Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 03 Omega 3.2 Elite  (Read 3893 times)

alunonhisown

03 Omega 3.2 Elite
« on: 14 February 2010, 19:24:02 »

Can anyone tell me what the part number is for a new thermostat for my car PLEASE. I am going to go to Southern Vauxhall in the morning and get a new one and get a local back street mechanic to fit it for me.
Surely the timing belt will be ok till I return from France?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: 03 Omega 3.2 Elite
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2010, 19:27:41 »

Who knows?!?!  :-/  ;)

How long is a piece of string?

;)  :y  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2010, 19:28:26 »

Can anyone tell me what the part number is for a new thermostat for my car PLEASE. I am going to go to Southern Vauxhall in the morning and get a new one and get a local back street mechanic to fit it for me.

For the stat there are two types, one with thick flange, one with thin, believe either will do, if its thick make sure it comes with bolts as yours will most likey have thin one.

Make sure you get the 2 o-rings for the coolant transfer pipe as well.

Timing belt? Sorry but my mind reading protocol is offline today, when was it last changed?

Stat is a long job, budget for at least 5 hours at mechanics rates
« Last Edit: 14 February 2010, 19:29:24 by tunnie »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2010, 19:28:27 »

Your best bet is to contact JamesV6 ... he's far better than any "back street" merchant .. if he can fit you in around his other work ..

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2010, 19:29:39 »

What written assurance can you trust in the paperwork that you received with the car to say that its been changed as per?  Even then, things do go wrong sometimes....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2010, 19:31:13 »

What written assurance can you trust in the paperwork that you received with the car to say that its been changed as per?  Even then, things do go wrong sometimes....

We had proof on the 3.0 we bought, came from a very nice couple who owned it for 5 years. But still, did not trust it. For the sake of £150, its worth making sure.

alunonhisown

« Reply #6 on: 14 February 2010, 19:35:32 »

I am prepared to pay for the belt and water pump to be done but I know no-one who can do the job. I have asked Loo Knee and James V6 and they are too busy till the weekend or middle of next week.
I am NOT trying to save a few quid by not getting it done.
I have paperwork that says it was done in august last, but I do not believe it.

alunonhisown

« Reply #7 on: 14 February 2010, 19:36:40 »

We had proof on the 3.0 we bought, came from a very nice couple who owned it for 5 years. But still, did not trust it. For the sake of £150, its worth making sure.
£150. I was quoted more than treble that today, so who does a cambelt and water pump change for £150.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 February 2010, 19:37:14 »

I am prepared to pay for the belt and water pump to be done but I know no-one who can do the job. I have asked Loo Knee and James V6 and they are too busy till the weekend or middle of next week.
I am NOT trying to save a few quid by not getting it done.
I have paperwork that says it was done in august last, but I do not believe it.

In that case, do it again.  Question then is, who/where/when.....?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 February 2010, 19:37:50 »

£150. I was quoted more than treble that today, so who does a cambelt and water pump change for £150.

£150 is DIY cost

alunonhisown

« Reply #10 on: 14 February 2010, 19:42:58 »

£150 is DIY cost
Well young man, I wish I was as capable as yourself.
but I am not, so £420 it is then.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 February 2010, 19:44:44 »

£150 is DIY cost
:o
Retired

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 February 2010, 19:46:20 »

£150 is DIY cost

Diane,

Change the tone, you are starting to come over as patronising

Cheers

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

alunonhisown

« Reply #13 on: 14 February 2010, 19:46:57 »

£150 is DIY cost
????????????

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 February 2010, 19:47:42 »

£150 is DIY cost
????????????
check the chaps sig.......   ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.