Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Labour Party Leadership Election  (Read 2091 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Labour Party Leadership Election
« on: 18 December 2019, 14:03:45 »

Emily Thornberry has announced she will run for the leadership.  :)

Great! I hope she wins it!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

Re: Labour Party Leadership Election
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2019, 14:56:55 »

That will be two silly fat cows at the top table.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2019, 15:03:28 »

Posh totty.....well, posh anyway. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2019, 15:13:14 »

For competition she will have Rebecca long Bailey, I wouldn't want her serving my burger in KFC never mind running the country. Jess Phillips, who obviously is to busy to even wash her greasy mop, but is very confident on her abilities for reasons inexplicable. Angela Rayner, pig ignorant and brainless. Lisa Nandy, dim and dumb, with a worse lisp than Angela Rayner. And Keir Starmer, who is more presentable than the others, but an arch remainer Blairite, who probably doesn't stand a chance. Even heard a rumour that David Lammy might stand. There are no forum suitable words for him. He is a male Diane Abbot.
They will fight like rats in a sack for at least 6 months while the country is hopefully set back onto a better course than it has been for quite some time.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2019, 15:29:26 »

I hope Long Bailey gets it. She's an arch Corbynite, and that will condemn them to the wilderness for years, and if the Lib Dems got their act together in short order they could well become the second force in British politics. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2019, 17:05:26 »

I must be turning into Lord Opti, as I was going to back the most shaggable one
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2019, 17:20:03 »

Which is?  ???

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 December 2019, 17:29:54 »

Which is?  ???
Well, in Optis eyes, probably Abbott, seeing as he has strange fetishes for ugly birds.

I have to be honest, I've not heard who is putting themselves forward, as I've been listening to real radio stations on my travels.  Plus I'm struggling to care what Labour are going to do. Though I did hear that they seemed to want a chick, and Corbyn's spouting that the manifesto was perfect, which I thought might lay the path for Long-Bailey.  Which would clearly be suicidal for Labour, based on the last election ;D
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 December 2019, 18:11:48 »

All very amusing but like it or not our democracy relies on effective opposition. Without it the sitting party just runs away with its “ agenda”.  Lets see for example what Boris does on social care not something normally associated with the Tories but it was in their manifesto.

Let us hope Labour get a decent leader.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 December 2019, 18:21:30 »

Taking a contrary position of absolutely everything simply because you can does not effective opposition make.

The opposition's role in government is to provide balance and rational support as applicable.

Labour and the Lib dems have clearly forgotten this and with their demonstrations of incompetency over the last three years, they deserve to be sidelined.

I agree with you in principle regarding a viable opposition in the longer term, but as things currently stand, a solid majority government will see decisive progress :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 December 2019, 18:28:04 »

Taking a contrary position of absolutely everything simply because you can does not effective opposition make.

The opposition's role in government is to provide balance and rational support as applicable.

Labour and the Lib dems have clearly forgotten this and with their demonstrations of incompetency over the last three years, they deserve to be sidelined.

I agree with you in principle regarding a viable opposition in the longer term, but as things currently stand, a solid majority government will see decisive progress :y

And the Tories have shown competency over the last three years?  ::)

Duplicity is the best description of the Tories since the referendum, as they cooked up a deal that was so bad that we'd vote to remain in the EU in the 2nd referendum that Theresa May planned all along.  ::)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 December 2019, 18:42:26 »

All very amusing but like it or not our democracy relies on effective opposition. Without it the sitting party just runs away with its “ agenda”.  Lets see for example what Boris does on social care not something normally associated with the Tories but it was in their manifesto.

Let us hope Labour get a decent leader.

Very true, and. it has been calculated that the Tories would have had 20 more seats but for the Brexit party. A very large majority is not a good thing in our system. :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 December 2019, 19:32:47 »

I think all current politicians are a waste of space, and because they stupidly put cameras in the commons, its all about playing up to them and getting your soundbite politics over.  Which really means acting like children.

I have some faith that the new blood will try to get them all to grow up before they too get dragged down.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 December 2019, 20:08:05 »

And the Tories have shown competency over the last three years?  ::)

Duplicity is the best description of the Tories since the referendum, as they cooked up a deal that was so bad that we'd vote to remain in the EU in the 2nd referendum that Theresa May planned all along.  ::)
The last three years were a shameful embarrassment all round.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 December 2019, 20:14:34 »

I too would like to see an effective opposition. The Tories have become a slightly left of centre party post Thatcher, so I would like to see the opposition a right of centre (but not far right) party which stopped the Tories drifting too far to the left.
A party which effectively questions unlimited amounts of money, which the country doesn't have, being thrown into the NHS bottomless pit. Which effectively questions the benefit to anyone, recipients included, of an enormous, ineffective, unaffordable, welfare state. Which questions the constant drift towards an ever larger and more powerful state. Questions where the state thinks it has the right to take approx. half of everyones wages and other wealth and spend it how it sees fit...…...I could go on and on.
Labour and Libdems have long since outlived any possible usefulness to society and should be put out of their misery permanently.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.