Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update Seems to be working.  (Read 1224 times)

gavlar001

• kent
    • omega 2.6 mv6
    • View Profile
Update Seems to be working.
« on: 30 December 2019, 19:37:34 »

Hi all hope everyone had a great xmas just an update on the gear selector.I have now replaced the gear selector and also managed to have a good look under the car which has shed some light on possible other stuff but thats for later.The gear selector feels better and does select each gear with the yellow light engaged but it also still lights up all positions and flickers during selection, only sometimes via the stick. I drove it back after replacing and it hasnt thrown up the auto box limp mode lights crossed fingers so far.I took it apart checked and cleaned the tracks regreased and tp be fair the old one when i opened it up had solid white grease all over the tracks inside hard as a rock.When in drive it doesnt jump into limp mode and the old unit looked like the little slot was way out on the casing when mounted.Seems to be getting better as i drive and no erratic behavior from the box when driving.I didnt check the fluid level so thats next should i just top it up or flush it.Thanks Gavin

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Update Seems to be working.
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2019, 21:22:27 »

Take out the level/filler plug and see what the state of the fluid is that comes out-you shouldn't lose much fluid doing this.You're wanting to see a nice pinky red colour,if it's brown and smells burnt you might get away with a fluid change.Personally I wouldn't go for a flush as such I'd do a drain and refill two or three times with about 500mls between each drain/refill.

gavlar001

• kent
    • omega 2.6 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2019, 22:46:17 »

Hi mate nice one its an ar25 no leaks from anywhere but i bet the fluid is low.When you say drain and refill do you mean just open the top up hole and fill it up until it comes out then repeat that over a number of weeks as i cant see a drain hole.Was thinking to take the sumps off and drain it via those but are they a bit temperamental to complete fluid changes if not properly removed.Thanks

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2019, 01:47:40 »

Don't worry about it.

Being an AR25, it will eventually fail. Then replace it with a serviced AR35 ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

gavlar001

• kent
    • omega 2.6 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2019, 19:06:17 »

Lol Very true. Is there anywhere that does serviced ar35 boxes ready to be fitted for sale.They must need the gearbox ecu with it,does it need programming etc.How do you go about it.Thanks
« Last Edit: 31 December 2019, 19:08:54 by gavlar001 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2019, 19:24:09 »

No need to overcomplicate it ;)

Buy the box, drain it, swap the filters and store appropriately. When you fit it, simply fill with fresh fluid and call it done. The ecu is self learning, and the boxes are electronically the same :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

gavlar001

• kent
    • omega 2.6 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2019, 23:03:16 »

Thanks mate thats excellent.With a higher torque rating i guess the ar35 is a better box by far and i will be on the lookout to store one for a future change over.Im gonna change out the fluid on the box as long as the fluid is spot on specs anyway after inspecting it to see level and colour.Ive drove it again for 30 mins today and although it does light up everything sometime it settles on each gear position on the stick and did not jump into limp mode at all.So that was the problem i have other gear selectors to try and have cleaned up the old one which was caked in that white grease but hard inside.But i will try others to completely clear the lights as it must be that.Im just waiting on the parts for the thermostat change and am glad that im doing stuff myself with the help of everyone on here as the stealers wanted 320 quid to do it lol.I am looking for a tech 2 guy in kent as well if anyone knows one.Thanks Have a great new year.Gavlar. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.