Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

MOT extensions

(1/4) > >>

terry paget:
The MOT extension scheme appears to be ending early. So in this unjust world my cars whoe MOTs expired in April and May will be OK until September and October, my car whose MOT expires on August 15th will need a new MOT on August 16th. Can't this gevernment get anything right?

I quote:
'The changes affect any vehicle with a MOT due to expire on or after August 1. Drivers with a vehicle due an MOT before August 1 will still be granted the six-month extension but are being reminded that they must still keep their car in a roadworthy condition or face a fine and possible prosecution.What happens if I already have an exemption?

The changes affect any vehicle with a MOT due to expire on or after August 1. Drivers with a vehicle due an MOT before August 1 will still be granted the six-month extension but are being reminded that they must still keep their car in a roadworthy condition or face a fine and possible prosecution.What happens if I already have an exemption?

The changes affect any vehicle with a MOT due to expire on or after August 1. Drivers with a vehicle due an MOT before August 1 will still be granted the six-month extension but are being reminded that they must still keep their car in a roadworthy condition or face a fine and possible prosecution.What happens if I already have an exemption?

The changes affect any vehicle with a MOT due to expire on or after August 1. Drivers with a vehicle due an MOT before August 1 will still be granted the six-month extension but are being reminded that they must still keep their car in a roadworthy condition or face a fine and possible prosecution.'

Doctor Gollum:
Boo hoo. ;D

Just because you haven't had to get them tested doesn't mean that they shouldn't have been kept roadworthy.

johnnydog:
Have you got St Vitus Dance, Terry??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Broomies Mate:
Two of mine are currently making use of the extension.  I'm keen to get them MOT'd as soon as I can though, as should there ever be a problem in the future, I'd sooner be working on the car in Summer months than Autumn/Winter.

It's been somewhat handy, as both were due End April.   I can now get them a month apart.

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: terry paget on 30 June 2020, 14:13:59 ---The MOT extension scheme appears to be ending early. So in this unjust world my cars whoe MOTs expired in April and May will be OK until September and October, my car whose MOT expires on August 15th will need a new MOT on August 16th. Can't this gevernment get anything right?

I quote:
'The changes affect any vehicle with a MOT due to expire on or after August 1. Drivers with a vehicle due an MOT before August 1 will still be granted the six-month extension but are being reminded that they must still keep their car in a roadworthy condition or face a fine and possible prosecution.What happens if I already have an exemption?

--- End quote ---

What is the problem with that I just do not understand what you are complaining about, whilst blaming the Government. ::) ::)

We all still have to have our motors MOT'd in usual times, ensuring if used on the road they are fit to do so.  Your MOT runs out, the garages are now open for MOT's, if they were ever shut, so you get it done. If you have an extension, lucky you, but if that runs out you do what is the normal thing.

Simples! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version