Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Omega got rammed ,Hit n run  (Read 7759 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: My Omega got rammed ,Hit n run
« Reply #15 on: 01 September 2019, 17:43:39 »

I was just replying on another thread about CCTV
Mrs Builder rushes in and says "someones just hit your Omega"
went out and the white van has done one, drove off
fortunately we have his Reg number and CCTV footage
VAUXHALL VIVARO L1H1 CDTI 90 Reg No :FP15 FZM
taxed,MOTed and insured
I'm naming and shaming until I hear from him, which I think is fair

he was collecting someone from the church over the road
how very christian to not bother stopping  :-X

as My Omega was in PARK and the handbrake not pulled particularly tight ,will there be likely damage to the park pawl   :-\
it's been shoved backwards about 6 inches with quite some force

Bastard! but perhaps you can trace him via the church pickup. :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 September 2019, 18:06:12 »

That's awful Dave! :o :o :'(

No matter what get in touch with the police straight away so they can, eventually, get the bastards, and also back up your insurance claim. >:(

I would personally give them no time to come back.  Let them pay in all ways!! Do not assume the van was being driven by the actual owner ; it could have been just stolen or an uninsured driver was in charge of it >:( >:(
Contacting plod will be a waste of time. Friends were in their car when it was hit by a HGV, friends gave reg number to Plod etc etc & Plod were a complete waste of time & effort.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 September 2019, 18:09:16 »

No matter what get in touch with the police straight away so they can, eventually, get the bastards, and also back up your insurance claim. >:(

I would personally give them no time to come back.  Let them pay in all ways!! Do not assume the van was being driven by the actual owner ; it could have been just stolen or an uninsured driver was in charge of it >:( >:(

The police won't be interested Lizzie.

All information will be placed in their CBA (can't be arsed  no further action file) . :-\

They will and they may even already be "interested" in this party. Do not just assume that the police cannot help.  That way things will get a lot worse with the arses of society thinking they can get away with it, and if alleged offences are not reported, they will!

More officers are now being recruited, so do not give up on the justice system - yet! ;)
You have too much faith in them Lizzie.
« Last Edit: 01 September 2019, 18:17:12 by Andy B »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 September 2019, 18:46:57 »

The police won't be interested Lizzie.

All information will be placed in their CBA (can't be arsed  no further action file) . :-\

They will and they may even already be "interested" in this party. Do not just assume that the police cannot help.  That way things will get a lot worse with the arses of society thinking they can get away with it, and if alleged offences are not reported, they will!

More officers are now being recruited, so do not give up on the justice system - yet! ;)
You have too much faith in them Lizzie.

Yes.....I'm with Mr Beanz on this one. Plod are simply not interested. :-\

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 September 2019, 19:01:44 »

Yes , unfortunately a complete waste of MY time and money and Police time talking to the police about it
been there before when a knobjockey rear ended my brothers astra estate at lights and drove off

police did say they would go round and speak to the driver but in the end did SWA and the final call to them 2 weeks later ,"no one was hurt,it's a civil matter "

I've now checked the pawl etc ,seems ok  :) not drove it anywhere yet
the bumper at both sides is back slightly ,thinking that if I remove the bumper,slacken the crash bar and pull that forward etc and refit it should be ok,small bit of filler and paint and a new number plate (which I think was the main contact point) should sort it 'car damage wise '

which just leaves having a chat to the **** who did the damage  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 September 2019, 19:02:28 »

Maybe the driver is wanted and on the run for Omegacide elsewhere?  ::)

He could be a serial killer!  :o  :P
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 September 2019, 14:28:15 »

Yes , unfortunately a complete waste of MY time and money and Police time talking to the police about it
been there before when a knobjockey rear ended my brothers astra estate at lights and drove off

police did say they would go round and speak to the driver but in the end did SWA and the final call to them 2 weeks later ,"no one was hurt,it's a civil matter "

the bumper at both sides is back slightly ,thinking that if I remove the bumper,slacken the crash bar and pull that forward etc and refit it should be ok,small bit of filler and paint and a new number plate (which I think was the main contact point) should sort it 'car damage wise '

That is incorrect Dave, and if a PC told you that they were wanting to do something else with their time, not assist you, a member of the public, as the Law prescribes!  The Road Traffic Act dictates that  (I have copied and pasted this from a police advisory site to verify to you and others what the truth is:
"If, as a driver, your vehicle is involved in a road-traffic accident/collision on a road or public place and one or more of the following occurs:

a person, other than yourself, is injured,
damage is caused to another vehicle or to someone else's property - including street lamps, signs, bollards etc.
an animal, other than one in your own vehicle/trailer, has been killed or injured (animal means any horse, cattle, ass, mule, sheep, pig, goat or dog).
YOU MUST:

stop (whether it's your fault or not) AND,
give your name and address, the vehicle owner's name and address and your vehicle's registration number to anyone with reasonable grounds for asking for those details.

