone at last. Hopefully he will be locked in a room with rubber walls wearing a jacket which does up at the back, and will never be seen or heard in public again.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 18 December 2019, 13:46:40 »

Steve Bray "Mr STOOOOOOOOOP BREEEEEEEEXIT". Has hung up his megaphone at last. Hopefully he will be locked in a room with rubber walls wearing a jacket which does up at the back, and will never be seen or heard in public again.

No doubt his funding has dried up, so he's having to move out of his freebie flat in Westminster on the same street as JRM , and has to go back to his bedsit in Port Talbot.  ::)

Nice gig for a while though!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 18 December 2019, 15:25:48 »

I never thought I would hear myself saying this, but there was an excellent letter in The Times today from Jack Straw, asking the Labour excuse merchants, in short form: "Just what part of the farewell message handed to you and your left wing policies by the British Electorate do you not understand?"
 :y :y :y

aaronjb

« Reply #133 on: 18 December 2019, 15:30:29 »

I never thought I would hear myself saying this, but there was an excellent letter in The Times today from Jack Straw, asking the Labour excuse merchants, in short form: "Just what part of the farewell message handed to you and your left wing policies by the British Electorate do you not understand?"
 :y :y :y

Speaking of .. I've started seeing this be shared:

::)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 18 December 2019, 15:37:04 »

London through rose tinted glasses. I lived there for ten years in the nineties/noughties. It was a shithole then, and that was before immigrants started stabbing each other over drugs to today's extent. Anyone who thinks London is something to be proud of needs to go and live there for a while.

We moved out of London in 1987 , best thing we ever did lived in Norfolk for about a year & then over the border to Lincolnshire go down there once or twice a year for theatre & to visit my elderly aunt (95) would never move back to that aptly called " shithole".
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.