Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: caliper size  (Read 4696 times)

05omegav6

Re: caliper size
« Reply #30 on: 27 January 2015, 20:24:24 »

It could simply be that the caliper has seized, but if the new one doesn't even look the same... Then what is there to discuss? In which case I'm inclined to agree with Tbs original thoughts :-\

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 January 2015, 20:38:57 »

It could simply be that the caliper has seized, but if the new one doesn't even look the same... Then what is there to discuss? In which case I'm inclined to agree with Tbs original thoughts :-\

That's what my money's on

Slightly off topic, re the vented discs and calipers, is this considered a worthwhile upgrade? :y

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 January 2015, 20:40:37 »

Thanks Al appreciate your comments :y.Having the work done next Thursday so i will let you know.Dean.BTW this is the number i have for the caliper.90543586 gm rear left $235.
« Last Edit: 27 January 2015, 20:49:53 by moggy »

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 January 2015, 11:51:28 »

That's what my money's on

Slightly off topic, re the vented discs and calipers, is this considered a worthwhile upgrade? :y

I considered this for the Old Girl, after all you would, wouldn't you? It sounds cool, to start with, but looking at the amount of time and headaches vented rear discs seem to cause those who's cars have them, I think I'll stick to my standard solid rears. It's all marketing, after all, just like them bumping up the alloy wheel sizes over the years  ;)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #34 on: 28 January 2015, 12:03:17 »

They're no more or less troublesome than solid discs, you just need to be careful when ordering parts... The only real 'issue' is that the discs are more expensive...  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 January 2015, 18:06:59 »

No.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.