If you don't give your name and address, you must report the accident at a police station or to a police constable as soon as you can, and in any case within 24 hours (this does not mean you have 24 hours in which to report the accident). If you fail to stop, fail to give your and the owner's name and address or the vehicle's details or fail to report the accident, you commit an offence/s".

Now, after saying that I know what the actual situation is, and why some of you think "the police are useless".  Please see my thread on the matter if you are interested. ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 September 2019, 17:19:13 »

Bumper off, new crash bar and brackets and the bumper could refit OK.

But the chassis legs could be out and the wing may have pulled the slam panel back.

Regardless of what might accidentally befall the other driver, a claim against his insurance will hurt his pocket for at least three years... Which is usually as effective as a strongly worded conversation  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 September 2019, 18:23:22 »

Bumper off, new crash bar and brackets and the bumper could refit OK.

But the chassis legs could be out and the wing may have pulled the slam panel back.

Regardless of what might accidentally befall the other driver, a claim against his insurance will hurt his pocket for at least three years... Which is usually as effective as a strongly worded conversation  ;)
I've had it off  :P and i'm satisfied  ;D
 that it's gone back OK
but the paint above the numberplate has cracked badly since yesterday , so I expect I will have to sand it completely off to the plastic and plastic prime before painting rare z157

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 September 2019, 19:29:36 »

More officers might be of some use if they had the senior support they need. But, rather than that, they'll be tasked with catching mobile phone users.

And even if it does get to an arrest, the justice system is so hopelessly inefficient, I doubt it'll do much useful.

Vote for me, my method is much better. And affordable
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 September 2019, 19:33:51 »

That is incorrect Dave, and if a PC told you that they were wanting to do something else with their time, not assist you, a member of the public, as the Law prescribes!  The Road Traffic Act dictates that  (I have copied and pasted this from a police advisory site to verify to you and others what the truth is:
"If, as a driver, your vehicle is involved in a road-traffic accident/collision on a road or public place and one or more of the following occurs:

damage is caused to another vehicle or to someone else's property - including street lamps, signs, bollards etc.
an animal, other than one in your own vehicle/trailer, has been killed or injured (animal means any horse, cattle, ass, mule, sheep, pig, goat or dog).
YOU MUST:

give your name and address, the vehicle owner's name and address and your vehicle's registration number to anyone with reasonable grounds for asking for those details.

If you don't give your name and address, you must report the accident at a police station or to a police constable as soon as you can, and in any case within 24 hours (this does not mean you have 24 hours in which to report the accident). If you fail to stop, fail to give your and the owner's name and address or the vehicle's details or fail to report the accident, you commit an offence/s".

Now, after saying that I know what the actual situation is, and why some of you think "the police are useless".  Please see my thread on the matter if you are interested. ;)
I've said this before. Last armed robbery bro had, he called plod, but was told to "call back when they have gone". So one of his near retirement ladies had to see them off instead, before enjoying a stiff brandy.

When plod turned up hours later, not interested in the cctv, or fingerprints or anything like that. Just a crime number. Not even interested in a description. Nothing.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 September 2019, 19:51:27 »

YOU MUST:

I've said this before. Last armed robbery bro had, he called plod, but was told to "call back when they have gone". So one of his near retirement ladies had to see them off instead, before enjoying a stiff brandy.

When plod turned up hours later, not interested in the cctv, or fingerprints or anything like that. Just a crime number. Not even interested in a description. Nothing.

Yes, like the other emergency services, they are meant to stay away until an Armed Response Unit has arrived!  Sod the public, although as we sadly know some brave officers do not follow that command and can suffer physically for it!

Until society changes the legal system and it's too liberal ways, with life sentences meaning life, and armed robbery attracting a 20 year hard labour sentence, then it will not change. It is down to us to bring about change, after Brexit!! ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 September 2019, 20:00:42 »

Martial law should do the trick  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 September 2019, 20:37:26 »

Check for damage in the cabin and dash Dave. When a neighbours SIL left his hand brake off and it rolled back into my Desmond, writing it off, i had the boot straightened and bumper refitted. It was over a period of time that i discovered that other, in cabin, damage had been done. The "plastic wood" around the gear lever had pushed up slightly toward the dash, various plastic clips had "popped" and others broke, including the ones holding the dash end cover and the little "cubby" near the light switches was damaged. I managed to refit these but every so often the would pop out again. Sometimes things don,t manifest themselves straight away and it takes a bit of time to find these silly little things. :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 September 2019, 20:52:07 »

will do  :y
never thought of that
one thing I need to check is the prop donuts
I imagine that the flexing of these stopped the damage to the park pawl
but they can tear (I know this from carlton ownership )
so I'll check around the devil's front door auto gear selector etc too

one thing that I only just thought of
to replace the numberplate I have to faf about digging out the log book and my licence and about £18  :'(
only dry bread and water to eat this week  :P

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.